Overall Favorite Rush Album

RushRevisited

What is your favorite Rush studio album?  

1146 members have voted

1. 1. What is your favorite Rush studio album?

• Rush (Original Album)
    • Fly By Night
    • Caress of Steel
    • A Farewell to Kings
    • Hemispheres
    • Permanent Waves
    • Moving Pictures
    • Signals
    • Grace Under Pressure
    • Power Windows
    • Hold Your Fire
    • Presto
    • Roll the Bones
    • Counterparts
    • Test For Echo
    • Vapor Trails
    • Feedback

To this day, I still want to know who are the three users who voted for Feedback, and why. Everything else I believe I can understand... but not that, lol.
  • Like 1

To this day, I still want to know who are the three users who voted for Feedback, and why. Everything else I believe I can understand... but not that, lol.

One day you'll track them down, and eventually it'll be made into a movie, a modern day western.

• Like 1

Grace Under Pressure because it is the most cohesive sounding and put together, in my opinion.

There's too many quirky pop songs with odd choruses, such as One-Zero-Zero-One-Zero-Zero One SOS. And the production is kind of weak. This stuff gets blown away and obliterated by the real top RUSH albums.

• Like 1

I just voted for Signals.  It's impossible to choose for me anyway...but Signals still sounds fresh and relevant and new and exciting to me.  It has some of my favourite drumming, a drum sound that rivals Moving Pictures, great bass tone, and I think it is FAR and AWAY Geddy's best vocal performance across all songs.

On 3/9/2022 at 1:28 PM, treeduck said:

There's too many quirky pop songs with odd choruses, such as One-Zero-Zero-One-Zero-Zero One SOS. And the production is kind of weak. This stuff gets blown away and obliterated by the real top RUSH albums.

Quirky and odd are words I'd use to describe much of the Kings album.  Funny.

Hang on a minute. 73, I think when you added CA and Snakes to the poll, you accidentally misaligned the scores with the albums somehow. For reference, there's a post I made before you added the missing albums about how Feedback has exactly 3 votes, but now it shows that Feedback has none, and Vapor Trails instead has exactly three votes. Plus, if you look at the scores, it seems really really odd that Caress Of Steel is nearly tied with 2112 and Moving Pictures around 4th/5th/6th place, while the top three are AFTK, Hems, and Pew, but AFTK is beating Hems by a lot.  I think the scores need to all come down one row while the album titles remain in place. I don't recall what the debut's score was, but maybe you can find that somewhere?

• Like 1

On 9/25/2022 at 12:01 PM, 1-0-0-1-0-0-1 said:

Snakes & Arrows and Clockwork Angels have been added to the poll. Better late than never!

quoting to notify you

10 hours ago, Entre_Perpetuo said:

Hang on a minute. 73, I think when you added CA and Snakes to the poll, you accidentally misaligned the scores with the albums somehow. For reference, there's a post I made before you added the missing albums about how Feedback has exactly 3 votes, but now it shows that Feedback has none, and Vapor Trails instead has exactly three votes. Plus, if you look at the scores, it seems really really odd that Caress Of Steel is nearly tied with 2112 and Moving Pictures around 4th/5th/6th place, while the top three are AFTK, Hems, and Pew, but AFTK is beating Hems by a lot.  I think the scores need to all come down one row while the album titles remain in place. I don't recall what the debut's score was, but maybe you can find that somewhere?

I just removed S&A and CA (they didn't have any votes) and the scores didn't change back to where they were. It certainly does look like the score for the debut album was removed and the rest below it were shifted up one spot. I don't see a way to fix this, and that sucks.

It doesn't make sense that adding two choices would shift the vote tallies by ONE spot.

On 9/25/2022 at 6:01 PM, 1-0-0-1-0-0-1 said:

Snakes & Arrows and Clockwork Angels have been added to the poll. Better late than never!

I still don't see them...

Is it possibile to make a new poll (this is 2004)?

My favourite albums change every some months...

Edited by Alexmai
Suggestion

On 4/26/2023 at 8:31 AM, Alexmai said:
On 9/25/2022 at 12:01 PM, 1-0-0-1-0-0-1 said:

I still don't see them...

Is it possibile to make a new poll (this is 2004)?

My favourite albums change every some months...

I think a new poll would be a good idea.

• Like 1

On 3/9/2022 at 4:28 PM, treeduck said:

Afterimage alone puts GUP in top three for me IMO. Just my two cents :atickhum:

• Like 3

On 5/2/2023 at 11:41 AM, Alexmai said:

Who can do it?

I'll do it, although it'll let me make a new poll in the Feedback forum but not the Totem Polls subforum for some reason. If there's a way around that I'd like to post it under Totem Polls.

9 hours ago, Charlotte7598 said:

I'll do it, although it'll let me make a new poll in the Feedback forum but not the Totem Polls subforum for some reason. If there's a way around that I'd like to post it under Totem Polls.

I think it would be moveable in a second moment...