Snakes Representation

Echoes

QUOTE (Pags @ Dec 20 2009, 08:21 PM)
QUOTE (WCFIELDS @ Dec 20 2009, 09:16 PM)
QUOTE (goose @ Dec 19 2009, 10:48 AM)
QUOTE (lerxt1990 @ Dec 19 2009, 10:48 AM)
QUOTE (Mara @ Dec 19 2009, 10:41 AM)
QUOTE (Pags @ Dec 19 2009, 11:23 AM)
QUOTE (Necromancer @ Dec 19 2009, 07:21 AM)
I can handle Far Cry, but the rest of that album should be just forgotten about as a horrible mistake that catered to OLD fans that have begun to listen to too much "easy-listening", adult contemporary bullshit, and forgot that 2.gif used to actually be a hard ROCKIN' band. 

And they should put some more Vapor Trails on the tour, since that album actually had some decent worth.  yes.gif

While I definitely like S&A, I agree that VT is a stronger set of songs. There are tunes on that album that would be stellar if they would ever play them live. Bring back Earthshine, and play the title cut, drop OLV, but replace it with Freeze, or perhaps Stars Look Down.

From S&A, keep Far Cry. And definitely keep TWWB, this way I can still sing it at the top of my lungs to wherever Slackabob may be in the crowd. Hopefully, swaying in the drunken singalong right along with me. 1022.gif

Definitely time to drop OLV.

I'd like to hear "Ceiling Unlimited" and "How It Is", from VT.

CU should definitely be played - its awesome, and I liked it live better than studio version...

Don't get me started on CU live (too late!).

http://www.therushforum.com/index.php?showtopic=18002&st=0entry635571

... I can do without Ceiling Unlimited. When VT first came out, I liked the song, but I saw RUSH perform CU at the Gorge in WA and for me, this one song was the worst live performance I've ever seen. Geddy was awful, opting for the higher register the whole song, for some reason.

http://www.therushforum.com/index.php?show...20entry675450

The butchering of Ceiling Unlimited at the Gorge, WA during VT tour is the only RUSH disaster I've witnessed.

I too would love to hear more of VT this time out. As far as S&A goes, I love Workin them Angels musically and visually, and the all three instrumentals kill live.

good studio song, but live? I have to agree, it sounds awful........I think they know that, and I highly doubt they'll ever play it again......

But why even bother bringing back VT material they've already done? I'd rather seem them do songs from the album they've never done before. There are many others to choose from.

agree man...... yes.gif

QUOTE (Pags @ Dec 20 2009, 09:21 PM)
But why even bother bringing back VT material they've already done? I'd rather seem them do songs from the album they've never done before. There are many others to choose from.

Indeed.......Freeze, Nocturne and Sweet Miracle immediately come to mind.

Likely to return:

Far Cry (in late second set, or maybe even encore)

The Main Monkey Business

Malignant Narcissism

Armor & Sword OR Workin' Them Angels

Vapor Trail and Nocturne were apparently alternate songs during the VT tour. I hope they are played one day. They would probably be incredible live.

QUOTE (Rush Cocky @ Dec 20 2009, 09:31 PM)
QUOTE (Pags @ Dec 20 2009, 09:21 PM)
But why even bother bringing back VT material they've already done?  I'd rather seem them do songs from the album they've never done before.  There are many others to choose from.

Indeed.......Freeze, Nocturne and Sweet Miracle immediately come to mind.

Agreed that there's a lot from VT that would work live. Freeze would rock, especially as part of a complete Fear epic!

QUOTE (Necromancer @ Dec 19 2009, 07:21 AM)
I can handle Far Cry, but the rest of that album should be just forgotten about as a horrible mistake that catered to OLD fans that have begun to listen to too much "easy-listening", adult contemporary bullshit, and forgot that 2.gif used to actually be a hard ROCKIN' band. 

And they should put some more Vapor Trails on the tour, since that album actually had some decent worth.  yes.gif

I agree 100%, I would love to see Nocturne and Freeze on the next tour. But more than anything, I want to see some different songs, the setlist hasn't changed a whole lot the last few tours and I need some variety!

You guys need to remember how incredibly proud of Snakes and Arrows Rush is. No matter what we, the fans, think of it, the guys have to enjoy what they're playing, and they really got off on all the stuff from S & A. I think you'll see at least 4 songs off that album, and so much of that will depend on how much new material they're playing...but yeah I'd expect S & A to be well represented.

The likely songs are Far Cry, Armor and Sword (a favorite of the bands), Malignant Narcissism, and one other. I dont think main Monkey Business will be played, they'll only play 1 instrumental from the album.

I dunno about you guys, but Snakes and Arrows hasn't aged well for me. Outside of a few songs, it just doesn' sustain...I guess it is a little light and soft for these guys. Too bad...I really loved it the 1st year or so

QUOTE (LeaveMyThingAlone @ Dec 21 2009, 06:25 PM)
I dunno about you guys, but Snakes and Arrows hasn't aged well for me. Outside of a few songs, it just doesn' sustain...I guess it is a little light and soft for these guys. Too bad...I really loved it the 1st year or so

Substitute Vapor Trails for Snakes & Arrows in your post, and you have the truth for me.

S&A is a lot better in that department, IMO.

no.gif None, not at all . 9 song's were enough last tour

QUOTE (Echoes @ Dec 18 2009, 11:35 PM)
So, there's obviously something brewing with Rush tour wise. So my question is this. Whether there's new music or not, how would you like to see Snakes and Arrows represented (or even at all)? I'd imagine Far Cry would be a likely candidate for the boys to choose and one I'd love to see again. Maybe something not played before like Faithless. Another one I would pick would be Armor and Sword. How about you guys?

personally the fewer s&a songs the better. already played them straight through for 2 years, so theres no reason to continue stressing them to promote an album that will 3 years old come next spring.

i say 2 regular songs and the 2 instrumentals (mal nar/hope) to lead in and out of the drum solo. the biggest hits are far cry and larger bowl at least chartwise. live version of angels (30) actually charted lower than larger bowl (16). so thatll be it - 4 tracks. leaves more room for other material or the guys to bring out their favorite standards to bore the crowd with lol (roll the bones, la villa, rsa, bravado, force 10, etc.).

So, there's obviously something brewing with Rush tour wise. So my question is this. Whether there's new music or not, how would you like to see Snakes and Arrows represented (or even at all)? I'd imagine Far Cry would be a likely candidate for the boys to choose and one I'd love to see again. Maybe something not played before like Faithless. Another one I would pick would be Armor and Sword. How about you guys?

personally the fewer s&a songs the better. already played them straight through for 2 years, so theres no reason to continue stressing them to promote an album that will 3 years old come next spring.

i say 2 regular songs and the 2 instrumentals (mal nar/hope) to lead in and out of the drum solo. the biggest hits are far cry and larger bowl at least chartwise. live version of angels (30) actually charted lower than larger bowl (16). so thatll be it - 4 tracks. leaves more room for other material or the guys to bring out their favorite standards to bore the crowd with lol (roll the bones, la villa, rsa, bravado, force 10, etc.).

Archived