Which Rush release created the

tangy

QUOTE (GeddyRulz @ Dec 25 2009, 04:59 AM)
QUOTE (tangy @ Dec 24 2009, 03:56 PM)
QUOTE (JohnnyBlaze @ Dec 24 2009, 03:27 PM)
It'd have to be Moving Pictures due to their relentless touring, the amount of radio play at the time, and the coming of MTV which was very RUSH-friendly in those early days.

All very true.

The videos they played for Tom Sawyer & Limelight were from ESL?

There were both "studio" and "live" versions of those videos. The "studio" versions were literally filmed at Le Studio; if you've ever seen the video for "Vital Signs," the videos for "Tom Sawyer" and "Limelight" were the same.

Usually when MTV showed "Tom Sawyer," it was the live ESL version they showed. Still, I wouldn't say ESL was the album that attracted the most fans. Like me, many people may have seen that video and then ran out to get the original studio album the song was from.

... which reminds me of some "satellite" stations you hear/see, like XM. They'll play "Time Stand Still" and onscreen it might say the song is from Chronicles or Gold. Technically, this is true, but come on! All of us know it's from Hold Your Fire. Someone who hears the song for the first time this way, is he going to run out and buy Gold or is he going to buy Hold Your Fire? And even if he buys Gold, couldn't we still say he was introduced to Rush by "Time Stand Still" and therefore Hold Your Fire?

Archived