Football talk

Indica

• Replies 56
  • Created
  • Last Reply

QUOTE (Alsgalpal @ Sep 11 2004, 03:57 PM)
I like football, and the season. But I never really understood it... I LOVE the movie Remember the Titans... I like football. cheer.gif

Football's definitely an awesome game....once u break the game down to it's basic components and take away the technical jargon that goes with it, it's actually a simple game to learn...

QUOTE (Snowdog @ Sep 12 2004, 04:55 PM)
Steelers looked pretty good today Indy.

Yeah they didn't look bad, especially their defense for a change. Hines ward will start getting more throws and they should put more points on the board. 21 isn't bad but the defense put them into position to score all their points. Which isn't a bad thing as fas as getting a "W" but the O needs to step it up some more if they want to keep winning. You can't count on the defense to keep giving you the ball inside the 50 all the time. Got to get er done.

QUOTE (Indica @ Sep 14 2004, 09:22 AM)

Yeah they didn't look bad, especially their defense for a change. Hines ward will start getting more throws and they should put more points on the board. 21 isn't bad but the defense put them into position to score all their points. Which isn't a bad thing as fas as getting a "W" but the O needs to step it up some more if they want to keep winning. You can't count on the defense to keep giving you the ball inside the 50 all the time. Got to get er done.

Living in J'ville, I didn't expect much this year. Still don't, but Leftwich got lucky and pulled one out of his @ss. Jimmy Smith saved him by adjusting to a horribly underthrown ball on 4th and 14. I must admit I was getting frustrated flipping back between the Redskins game and watching Brunell throw precision passes while Leftwich is consistently over/underthrowing his receivers. I know Del Rio had to go with the future and play Leftwich, so Brunell had to go. But I don't think Leftwich will ever be as good as Brunell, and Brunell isn't great, just pretty good. I really thought when Leftwich was brought in he would "be the man". I'm not so sure anymore. But hey, there was a quarterback a few years back who had a disastrous couple of years to start his career and he turned out ok. His name was Elway.

QUOTE (Snowdog @ Sep 14 2004, 04:18 PM)

Living in J'ville, I didn't expect much this year. Still don't, but Leftwich got lucky and pulled one out of his @ss. Jimmy Smith saved him by adjusting to a horribly underthrown ball on 4th and 14. I must admit I was getting frustrated flipping back between the Redskins game and watching Brunell throw precision passes while Leftwich is consistently over/underthrowing his receivers. I know Del Rio had to go with the future and play Leftwich, so Brunell had to go. But I don't think Leftwich will ever be as good as Brunell, and Brunell isn't great, just pretty good. I really thought when Leftwich was brought in he would "be the man". I'm not so sure anymore. But hey, there was a quarterback a few years back who had a disastrous couple of years to start his career and he turned out ok. His name was Elway.

Bradshaw!!!!!!! laugh.gif

QUOTE (Indica @ Sep 15 2004, 12:32 PM)
QUOTE (Snowdog @ Sep 14 2004, 04:18 PM)

Bradshaw!!!!!!! laugh.gif

Yeah, he was pretty good too! new_thumbsupsmileyanim.gif

QUOTE (Relaxed_Jack @ Sep 21 2004, 07:28 AM)
QUOTE (BSG @ Sep 20 2004, 09:29 PM)
GO LIONS! GO LIONS! Two in a row baby!!!  cheer.gif  cheer.gif  cheer.gif  cheer.gif

I knew the 'fans' would start coming out sometime.... wink.gif

And just how often does a Lions fan get to cheer??? confused13.gif

....waiting for the inevitable implosion and the wheels to come off! laugh.gif

QUOTE (BSG @ Sep 21 2004, 01:57 PM)
GO LIONS! GO LIONS! Two in a row baby!!!  cheer.gif  cheer.gif  cheer.gif  cheer.gif

I miss Barry Sanders! sad.gif

QUOTE (BSG @ Sep 23 2004, 10:26 PM)
QUOTE (Indica @ Sep 21 2004, 03:41 PM)
QUOTE (BSG @ Sep 21 2004, 01:57 PM)

I miss Barry Sanders! sad.gif

TELL me about it! fists crying.gif mad.gif wacko.gif

When Barry played on Sundays, if nothing else good happened that day you could always count on him doing 1 or 2 things that made you say, "WOW DID YOU SEE THAT"? He was healthy enough to play anyother year and set the all time rushing record. In my eyes Barry was the best I have ever seen, he doesn't need to break a record for me to think that either. Not to mention the class he had, no showboating at all, he went out and "got er done"

OMG! I remember a Thanksgiving Day game where he was about to get nailed and he did this INCREDIBLE horizontal HOP to avoid the tackle! I have NEVER in my life seen the likes of that, or of Barry! This is why his absence has been so keenly felt in Lion-country lo these past few years. He once again teased us, and gave us false hope, in the grand, historical Lions tradition. fists crying.gif biggrin.gif

(It's a good thing I don't get too worked up over this stuff. wink.gif )

QUOTE (BSG @ Sep 24 2004, 02:39 PM)
OMG! I remember a Thanksgiving Day game where he was about to get nailed and he did this INCREDIBLE horizontal HOP to avoid the tackle! I have NEVER in my life seen the likes of that, or of Barry! This is why his absence has been so keenly felt in Lion-country lo these past few years. He once again teased us, and gave us false hope, in the grand, historical Lions tradition. fists crying.gif biggrin.gif

(It's a good thing I don't get too worked up over this stuff. wink.gif )

Strange, yet another thing we agree on, what's going on latley? lol

QUOTE (Indica @ Sep 24 2004, 03:47 PM)
QUOTE (BSG @ Sep 24 2004, 02:39 PM)
OMG! I remember a Thanksgiving Day game where he was about to get nailed and he did this INCREDIBLE horizontal HOP to avoid the tackle! I have NEVER in my life seen the likes of that, or of Barry! This is why his absence has been so keenly felt in Lion-country lo these past few years. He once again teased us, and gave us false hope, in the grand, historical Lions tradition.  fists crying.gif  biggrin.gif

(It's a good thing I don't get too worked up over this stuff.  wink.gif )

Strange, yet another thing we agree on, what's going on latley? lol

Don't worry! I still think you suck! icon_really_happy_guy.gif rofl3.gif

Joking! Joking! trink39.gif

Can a gal talk about SEC College football here? Well, I'm going to anyway wink.gif.

The newest AP College Poll (well, the top 10, anyway):

NCAA Division I-A:

AP Top 25

The Associated Press Top 25 college football poll, with number of first-place votes and record in parentheses, total points and previous ranking:

RANK TEAM RECORD PTS PVS

1. USC (46) 4-0 1,605 1

Last game: Def. Stanford 31-28 (Sep. 25)

Next week: vs. California (Oct. 9)

2. Oklahoma (18) 3-0 1,570 2

Last game: Def. Oregon 31-7 (Sep. 18)

This week: vs. Texas Tech (3-1)

3. Georgia (1) 3-0 1,452 3

Last game: Def. Marshall 13-3 (Sep. 18)

This week: vs. LSU (3-1)

4. Miami 3-0 1,435 4

Last game: Def. Houston 38-13 (Sep. 23)

This week: at Georgia Tech (2-1)

5. Texas 3-0 1,365 5

Last game: Def. Rice 35-13 (Sep. 25)

This week: vs. Baylor (2-1)

6. West Virginia 4-0 1,176 6

Last game: Def. James Madison 45-10 (Sep. 25)

This week: at Virginia Tech (2-2)

7. Ohio State 3-0 1,113 7

Last game: Def. N.C. State 22-14 (Sep. 18)

This week: at Northwestern (1-3)

8. Auburn 4-0 1,093 9

Last game: Def. The Citadel 33-3 (Sep. 25)

This week: at Tennessee (3-0)

9. Florida State 2-1 1,074 8

Last game: Def. Clemson 41-22 (Sep. 25)

This week: vs. North Carolina (2-2)

10. California 2-0 1,033 10

Last game: Def. New Mexico State 41-14 (Sep. 11)

This week: at Oregon State (1-3)

NUMBER EIGHT, baby! Woo hooooo! Or, more appropriately, "War Damn Eagle!"

Next Saturday, Auburn vs. Tennessee...this will be one to watch.

Things are unbelievable down here in Jacksonville. Nobody can believe the "Cardiac Cats" as they are calling them now, have pulled out 3 wins in the last minute this year. 3-0 baby! Woooooo Hoooooooo! will it last? nah, probably not. But it has been a fun 3 weeks!

Archived