Snakes Representation

Echoes

So, there's obviously something brewing with Rush tour wise. So my question is this. Whether there's new music or not, how would you like to see Snakes and Arrows represented (or even at all)? I'd imagine Far Cry would be a likely candidate for the boys to choose and one I'd love to see again. Maybe something not played before like Faithless. Another one I would pick would be Armor and Sword. How about you guys?

QUOTE (Working Man @ Dec 19 2009, 01:37 AM)
I'd really love to see Faithless on the setlist as well. "Hope" should probably stay as well, so Neil can get a break after his usual epic drum solo. I'd also like to see Far Cry and Any Way the Wind Blows.

I would rather see acoustic versions of a few songs than Hope again. Not that I don't like it, but I want to see a totall different arrangement next go 'round.

They'll keep Far Cry since it's the most recognizable single. They'll keep at least 2 of the instrumentals, probably the short ones but don't rule out TMMB as one of them. Other than that they'll keep one more album track, probably Angels but hopefully TWTWB. Either way don't expect more than 4 or 5 S&A songs at the most.

I just want we hold on and the way the wind blows. oh yeah and all three instrumentals! lol

I can handle Far Cry, but the rest of that album should be just forgotten about as a horrible mistake that catered to OLD fans that have begun to listen to too much "easy-listening", adult contemporary bullshit, and forgot that 2.gif used to actually be a hard ROCKIN' band.

And they should put some more Vapor Trails on the tour, since that album actually had some decent worth. yes.gif

QUOTE (Necromancer @ Dec 19 2009, 07:21 AM)
I can handle Far Cry, but the rest of that album should be just forgotten about as a horrible mistake that catered to OLD fans that have begun to listen to too much "easy-listening", adult contemporary bullshit, and forgot that 2.gif used to actually be a hard ROCKIN' band.

And they should put some more Vapor Trails on the tour, since that album actually had some decent worth. yes.gif

Wow, I must disagree. Vapor Trails was good, but the best songs on that album are weaker than the weak songs on S&A.

Guess it proves that we all have different tastes, huh?

You dont think Armor and Sword, MalNar and TMMB rock as well dude?..I could handle Faithless as well. Good tune.

I am betting that "Far Cry" will be the opening song.

I would like to hear the instrumentals, "Armour and Sword", and "Faithless". Then move along, guys. (Something from Power Windows, please).

If the release is an EP, you can bet we'll get all 5 or so songs off of it.

While I definitely like S&A, I agree that VT is a stronger set of songs. There are tunes on that album that would be stellar if they would ever play them live. Bring back Earthshine, and play the title cut, drop OLV, but replace it with Freeze, or perhaps Stars Look Down.

From S&A, keep Far Cry. And definitely keep TWWB, this way I can still sing it at the top of my lungs to wherever Slackabob may be in the crowd. Hopefully, swaying in the drunken singalong right along with me. 1022.gif

My guess is, "Far Cry" (no doubt about that one), either "Armor & Sword" or "TWTWB," and "MalNar." IF they play a fourth S&A song it would be "Workin' Them Angels," but I think they'll do three and that's it.

I seriously doubt they'd do an S&A song that wasn't played on the last tour.

QUOTE (Pags @ Dec 19 2009, 11:23 AM)

And they should put some more Vapor Trails on the tour, since that album actually had some decent worth.  yes.gif

While I definitely like S&A, I agree that VT is a stronger set of songs. There are tunes on that album that would be stellar if they would ever play them live. Bring back Earthshine, and play the title cut, drop OLV, but replace it with Freeze, or perhaps Stars Look Down.

From S&A, keep Far Cry. And definitely keep TWWB, this way I can still sing it at the top of my lungs to wherever Slackabob may be in the crowd. Hopefully, swaying in the drunken singalong right along with me. 1022.gif

Definitely time to drop OLV.

I'd like to hear "Ceiling Unlimited" and "How It Is", from VT.

QUOTE (Mara @ Dec 19 2009, 10:41 AM)

And they should put some more Vapor Trails on the tour, since that album actually had some decent worth.  yes.gif

CU should definitely be played - its awesome, and I liked it live better than studio version...

I'd love to see Nocturne played live. Just cause I wanna see Alex play that AMAZING geetar riff. Also I would just die if I heard Mystic Rhythms played live again. As for anything off Snakes... that whole album just rocks but I'd love to hear TMMB, Spindrift, TWTWB, Armor & Sword and MalNar and of course Far Cry.

Im hoping for a new album tho with this tour.

QUOTE (Ya_Big_Tree @ Dec 19 2009, 10:51 AM)
I'd love to see Nocturne played live. Just cause I wanna see Alex play that AMAZING geetar riff. Also I would just die if I heard Mystic Rhythms played live again. As for anything off Snakes... that whole album just rocks but I'd love to hear TMMB, Spindrift, TWTWB, Armor & Sword and MalNar and of course Far Cry.

Spindrift!..I forgot about that one. I love the intro.

QUOTE (lerxt1990 @ Dec 19 2009, 10:48 AM)

CU should definitely be played - its awesome, and I liked it live better than studio version...

Don't get me started on CU live (too late!).

http://www.therushforum.com/index.php?showtopic=18002&st=0entry635571

... I can do without Ceiling Unlimited. When VT first came out, I liked the song, but I saw RUSH perform CU at the Gorge in WA and for me, this one song was the worst live performance I've ever seen. Geddy was awful, opting for the higher register the whole song, for some reason.

http://www.therushforum.com/index.php?show...20entry675450

The butchering of Ceiling Unlimited at the Gorge, WA during VT tour is the only RUSH disaster I've witnessed.

I too would love to hear more of VT this time out. As far as S&A goes, I love Workin them Angels musically and visually, and the all three instrumentals kill live.

QUOTE (Ya_Big_Tree @ Dec 19 2009, 10:51 AM)

I agree with this.

Nocturne might be my favorite off of VT. Such a heavy, powerful tune.

For Snakes representation, I'd like Armor and Sword, Workin' Them Angels, Spindrift, and 2 out of 3 of the instrumentals.

In a new setlist we're probably likely to see Far Cry (definite), Working Them Angels, The Main Monkey Business, and Mal Nar. I don't really consider Hope a song but obviously that could be tossed in as well. At most, 1 more but that's 4 deep already which is pretty large for a previous album with the size of their catalog.

QUOTE (goose @ Dec 19 2009, 10:48 AM)

... I can do without Ceiling Unlimited. When VT first came out, I liked the song, but I saw RUSH perform CU at the Gorge in WA and for me, this one song was the worst live performance I've ever seen. Geddy was awful, opting for the higher register the whole song, for some reason.

The butchering of Ceiling Unlimited at the Gorge, WA during VT tour is the only RUSH disaster I've witnessed.

I too would love to hear more of VT this time out. As far as S&A goes, I love Workin them Angels musically and visually, and the all three instrumentals kill live.

good studio song, but live? I have to agree, it sounds awful........I think they know that, and I highly doubt they'll ever play it again......

QUOTE (WCFIELDS @ Dec 20 2009, 09:16 PM)
QUOTE (goose @ Dec 19 2009, 10:48 AM)

good studio song, but live? I have to agree, it sounds awful........I think they know that, and I highly doubt they'll ever play it again......

But why even bother bringing back VT material they've already done? I'd rather seem them do songs from the album they've never done before. There are many others to choose from.

Archived