April Wine at Le Studio

RushFanForever

I am sure something similar to this has been posted on here in the past. Or maybe not.

All Rush fans know that the videos for 'Tom Sawyer', 'Limelight' and 'Vital Signs' were recorded at Le Studio. They were filmed during breaks in the recording sessions for the songs where Geddy uses a different bass.

I have to wonder if April Wine were using the correct instruments in their videos which were also filmed at Le Studio. tongue.gif.

'Before the Dawn' must have been recorded at night before dawn since in the video everything looks to be pitch black on the windows.

The same dog that appears at the beginning of the 'Limelight' video, is also in 'I Like To Rock' near the end.

There is another video that April Wine recorded at Le Studio for a song called 'Ladies Man'. However I can't find the video on YouTube.

It is funny when Ricky of The Trailer Park Boys kidnaps Alex on the 'Closer To The Heart' episode. He then gives Alex a crappy guitar and tells him to play 'I Like To Rock'. Alex says that's April Wine.

So there is the connection with the two bands. Both bands are Canadian and have recorded at Le Studio.

Edited by RushFanForever

QUOTE (Rush Cocky @ Nov 23 2009, 11:59 AM)
QUOTE (Alex @ Nov 22 2009, 08:52 PM)
QUOTE (shaun3701 @ Nov 22 2009, 08:32 PM)
never heard of them

Too bad for you then.

Yeah really, I loved them in their heydey.

Sign of the Gypsy Queen is still a fav of mine. yes.gif

I was born in 79, they're probably before my time. But then again Rush would be too, go figure lol.

QUOTE (shaun3701 @ Nov 23 2009, 01:39 PM)
QUOTE (Rush Cocky @ Nov 23 2009, 11:59 AM)
QUOTE (Alex @ Nov 22 2009, 08:52 PM)
QUOTE (shaun3701 @ Nov 22 2009, 08:32 PM)
never heard of them

Too bad for you then.

Yeah really, I loved them in their heydey.

Sign of the Gypsy Queen is still a fav of mine. yes.gif

I was born in 79, they're probably before my time. But then again Rush would be too, go figure lol.

Irrelevant. I was born in '94 laugh.gif