The Rush Acronym Game

Scars

Simple game, someone will give a lyric from a song, but instead of just typing out the lyric, instead the first letter of each word will be used!

For example "TTSHGHOY" would be "Today's Tom Sawyer he gets high on you." So the answer would be "Tom Sawyer" of course.

This way, it's just as simple as knowing the lyric, but you can't Google the answer wink.gif

I'll start us off:

TCITDTIS

Edited by GoverP

• Replies 162
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

You'd probably have a better chance of getting stuck by lightning than getting that one right. Rush has released a total of 161 songs in their career, so at least give us the courtesy of narrowing it down a little bit. I'd even go as far as to say tell us what album it's from, because, even then, I still don't have the patience to rack my brain until I figure it out.

QUOTE (GoverP @ Dec 13 2009, 01:23 AM)
Simple game, someone will give a lyric from a song, but instead of just typing out the lyric, instead the first letter of each word will be used!

For example "TTSHGHOY" would be "Today's Tom Sawyer he gets high on you." So the answer would be "Tom Sawyer" of course.

This way, it's just as simple as knowing the lyric, but you can't Google the answer wink.gif

I'll start us off:
TCITDTIS

The Enemy Within!

This one's easy....

SMDTM

Honestly, if you don't have anything nice to say don't say anything at all. You don't have to play ohmy.gif ...

I was just sick of the games that could either hardly be constituted as games (this or that) or are just a google search away (name that lyric). So "narrowing" it down would essential become a google search of the tracklist lyrics.

Obviously it's possible to do since RushLady got it and it's not like this requires response after response. Maybe you're just listening to a song and happen to pick up on it, or it just happens to be one of your favorites that you can easily decipher. No need to be so serious about it.

QUOTE (GoverP @ Dec 19 2009, 03:38 PM)
Honestly, if you don't have anything nice to say don't say anything at all. You don't have to play ohmy.gif ...

I was just sick of the games that could either hardly be constituted as games (this or that) or are just a google search away (name that lyric). So "narrowing" it down would essential become a google search of the tracklist lyrics.

Obviously it's possible to do since RushLady got it and it's not like this requires response after response. Maybe you're just listening to a song and happen to pick up on it, or it just happens to be one of your favorites that you can easily decipher. No need to be so serious about it.

Answer mine above!!!

QUOTE (rushlady23 @ Dec 17 2009, 08:00 AM)
QUOTE (GoverP @ Dec 13 2009, 01:23 AM)

This way, it's just as simple as knowing the lyric, but you can't Google the answer  wink.gif

I'll start us off:
TCITDTIS

The Enemy Within!

This one's easy....

SMDTM

I'm not gonna lie...I like word games. BUT this isn't easy. I even cheated and scanned the lyrics from about 6 different albums and couldn't get the answer. confused13.gif

QUOTE (GoverP @ Dec 19 2009, 03:38 PM)

None of us are trying to come off as mean no.gif , we're just saying this game is way hard.

But this game has some huge potential, maybe we should give hints to make it easier!

Here, this one is from Subdivisions:

NITD, OTMSA

QUOTE (KennethRush @ Jan 11 2010, 06:23 PM)
Here, this one is from Subdivisions:
NITD, OTMSA

That makes it a bit easier...

Nowhere is the dreamer or the misfit so alone

This is from Red Barchetta:

DIHB, MUPFMAOM

Down in his barn

My uncle preserved for me an old machine

From Entre Nous:

WEPTE

DIOOTABE

Edited by rushlady23

We are planets to each other,

Drifting in our orbits to a brief eclipse.

....Beautiful song, I think I'll listen to it now biggrin.gif

This ones on a song from Grace Under Pressure, It's from one of the four last tracks on the album:

HWKG, HWKG

Use the key unlock the door

See what your fate might have in store

This one's sang by Geddy right before an amazing solo

WOSFTB

It's also repeated again as the last line of the song!

Edited by KennethRush

The big bang took and shook the world

Shot down the rising sun

I was stumped, until I took the bomb clue literally

This one is 30 years old

IYCNTD, YSHMAC

Remembering when first I held

The wheel in my own hands

This is from a veddy sceddy song, that must be experienced witht he help of your 3-D glasses (otherwise you'd be watching it in one-half-D!)

HALBAOD

BHALMAOYL

He's a little bit afraid of dying

But he's a lot more afraid of your lying

This song has to do with Planet Earth, but not quite as we expected. Song was recorded in the 21st century.

IAFCFTWWTWI

IAFCFTWWTWSI

YCAFTCF

YCASTCB

Well-weathered leather,

Hot metal and oil,

The scented country air.

Sunlight on chrome,

The blur of the landscape,

Every nerve aware.

This one is from Presto:

BBTM