Megadeth- Rust in Peace tour

tangy

Mustaine just needs to be consistent in what he does as far as dealings with other band members goes. I think by now he has proven that he and he alone is Megadeth and the other three guys are just pulling paychecks.

His strongest lineup was Marty, Junior and Nick. They could play any style of metal from ballads to hyper-speed thrash and would be on the money every time. I just never quite understood his overwhelming desire to do a wholesale swap out of band members. I used to chalk it up to his drug use, but he's reportedly been sober for awhile.

I love Dave, he and Hetfield are two of the best metal rhythm guitarists of all time. I just wish he knew when he had a good thing and wouldn't get rid of it. I'm still mildly upset about the whole Marty thing, and its been years.

QUOTE (Rendclaw @ Feb 10 2010, 10:36 AM)
Mustaine just needs to be consistent in what he does as far as dealings with other band members goes. I think by now he has proven that he and he alone is Megadeth and the other three guys are just pulling paychecks.

His strongest lineup was Marty, Junior and Nick. They could play any style of metal from ballads to hyper-speed thrash and would be on the money every time. I just never quite understood his overwhelming desire to do a wholesale swap out of band members. I used to chalk it up to his drug use, but he's reportedly been sober for awhile.

I love Dave, he and Hetfield are two of the best metal rhythm guitarists of all time. I just wish he knew when he had a good thing and wouldn't get rid of it. I'm still mildly upset about the whole Marty thing, and its been years.

goodpost.gif yeah, I wish Marty was part of the band too. I own one solo disc by Marty which is quite good. I guess Mustaine and Chris Poland buried the hatchet briefly for TSHF and then starting feuding again shortly thereafter.

Yeah I had heard that, and if Marty is #1, then Chris Poland is #1a as far as lead guitar players Dave has had. Ah well, Marty is happy over in Japan, where he's treated like a god.

SETLIST SPOILERS FOLLOW BELOW

f***ing a!!! the just released the setlist for the forth coming tour and lets just say 1022.gif

i am pumped!

February 14, 2010 - SETLIST REVEALED FOR 'RUST IN PEACE 20TH ANNIVERSARY TOUR'

Droogies!

Happy Valentine's Day! I thought that Happy VD was a bit funny, but I really wanted to stop and take the time to thank you all for your support and especially thank all of the ticket holders for the RIP tour cities that have already sold-out.

Rehearsals are all done and we are ready for pre-production next week, and then we will be heading out to start the tour. Please send your prayers, best wishes, and positive thoughts our way, and if we are playing in your city or town I sure hope to see you. A big thank you goes out to all of the cities that are sold-out already!

Just so you know, we are playing 10 songs from over our 25+ year careers, as well as all 9 songs off of RIP.

We are playing:

Set The World Afire

Wake Up Dead

In My Darkest Hour

Sweating Bullets

Skin O' My Teeth

Head Crusher

A Tout Le Monde

Symphony Of Destruction

Trust

Peace Sells, But Who's Buying?

(and all of RIP)

holy shit, my neck is already sore! wake up dead and IMDH!

QUOTE (Cygnalschick @ Feb 16 2010, 03:42 AM)
I have meet and greet tickets to this show! smile.gif

nice! its general admission for me but the venue is so small it does not matter. not a bad seat in the house. I still can't get over the setlist, its going to be killer.

QUOTE (tangy @ Mar 16 2010, 03:49 PM)
less than a week to go! 1022.gif

Have a good time, let me know how Exodus does. That Mega-set looks insane

QUOTE (tangy @ Mar 19 2010, 09:20 AM)
QUOTE (Necromancer @ Mar 17 2010, 08:57 PM)
Tomorrow night, Scranton Cultural Center.  I got my tix the day they went on sale and have been waiting impatiently since. 

1022.gif

how was it? 1022.gif

Amazing. When we get our pictures posted to our FB page, I'll post a link. CeeJ got some really good shots.

Omg, I can't wait for this show.... just 5 days and 4 night away trink39.gif

QUOTE (quickfree @ Feb 9 2010, 05:32 PM)
Got mixed feelings about this announcement.

me too, Jr has made mostly terrible records with megadeth - two listenable ones. The bassplaying in the new album is excellent, and would not be any better with jr twangin away. overrated at best.

Saw some clips from the tour, they really sound fantastic. RIP is one of the greatest metal albums of ALL TIME. Just another level altogether. Megadeth never before and never again will put something out that good.

QUOTE (greg2112 @ Mar 22 2010, 04:56 PM)
Saw some clips from the tour, they really sound fantastic. RIP is one of the greatest metal albums of ALL TIME. Just another level altogether. Megadeth never before and never again will put something out that good.

ahh i thought the system has failed and engame are on equal grounds. Both worthy of horns.

good show. I missed Exodus due to a 7 PM start. Testament minus Alex Skolnich played all of their first disc? Legacy?

Its been 15 years since I last saw Megadeth at Red Rocks( for $12) but Dave and Company still sound great. Broderick has got the chops.

My only complaint is that the setlist that Dave announced included Wake Up Dead and Set the world afire which were swapped out for Skin o' my teeth and she wolf? ( i am not 100% it was she-wolf ) Major downgrades IMO.

Finally, the sight of fat old dudes banging their heads is not pretty.........

Where was Alex Scholnick? I have tickets for the American Carnage Tour in August and was hoping he was still in Testament. My biggest concern is that Slayer will play their typical '12 song package tour set'. It seems like they make any excuse not to truely headline anymore and play a full 18-20+ song set. Maybe they will play at least 15 songs, because I'm sure Megadeth would like to and there is only one opening act.

QUOTE (GeddyLeeRoth @ Mar 23 2010, 04:37 PM)
Where was Alex Scholnick? I have tickets for the American Carnage Tour in August and was hoping he was still in Testament. My biggest concern is that Slayer will play their typical '12 song package tour set'. It seems like they make any excuse not to truely headline anymore and play a full 18-20+ song set. Maybe they will play at least 15 songs, because I'm sure Megadeth would like to and there is only one opening act.

Alex sat out the RIP tour because his trio was opening for Gabriele & Rodrigo on a tour. I have read he will be back for the other tours.

Archived