Caption a Random Image III

Ghost of a Rider

QUOTE (Selma Shields @ Oct 4 2010, 02:53 PM)
QUOTE (1-0-0-1-0-0-1 @ Oct 4 2010, 12:44 PM)
The last guy who tried doing long, over-thought, overly-detailed captions almost never won because his longass captions weren't funny. Hopefully, you can learn from his mistakes. wink.gif

Thanks, 1-0-0-1. I was reading along, and, to me at least, it didn't seem the case was that the guy's larger contribs weren't funny, but that they weren't 'understood' by the same exact small group of members who couldn't grasp his philosophy either...Seemed to always be the same people. I really don't think it was a reflection on the humor itself at all, but rather the reader. Since it also seems that really no one here thinks that the other person is funny when prompted and put on the spot. It costs too much internally to part with that sorta praise to another individual, be it an outsider or peer.

No, actually they just weren't funny. They sucked.

QUOTE (Selma Shields @ Oct 4 2010, 11:53 AM)
The last guy who tried doing long, over-thought, overly-detailed captions almost never won because his longass captions weren't funny. Hopefully, you can learn from his mistakes. wink.gif

Thanks, 1-0-0-1. I was reading along, and, to me at least, it didn't seem the case was that the guy's larger contribs weren't funny, but that they weren't 'understood' by the same exact small group of members who couldn't grasp his philosophy either...Seemed to always be the same people. I really don't think it was a reflection on the humor itself at all, but rather the reader. Since it also seems that really no one here thinks that the other person is funny when prompted and put on the spot. It costs too much internally to part with that sorta praise to another individual, be it an outsider or peer.

The incomplexsive quadradical lobes of my dual hemispheric brain cannot comprehendicate the manifestation of your intellectual diatribe.

QUOTE (RushRevisited @ Oct 4 2010, 12:22 PM)
QUOTE (Selma Shields @ Oct 4 2010, 02:53 PM)

No, actually they just weren't funny. They sucked.

Occam's razor at work. tongue.gif

http://i51.tinypic.com/2myu3a9.jpg

Here I am all excited at the beginning. They bring you into the building blindfolded, and you try and figure out how to get back outside. The building is FILLED with doors and stairways leading nowhere, with hidden passages, deceptive corridors and secret hatches. It took me 34 minutes to get out. The record is 9.

QUOTE (Janie @ Oct 4 2010, 02:55 PM)
QUOTE (Selma Shields @ Oct 4 2010, 11:53 AM)

The incomplexsive quadradical lobes of my dual hemispheric brain cannot comprehendicate the manifestation of your intellectual diatribe.

Dammit, Janie, that's what I was going to say! wink.gif

Hi, I'm Selma Sheilds, aka moltenlava, naturalsciences101 and thelocator. Please vote for one of my captions and confirm what I already know, that I'm objectively the funniest, most intelligent and most clever person on the face of the earth! Let's jag off each other's egos behind the mail trucks, like we used to do back in seminary. See ya later, phuckjoints... PARTY TIME!

Edited by rushgoober

QUOTE (rushgoober @ Oct 4 2010, 02:08 PM)

Hi, I'm Selma Sheilds, aka moltenlava, naturalsciences101 and thelocator. Please vote for one of my captions and confirm what I already know, that I'm objectively the funniest, most intelligent and most clever person on the face of the earth! Let's jag off each other's egos behind the mail trucks, like we used to do back in seminary. See ya later, phuckjoints... PARTY TIME!

laugh.gif

*snicker*

If your out there Geds, I just came to the realization that its not my signature that your having a problem loading, its this f***ing thread!

Click on another one sometime and you'll see. atickhum.gif

• Like 1

Why is this jackass being allowed to hijack this legendary thread? for this long.
  • Like 1

http://www.bilerico.com/2009/08/baby-crying.jpg

"You felt the same way about the philosophy...You remember, the piece that you couldn't reply to...only slam. Snowdogged too...He was the udder dumbby. You wanted to try and refute it...I know you did. I could tell by how you just intervened out of nowhere and overly laid seige to the tower...You just didn't have the big boy hardware to accomplish the task...That's how we weed out who gets to wear the big boy pants in the world...by who can talk intelligently on an array of subjects...not just about the upcoming or past Rush albums....It's YOU, in fact, that SUCKS, my friend.

As for the game itself, I really would have liked to play along nice-like and watch a 'fair' distribution of wins be doled out to the populous, as deserved...I'd also rather take a real shot at creativity and originality and risk falling on my face now and then...I'd rather do this any day over just finding out what the 'likes' and 'dislikes' of the current Judge are, and then constructing my caption as an ego-stroke in order to 'con' a win out of that person...

I'd rather post names and numbers out of the phone book than just PANDERING to someone's ego like that. Never gonna happen with someone like me. Yet, one guy tells me that's the way you consistently win rounds here, not through genuine attempts at creativity...while another guy tells me, in effect, that I must 'guess' what he's thinking when he posts a photo up there...in essence, informing me that if I can't figure out what it is that he'd like to see as a 'Caption' reply on that given rond, that I have absolutely no chance of seeing a 'win' from him...Only the Caption in his head is the winnner...And, this was a guy who told me that he'd like to be friends...HA.

As per the other day. Do you realize how petty it is to focus on misspellings over the actual substance of what's being said there in that last cogent, yet, I'll admit - a bit too chiding labaste on the principles and ideals being cherished here by the majority of ego-challenged males? Have you ever heard of the term 'Style Over Substance'? That's precisely what the oustide observer sees when he looks at the person who resorts to this type of petty attack...On spelling? Really, guys? Spelling?

Ya can't go after the person himself, can't attack his arguments, so let's go for something petty, like the color of his socks, or his looks...Funny thing about that computer 'tough guy' image that you posted is that I've met people from this site, and some of the other 'related' Prog fan sites at the various area shows...and half of you guys and your wives actually DO look like that guy...I mean, it is a RUSH fan site...So, be careful who you're offending with that kinda image...If we're to trust Selma Shields' take on this current nosy photo, it might be Bob's wife."

Edited by tick