Allman Brothers shows canceled

Yeah, it blows. I still get to see 3 shows this time. I had great tix for the 27th, oh well . Ticket sales are not what they used to be

QUOTE (Earthshine @ Mar 8 2010, 11:15 PM)
QUOTE (metaldad @ Mar 8 2010, 03:26 PM)
Ticket sales are not what they used to be

Nor are The Allman Brothers.

They still kick ass bro. I go see them every year. Right now they have the most talented line-up they ever had [ imo] I love Duane but Derek and Warren shine when they play together.

I've seen the Allmans a couple of times at the Beacon in the last few years. It's a great show. Nice small venue, classic tunes, the occasional guest sitting in...

I forget if it was last year or the year before, but Eric Clapton sat in on a few tunes at the show I went to. I enjoyed it very much. Good times.

QUOTE (RUSHHEAD666 @ Mar 8 2010, 11:58 PM)
QUOTE (bigmoney2112 @ Mar 8 2010, 01:23 PM)
That sucks that they had to cancel some of their shows. As long as they come around by me in the summer then I don't mind. laugh.gif

Hey BIGMONEY!

"EAT A PEACH!" tongue.gif

laugh.gif

QUOTE (bigmoney2112 @ Mar 9 2010, 02:16 PM)
QUOTE (RUSHHEAD666 @ Mar 8 2010, 11:58 PM)
QUOTE (bigmoney2112 @ Mar 8 2010, 01:23 PM)
That sucks that they had to cancel some of their shows. As long as they come around by me in the summer then I don't mind. laugh.gif

Hey BIGMONEY!

"EAT A PEACH!" tongue.gif

laugh.gif

trink39.gif

QUOTE (Natch @ Mar 9 2010, 03:05 PM)
I've seen the Allmans a couple of times at the Beacon in the last few years. It's a great show. Nice small venue, classic tunes, the occasional guest sitting in...

I forget if it was last year or the year before, but Eric Clapton sat in on a few tunes at the show I went to. I enjoyed it very much. Good times.

Hadn't seen that announcement yet. Every year I always contemplate heading up to the Beacon but other priorities take over. I did make it in '96 so at least I have been there for an ABB show.

Anyway, it was last year that Clapton joined the bro's in honor of their 40th anniversary. Also playing were Levon Helm, Bob Weir, Phil Lesh, Trey Anasastio and Page (from Phish), Susan Tedeschi, David Hidalgo, Billy Gibbons, Jimmy Herring, Sheryl Crow, Buddy Guy, and Johnny Winter. Unfortunately Kid Rock also joined in.

I agree that the Warren/Derek combo is the best duo they've had since Duane died. Oteil is also probably the best bass player they've ever had.

QUOTE (apetersvt @ Mar 10 2010, 07:46 PM)

Hadn't seen that announcement yet. Every year I always contemplate heading up to the Beacon but other priorities take over. I did make it in '96 so at least I have been there for an ABB show.

Anyway, it was last year that Clapton joined the bro's in honor of their 40th anniversary. Also playing were Levon Helm, Bob Weir, Phil Lesh, Trey Anasastio and Page (from Phish), Susan Tedeschi, David Hidalgo, Billy Gibbons, Jimmy Herring, Sheryl Crow, Buddy Guy, and Johnny Winter. Unfortunately Kid Rock also joined in.

I agree that the Warren/Derek combo is the best duo they've had since Duane died. Oteil is also probably the best bass player they've ever had.

Unfortunately, Bruce Willis joined them also confused13.gif

QUOTE (metaldad @ Mar 10 2010, 08:59 PM)
QUOTE (apetersvt @ Mar 10 2010, 07:46 PM)

Unfortunately, Bruce Willis joined them also confused13.gif

I had the moogis subscription and saw most of the shows. I guess I'm glad I missed Bruce Willis night.

Archived