The Official 2010 "I Hate VD" Thread

Mara

• Replies 173
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE (Kenneth @ Feb 14 2011, 11:42 PM)
QUOTE (Hatchetaxe&saw @ Feb 14 2011, 02:59 PM)
We had a lovely day. Went for lunch, minus kids(yippee!!), later on had a lovely dinner, with a faaaabulous bottle of bordeaux, and we've just shared a bottle of champagne and watched The Wedding Singer.

http://www.gamesforyou.ic.cz/hry/images/vanoce2.jpg

biggrin.gif rofl3.gif

QUOTE (1 of the 7 @ Feb 14 2011, 11:09 PM)
I'm nodding along with your realization!

When I was in college (all right, quit it with the four score and blah blah years ago stuff), we had a great tradition. Those who were in couples and happy about the day would wear their red or pink or regular clothes. Those single dressed completely in black (if they didn't already, hehe). The black served a two-fold purpose of thumbing one's nose at the day, yet also indicating that you were available to those who might not already know.

Consider that black is a flattering "color", and one can see how some hook-ups began among those wearing it on the day!

I think I spent two years each in black and in a festive color.

It's funny you should say this; Valentine's Day this year just happened to coincide with the first day of our winter spirit week, which was Stoplight Day. Red if you're taken, yellow if you're undecided, green if you're single.

So I wore green. Saw a few other attractive girls doing the same. But mostly, people wore colors other than those three. doh.gif

Oh, and I still have great contempt for Valentine's Day. The only reason I endure it is because my parents usually buy me something as a consolation. This year, it was Elton John tickets for the family. 1022.gif

QUOTE (1 of the 7 @ Feb 15 2011, 09:35 PM)
QUOTE (shaun3701 @ Feb 15 2011, 09:29 PM)
V-Day is over... the shaun3701 didn't see a vagina, so 6 more weeks of winter...

rofl3.gif laugh.gif OMG you are too funny! z7shysterical.gif joker.gif

rofl3.gif LMAO this made my day.

QUOTE (usb_connector @ Feb 16 2011, 11:39 AM)
V-Day is over... the shaun3701 didn't see a vagina, so 6 more weeks of winter...

Never thought I'd hear someone's day being made by someone else not seeing a vagina

QUOTE (Mara @ Feb 7 2010, 09:36 PM)
It's a week away.  I've always hated it and can completely understand why men dread it.  God forbid a guy fall short in his selection of gifts and/or cards,  and for so many women it's a one-up thing.  And boy, way to make single people feel like complete losers. 
Cupid can cram his arrows up his fudge tunnel.  The only - the only - positive thing about VD is the half-price chocolate and heart-shaped baked goods on 2/15.

notworthy.gif

QUOTE (JohnnyBlaze @ Feb 16 2011, 07:17 AM)
QUOTE (usb_connector @ Feb 16 2011, 11:39 AM)

Never thought I'd hear someone's day being made by someone else not seeing a vagina

here's hoping for next year...

Just treat February 14 like any other day. Go to work or school. Go to the gym or take a hobby class. No need to stay at home feeling sorry for yourself. That's just lame.

Pretend it's just another day, or forget about it altogether.

In other words, be a man.

2012... Even when you're taken, V day is a pain. It's just another day, but of course, you're pressured to do more than you usually would do with your mate.

Fun Fact: Divorces increase on Valentine's Day... I guess it's a huge reminder to the couple that there's no spark left wink.gif

QUOTE (Perchance to Dream @ Feb 15 2012, 07:54 PM)
Santa promised me a Time Machine blu-ray but didn't come through. Cupid promised me a Time Machine blu-ray but didn't come through. Instead, I got a book authored by Mike fukkin' Huckabee. facepalm.gif
wtf.gif

I'm filing for divorce!

laugh.gif

This is why I gave the GUP tour video to myself for Christmas...'cause I knew it was the only way I'd get anything Rush. Actually, I did get a FBN tee from my boyfriend's niece...can't say the same for my own family! Ah well...