I Really Love "America!" Do You?

RUSHHEAD666

Love this line:

"There were trees and birds and rocks and things........"

http://www.therushforum.com/html/emoticons/biggrin.gif

I'm always gonna associate that song with the movie trailer for Air America since that was my intro to it as a kid. That being said, Sister Golden Hair is one song that makes me switch the dial. It was always played on KOLA 99.9 FM at the Italian restaurant I used to work at in the mid 00s to where I got tired of it fast. It's the oldies station for the inland empire. They've expanded towards 90s as I've gotten older. Strange hearing songs from my high school years and first semester of college and bands like Sublime. :lol:

Edited by invisible airwave

From early October..............

gnSYI9H.jpg

I saw them many years ago. Fun show. A funny memory is the drunk lady in the balcony screaming "Horse With No Name" over and over during the show. Finally, between songs one of the lead band members, exasperated, says "Lady, don't worry. We're gonna play it. Relax."
  • Like 3

gnSYI9H.jpg

I saw them many years ago. Fun show. A funny memory is the drunk lady in the balcony screaming "Horse With No Name" over and over during the show. Finally, between songs one of the lead band members, exasperated, says "Lady, don't worry. We're gonna play it. Relax."

Goose!

I remember having a ticket to see them up in Reno a few years ago. I couldn't go.

My fiancé Lisa loves America too. I wanted to surprise her and take to a show next year but they are only on the East Coast and in Texas! Bummer!

gnSYI9H.jpg

Goose!

I remember having a ticket to see them up in Reno a few years ago. I couldn't go.

My fiancé Lisa loves America too. I wanted to surprise her and take to a show next year but they are only on the East Coast and in Texas! Bummer!

That picture is from October in Reno, Silver Legacy Ballroom.

• Like 1

gnSYI9H.jpg

Goose!

That picture is from October in Reno, Silver Legacy Ballroom.

That's awesome! I wish I went.

Hoping next year!

I love "Holiday" - another one that my dad used to play all the time when I was growing up.

And, in keeping with what I said on the Styx poll, my favorite track on that one is NOT Lonely People or Tin Man. It's probably Another Try or Glad to See You.

gnSYI9H.jpg

:lol:

I couldn't name two songs. I'll give their greatest hits a spin later.

gnSYI9H.jpg

You'll likely know more of their stuff than you realize.

• Like 2

gnSYI9H.jpg

Yep. An America live show is one of those where you go, "Oh...I know this!", over and over.
  • Like 2

Yep. An America live show is one of those where you go, "Oh...I know this!", over and over.

I listened to a greatest hits that was released recently. Skipped the Horse With No Name, still recognized four songs. Some decent stuff.

I'm disappointed that the tropic of Sir Galahad is just Def Leppard type gibberish.

Love is like a bomb, like a Gallahad bomb, living like a tropic with a radar phone!