Some new Prog!

Hatchetaxe&saw

Some new ones...

The Tangent - The Slow Rust of Forgotten Machinery

Peter Hammill - From The Trees

Koyo - Koyo

Von Hertzen Brothers - War Is Over

4 absolute crackers, 2017 another fab year for new music.

If any of you want to dig a bit deeper into different types of prog, there's a bonkers 3cd comp just out called One Way Glass, Dancefloor Prog, Brit Jazz & Funky Folk 1968/75. Some crazy stuff on there.

• Like 1

Wobbler - From Silence to Somewhere

Wonderful ScandiProg from Norway's finest, with zephyrs of Yes, Crimson, Gryphon & Amazing Blondel flying around the place.

Tusmorke( a couple of Wobbler members in this collective) - Bydyra

Their second release of 17, and they've upped the weirdness. It's a musical written for and performed with children. It's proggy as hell and then there's the kids choir. Quite nuts.

• Like 2

Wobbler - From Silence to Somewhere

Wonderful ScandiProg from Norway's finest, with zephyrs of Yes, Crimson, Gryphon & Amazing Blondel flying around the place.

Tusmorke( a couple of Wobbler members in this collective) - Bydyra

Their second release of 17, and they've upped the weirdness. It's a musical written for and performed with children. It's proggy as hell and then there's the kids choir. Quite nuts.

Liked by Cosy Toes.

This pleases me.

Edited by Hatchetaxe&saw
  • Like 1

2 new ones that are blowing my socks off.

Lunatic Soul - Fractured

This is a side project by Riverside's Mariusz Duda. Musically gorgeous & lush, lyrically heavy.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SyX2JZ0fFn0

Daniel Cavanagh - Monochrome

Heart-wrenching debut from Anathema songwriter. Beautiful album.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pKGoYUZ_B1c

Thanks for that. I just really into Riverside and will check this out.

With the guitarist dead and no plans to replace him in the studio, I wonder if Lunatic Soul will end. It seems that the rise of Lunatic Soul coincided with the introduction of more nuanced and softer sounds in Riverside, but the difference is still striking.

Hatchetaxe&saw said this already but I will say it also

Wobbler - From Silence to Somewhere is probably the best prog album to come out of 2017, absolutely amazing work

Agreed, fantastic album.

PYRAMID THEOREM, the band I currently drum for. This is our latest record that we released back in July of 2017. Give it a listen if you're fans of Rush (d'uh), Dream Theater, Van Halen, Ozzy Osbourne, Rush, Pantera, Foo Fighters, Rush, Triumph, Rush, etc.

a1888940465_5.jpg

Edited by yyzyy

I don't know. I just picked up a few Big Big Train cds at a prog festival I was at over the past weekend in Pennsylvania and while there was some good and even great material on them I was sort of disappointed. Maybe the fact that they were so hyped up had something to do with it. Not a bad band just over rated imo. Then again maybe they'll grow on me as I explore more of their catalog.

I don't know. I just picked up a few Big Big Train cds at a prog festival I was at over the past weekend in Pennsylvania and while there was some good and even great material on them I was sort of disappointed. Maybe the fact that they were so hyped up had something to do with it. Not a bad band just over rated imo. Then again maybe they'll grow on me as I explore more of their catalog.

I've never been a fan myself. I clearly don't get it.

Me too. So far anyway. That being said, it took over a year to get into Porcupine Tree.

Me too. So far anyway. That being said, it took over a year to get into Porcupine Tree.

Like the No Man stuff, the early Floyd sounding stuff and Fear Of A Blank Planet. That's about as far as I got. Likely more of a fan of his production work if only because it presents another option.

Lies And Butterflies, the new album from Mystery is absolutely fabulous. Great sound, lots of atmosphere, a fine sense for melodies (the guitar work is fukkin' incredible) and much more can be found on this album. Best prog release 2018!!!

FCgpsDv.jpg

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kkk9fb8T0rU

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xb3IhMhopwk

j9xfL6H.gif

• Like 1

Interesting, but NO LEAD GUITAR? Kinda like ELP in the now age... King Crimson and ELP as influence obvioulsy...not bad music, need a Prog test though...

4vrIx4o.jpg

Brass Camel - Long Way to Go

"I wish I was a wise man,

I could be like Richard Feynman,

and if you asked me about nothing,

might tell you that it's really something"

[media][/media]

Edited by Scatterbrain