Overall Favorite Rush Album

RushRevisited

What is your favorite Rush studio album?  

1146 members have voted

1. 1. What is your favorite Rush studio album?

• Rush (Original Album)
    • Fly By Night
    • Caress of Steel
    • A Farewell to Kings
    • Hemispheres
    • Permanent Waves
    • Moving Pictures
    • Signals
    • Grace Under Pressure
    • Power Windows
    • Hold Your Fire
    • Presto
    • Roll the Bones
    • Counterparts
    • Test For Echo
    • Vapor Trails
    • Feedback

QUOTE (pete, the old guy @ Jan 10 2005, 09:20 PM)
I just found this forum and had to register so I could vote here.

I discovered Rush when the first album came out in '74. I had one of the first copies of that record on the original Moon Records label. That was way back when vinyl records were all there was. My ex-wife has since sold it in a garage sale. (One of many reasons she's an ex wife!)
Anyways, they became my favorite band and I saw them live at least 10 times before I was 21. I was just learning guitar back then and I would spend weeks in my room learning every song on each album as they were released. I even had to get an ES-335 even though I'm short and looked kinda stupid with such a big guitar. (I was happy when Alex started playing Strats)

My favorite is really hard to pick since each album holds special memories for me but I have to go with " A Farewell to Kings". The band really seemed to mature and put it all together on that one.

It amazes me that they still sound as good 30 years later as they did when I first heard them. And I thank God that John Rutsey quit the band, they may have never made it past a second album with him. (No offense intended John, but that's just how it is.)

Welcome to the baord, Pete (old guy laugh.gif ) Be sure to take the age poll in Random Samples area tongue.gif You may be surprised how many people here are in your age bracket smile.gif

I see your last tour was Signals - We are going to have to update that for ya next tour yes.gif trink39.gif

QUOTE (RushRevisited @ Jan 10 2005, 09:27 PM)

Welcome to the baord, Pete (old guy  laugh.gif  ) Be sure to take the age poll in Random Samples area  tongue.gif  You may be surprised how many people here are in your age bracket smile.gif

I see your last tour was Signals - We are going to have to update that for ya next tour  yes.gif    trink39.gif

Well, real life got in the way of concert going. Concerts were a lot cheaper back then too. I think the first tour I saw was Carress of Steel and IIRC tickets were $5.50 in advance, $6.50 day of show. Never see that again.

QUOTE (pete, the old guy @ Jan 10 2005, 09:20 PM)
I just found this forum and had to register so I could vote here.

I discovered Rush when the first album came out in '74. I had one of the first copies of that record on the original Moon Records label. That was way back when vinyl records were all there was. My ex-wife has since sold it in a garage sale. (One of many reasons she's an ex wife!)
Anyways, they became my favorite band and I saw them live at least 10 times before I was 21. I was just learning guitar back then and I would spend weeks in my room learning every song on each album as they were released. I even had to get an ES-335 even though I'm short and looked kinda stupid with such a big guitar. (I was happy when Alex started playing Strats)

My favorite is really hard to pick since each album holds special memories for me but I have to go with " A Farewell to Kings". The band really seemed to mature and put it all together on that one. Thtitle track is still one of my favorites and then you have Xanadu and Cygnus X-1. Are you kidding me? Awesome album.

It amazes me that they still sound as good 30 years later as they did when I first heard them. And I thank God that John Rutsey quit the band, they may have never made it past a second album with him. (No offense intended John, but that's just how it is.)

You may think your old?...you are laugh.gif

But so am I sad.gif

WELCOME FELLOW OLDER 2.gif FAN..

XANADU

FLY BY NITE

BASTILE DAY

WHAT YA DOINg

THE TREES

Must give it life..

GeddyFinal.gif AlexFinal.gif NeilFinal.gif

Currently I have to say Grace Under Pressure is my Favorite...

mostly due to personal issues -I've chosen the title as my personal mantra

and when things get tough I remember to maintain my cool and exude the most

Grace Under Pressure imaginable....

2.gif

I have voted for Hemispheres. It was the first Rush album that I owned, in April 2004.

The first time I was exposed to Rush was when I watched Live In Rio round my best friends house down in GA. It was YYZ which first had me interested, and then maybe The Camera Eye from Moving Pictures.

I'm surprised VT has so few votes.

Sure, Moving Pictures was the album that turned my into a Rush fan, and there are a few other albums that rank right up at the top for me. But I keep coming back to VT. After 2.5 years, I still don't get tired of it!

QUOTE (soul reaver @ Jan 20 2005, 12:05 PM)
2.gif is the greatest band on the planet. I think rush shud do a special signing all around the world and especially where they went on their 30th anniversary tour that wud be good

Howdy Soul Reaver! Welcome to THE forum! trink39.gif bekloppt.gif

Favorite Rush Album...

That's a tough call.

I'm always drawn to Caress of Steel because of the ambiance of the sound and the deep, dark lyrics. It's not just music - it's an adventure, and I love getting lost in it.

I think Counterparts is one of their most under-rated albums, period. I just love the hard-rock groove of that disc.

Vapor Trails is superb, though sonically (as we all know) it's sub-par. How I hope and wish they put out a remaster of VT soon.

Moving Pictures - well, what can you say? Still incredible nearly a quarter of a century later.

I guess they're all my favorites... but depending on my mood, I'll 'enjoy' one better than the next...

How that for a round-about answer?

2.gif

I think I voted for Hemispheres on this back in October. I also love Grace Under Pressure, and have a recently-found fondness for Vapour Trails.

My absolute favorite is Power Windows and Marathon is my all time favorite song. I was introduced to Rush through Moving Pictures and that's an awesome album too but PW pulled my heartstrings a little more. new_thumbsupsmileyanim.gif

I feel like Meryl Streep in Sophie' s Choice, I can't murder my darlings, I can't choose, don't make me !!!!!!!

Disco