Overall Favorite Rush Album

RushRevisited

What is your favorite Rush studio album?  

1146 members have voted

1. 1. What is your favorite Rush studio album?

• Rush (Original Album)
    • Fly By Night
    • Caress of Steel
    • A Farewell to Kings
    • Hemispheres
    • Permanent Waves
    • Moving Pictures
    • Signals
    • Grace Under Pressure
    • Power Windows
    • Hold Your Fire
    • Presto
    • Roll the Bones
    • Counterparts
    • Test For Echo
    • Vapor Trails
    • Feedback

Hiya everyone.

I voted for Power Windows. A tough choice between it, Presto, Hemispheres, and Signals, but in the end memories won it over. It reminds me of my first post high school girlfriend, and 14 years on, they are still pleasant memories. (Although, it was a terrible time...remember being 17? urgh!)

QUOTE (orczy @ Oct 2 2004, 04:17 AM)
Hiya everyone.
I voted for Power Windows. A tough choice between it, Presto, Hemispheres, and Signals, but in the end memories won it over. It reminds me of my first post high school girlfriend, and 14 years on, they are still pleasant memories. (Although, it was a terrible time...remember being 17? urgh!)

Heh heh I know what you mean - bitter sweet memories at that age.

Welcome to the board!!! trink38.gif

I'd have to pick "Moving Pictures" because I think it is the most complete, all around album RUSH ever did. My only pet peeve with this album/era, is that a lot of people jumped on the bandwagon. RUSH were the "flavour of the month" album, and tour wise.

I like a lot of the older stuff as well, (FBN, COS, 2112, FTK, PW). I also love the first live album, "All the World's A Stage", (the energy, and raw power on that disc is incredible).

I also love RTB, and I think "Presto" is pretty under-rated. Damn, this is a tough question for an older fan !!!!!!!!!!!!! wacko.gif

QUOTE (RushRevisited @ Oct 2 2004, 11:38 AM)
QUOTE (orczy @ Oct 2 2004, 04:17 AM)
Hiya everyone.

Heh heh I know what you mean - bitter sweet memories at that age.

Welcome to the board!!! trink38.gif

its atough choice between power windows and moving pictures

I voted for Fly By Night. It was a hard choice between this, 2112 and Moving Pictures. The tie breaker ended up being the amazing cover art.

BTW, I'm new here. Hello all!!

NeilFinal.gif

QUOTE (Megadon @ Oct 10 2004, 11:25 AM)
I voted for Fly By Night. It was a hard choice between this, 2112 and Moving Pictures. The tie breaker ended up being the amazing cover art.

BTW, I'm new here. Hello all!!

NeilFinal.gif

Welcome aboard! trink38.gif

had to go with hemispheres as well great album with great song PEART really out did himself on the lyric's on that album close second would be a farewell to kings also a great album 2.gif

hey RR how you doing trink39.gif

QUOTE (yoda @ Oct 11 2004, 03:27 PM)
had to go with hemispheres as well great album with great song PEART really out did himself on the lyric's on that album close second would be a farewell to kings also a great album 2.gif

hey RR how you doing trink39.gif

trink39.gif

I had to Vote for Signals with counterparts and moving pictures also Test for Echo

all a close second. In my CD player now is counterparts. My late teen years Signals Kept me Sane "I think" no.gif Countdown is a song that will pump me up like The Sprit of Radio.

Guest NoDeity

This is my first post here.

I couldn't decide between 2112, Permanent Waves and Moving Pictures so I went with Vapor Trails. wink.gif After the Rush albums of the '80s and '90s, I found the heavy sound created by so much guitar and no keyboards very refreshing. There are plenty of Rush songs that I really like from the '80s and '90s -- especially Roll the Bones and Bravado -- but, musically, I like VT more.

QUOTE (NoDeity @ Oct 12 2004, 03:18 AM)

I couldn't decide between 2112, Permanent Waves and Moving Pictures so I went with Vapor Trails. wink.gif After the Rush albums of the '80s and '90s, I found the heavy sound created by so much guitar and no keyboards very refreshing. There are plenty of Rush songs that I really like from the '80s and '90s -- especially Roll the Bones and Bravado -- but, musically, I like VT more.

Welcome to the board! trink38.gif

I myself voted 2112 - It kicks my ass every time I put it in. However, in my player right now is a gem that I wanna see who else has... "Echoes on the Stage" (the soundboard rehearsal sessions). Anyone else here have this? What do you think of this?

QUOTE (evvy @ Oct 12 2004, 01:31 PM)
I myself voted 2112 - It kicks my ass every time I put it in. However, in my player right now is a gem that I wanna see who else has... "Echoes on the Stage" (the soundboard rehearsal sessions). Anyone else here have this? What do you think of this?

yes.gif Excellent boot trink38.gif

QUOTE (NoDeity @ Oct 11 2004, 11:18 PM)

Great choice. In addition to Vapor Trails sounding so heavy that it puts many if not all of the hard rock acts out today to shame, it also has a level of emotion and passion in it that they havent expressed in a long while. It really sounds like Neil is digging into himself to try to pull out ideas not even for the music, but simply to help heal himself from his ordeal. That takes so much energy and focus to be able to turn yourself around and be able to turn your feelings extrovertivly into music. I have an incredible amount of respect for that record simply that it was made.

And welcome to the board bekloppt.gif

Oh, I also have Echoes on the Stages as well, there are some very good moments in it that you hear Geddy stop singing the lyrics and focus solely on the music. It is very interesting to hear the music like this as it gives a new perspective for the listener. I very much enjoyed the R30 overture on this tour for that reason as well. Especially during Finding My Way and A Passage To Bangkok, the music was able to speak for itself.

I find it impossible to answer this question. As with so many others out there, different albums wind up captivating my attention at different times. It becomes an endless cycle throughout all of their albums. As of this past couple of weeks, I can't get T4E out of my CD player - Time and Motion has got me and won't let go. Who knows which one is next? Edited by paganoman