Overall Favorite Rush Album

RushRevisited

What is your favorite Rush studio album?  

1146 members have voted

1. 1. What is your favorite Rush studio album?

• Rush (Original Album)
    • Fly By Night
    • Caress of Steel
    • A Farewell to Kings
    • Hemispheres
    • Permanent Waves
    • Moving Pictures
    • Signals
    • Grace Under Pressure
    • Power Windows
    • Hold Your Fire
    • Presto
    • Roll the Bones
    • Counterparts
    • Test For Echo
    • Vapor Trails
    • Feedback

2112 is the album that made rush what they are today - if it had bombed they would have been dropped by their label and might even have split! i enjoy all of their albums (although hold your fire and power windows are hard work at times). 70s 2112 / kings. 80s moving pictures. 90s counterparts / roll the bones. vapour trails is their best album since grace under pressure! 2.gif

QUOTE (rushingliston1978 @ Oct 14 2004, 10:44 AM)
2112 is the album that made rush what they are today - if it had bombed they would have been dropped by their label and might even have split! i enjoy all of their albums (although hold your fire and power windows are hard work at times). 70s 2112 / kings. 80s moving pictures. 90s counterparts / roll the bones. vapour trails is their best album since grace under pressure! 2.gif

Welcome tot he board!! trink38.gif

Hi there great to find this site with lots of like minded people biggrin.gif I don't find so many over here in Blighty! As for my favourite album, well it was close between Caress of steal, Hemispheres or Power Windows. In the end i have to plump for Power Windows as it is such a complete album. And then there's Moving Pictures and Permmanent Waves confused13.gif It's just so hard. Great site, cheers trink38.gif

QUOTE (azzah @ Oct 14 2004, 11:49 AM)
Hi there great to find this site with lots of like minded people biggrin.gif I don't find so many over here in Blighty! As for my favourite album, well it was close between Caress of steal, Hemispheres or Power Windows. In the end i have to plump for Power Windows as it is such a complete album. And then there's Moving Pictures and Permmanent Waves confused13.gif It's just so hard. Great site, cheers trink38.gif

Welcome azzah! trink38.gif

QUOTE (azzah @ Oct 14 2004, 11:49 AM)

Welcome aboard azzah! This is a great place, enjoy yourself trink39.gif trink38.gif

QUOTE (azzah @ Oct 14 2004, 04:49 PM)

Hey Azzah,

Good to know there's a few more on this side of the Atlantic - I'm just a skip over the Irish Sea on the Emerald Isle. Welcome aboard.... trink39.gif

Grace Under Pressure, with Signals a close second and Presto third.

Roll the Bones for me. That was the first Rush song I heard on the radio and then I recieved the cd for Christmas back in 1994! I backtracked and have every cd now.......I'm going to start up a remaster set now though!! Edited by slammz

First post, seems like a really great forum, considering the official Rush site doesn't seem to have one.

As far as my favorite album goes, that is quite a tough choice to make, considering I do not own most of their post Moving Pictures material. Of the albums I do own, however, A Farewell to Kings is probably my favorite, with 2112 and Permanent Waves each being a close second. If fluctuates, really, as I'm sure it does with a great deal of Rush fans.

QUOTE (ZootAllures @ Oct 16 2004, 02:28 PM)
First post, seems like a really great forum, considering the official Rush site doesn't seem to have one.

As far as my favorite album goes, that is quite a tough choice to make, considering I do not own most of their post Moving Pictures material. Of the albums I do own, however, A Farewell to Kings is probably my favorite, with 2112 and Permanent Waves each being a close second. If fluctuates, really, as I'm sure it does with a great deal of Rush fans.

Welcome to the board! trink38.gif

QUOTE (D54 @ Oct 19 2004, 03:24 PM)
trink36.gif 2.gif firedevil.gif trink38.gif wink.gif It was the first Rush album I heard back in 1979, and I've been hooked since................

Nice to meet ya D54. trink39.gif Which album are you referring to. It doesn't show which one you voted for. biggrin.gif

QUOTE (Snowdog @ Sep 12 2004, 04:35 PM)
Hemispheres, but thats right now. Ask me again in a month.

Interesting to note: as of this time there are no votes for a post-MP album.

Vapor Trails is right up there with the Rest of them to me! trink36.gif

QUOTE (TexasRushfan @ Oct 19 2004, 08:34 PM)
QUOTE (Snowdog @ Sep 12 2004, 04:35 PM)
Hemispheres, but thats right now. Ask me again in a month.

Interesting to note: as of this time there are no votes for a post-MP album.

Vapor Trails is right up there with the Rest of them to me! trink36.gif

Agreed. There seems to be different 'eras' of the band's sound. After 30 years... of course. For me... I became addicted to them in 1991 with Roll The Bones. Sure, I liked some of their stuff prior to that, but here is where I just went crazy for them. So, I had almost 20 years of material at my fingertips. For me there are no eras -- it's all Rush. Counterparts can play right along side of Fly By Night - it's Rush. Between The Wheels can play just before I throw on Circumstances. Awesome!!

2.gif AlexFinal.gif NeilFinal.gif GeddyFinal.gif 2.gif

2.gif Hemispheres... or Farewell to Kings... or ... 2.gif

I love all of them!

The Rio concert dvd was off-the-hook. The guys were bang on. The energy created between the fans and the guys was palpable. Unfreakingbelievable!

Neil's solo was a feast for the ears and eyes. Geddy & Alex's accoustic version of Resist literally brought tears to my eyes.

It was beautiful! A real masterpiece.

Edited by Delilah