• Deliverance
    • Damnation
    • Ghost Reveries
    • Watershed

• Replies 495
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I got My Arms, Your Hearse, and it may be my favorite Opeth album so far. The only song I'm having trouble with is "Demon of the Fall." My kid has already lifted the CD from me, so it's a good thing it's loaded on my computer at work.

The next two on my Opeth list are Deliverance and Damnation.

But, I like this one so much, it may be a while before I need to get anything else.

QUOTE (sullysue @ Oct 4 2010, 03:00 PM)
My kid has already lifted the CD from me, so it's a good thing it's loaded on my computer at work.

So cute.

Sorry nothing on Opeth to add biggrin.gif

Edited by Steevo

QUOTE (Steevo @ Oct 4 2010, 12:46 AM)
My kid has already lifted the CD from me, so it's a good thing it's loaded on my computer at work.

So cute.

Yeah. Adorable. sarcasm.gif

tongue.gif

If I'm ever missing a CD, I know where to look. It's cool he and I share the same taste in music, though. We always have something to talk about. smile.gif

QUOTE (sullysue @ Oct 4 2010, 05:48 PM)
QUOTE (Steevo @ Oct 4 2010, 12:46 AM)

So cute.

Yeah. Adorable. sarcasm.gif

tongue.gif

If I'm ever missing a CD, I know where to look. It's cool he and I share the same taste in music, though. We always have something to talk about. smile.gif

I think it's awesome. But I'm ever so uncool for saying such a thing cool.gif

I voted for Ghost Reveries, because it was the first Opeth CD that I bought.

Love this band. Went to see the special show in LA this past April...it was amazing. I got VIP tix and got to meet the band...and sit in for an abbreviated sound-check.

Recently purchased the Royal Albert Hall deluxe DVD set, with vinyl. The DVD is amazing, haven't listened to the vinyl yet.

1022.gif

QUOTE (The Owl @ Feb 22 2010, 08:28 PM)
Okay, in the 10 months that Ive had to stew over this Band, I think I finally have a favorite song by them.........

BLEAK!!!!!!!  Just an amazing f***ing song...... the guitar riff that starts before the first clean vocal section is just mind blowing!  Not to mention the aforementioned clean vocal section is sung by none other than Steven Wilson (On the Studio version).....then the long instrumental break going from heavy and thrashing to acoustic and melodic... 

Bleak is the definitive Opeth song

bumper.gif

Just heard the last few mins of this for the first time. Hard to argue with that kind of majesty, wow!! atickhum.gif

I was just introduced to Opeth over the summer. My friend showed me "Ghost of Perdition" from Ghost Reveries and I got the same feeling that I did the first time I heard Rush, or Dream Theater, or Tool. Ghost Reveries has gotten a lot of play time lately. Still need to look into their other albums.

I like Watershed and Damnation. And like a lot of peeps that was what I heard first, But when I heard Blackwater Park, it really went into heavy rotation for me.

I can't believe more love isn't being shown for Still Life. It just shades Blackwater Park, and is head and shoulders above all the Opeth-lite that followed BP.

I managed to attend the RAH show this year, and can quite categorically state it was the best concert I've been to - though it would have been better still with a full run through of Still Life smile.gif

QUOTE (Jean Simmons @ Nov 16 2010, 06:26 PM)
I can't believe more love isn't being shown for Still Life. It just shades Blackwater Park, and is head and shoulders above all the Opeth-lite that followed BP.

I managed to attend the RAH show this year, and can quite categorically state it was the best concert I've been to - though it would have been better still with a full run through of Still Life smile.gif

I love Still Life. I think The Moor is the quintessential Opeth song. I was at the LA show and that song totally rocked...as it does on the RAH DVD!!

QUOTE (Jean Simmons @ Nov 17 2010, 01:26 AM)

The first half of Still Life is awesome: The Moor/Godhead's Lament is an unbeatable pairing to open an album.

Sadly, as far as I'm concerned, after Face of Melinda the album gets incredibly boring. I can't even make up the different parts of the songs. It all blends together in a mush.

One minor concern, also, is the fact that the clean vocals are quite muddy, compared to the Wilson-produced albums.

QUOTE (H. P. L. @ Nov 17 2010, 04:18 AM)
QUOTE (Jean Simmons @ Nov 17 2010, 01:26 AM)

I managed to attend the RAH show this year, and can quite categorically state it was the best concert I've been to - though it would have been better still with  a full run through of Still Life smile.gif

The first half of Still Life is awesome: The Moor/Godhead's Lament is an unbeatable pairing to open an album.

Sadly, as far as I'm concerned, after Face of Melinda the album gets incredibly boring. I can't even make up the different parts of the songs. It all blends together in a mush.

One minor concern, also, is the fact that the clean vocals are quite muddy, compared to the Wilson-produced albums.

Well Opeth were very poor at the time, so there wasn't much money for a good production job. Mikael couldn't even afford to do any demos for the album. In light of that it's a stellar effort, and Serenity Painted Death and White Cluster are just awesome!