• Morningrise
    • My Arms Your Hearse
    • Still Life
    • Blackwater Park
    • Deliverance
    • Damnation
    • Ghost Reveries
    • Watershed

Apparently Opeth is giving away free downloads of the bonus tracks from their site..

roadrunnerrecords.com/heritagebounstracks

I saw a slip in my copy of the CD that said to go to that link to download the songs.... they're not up there now, but the site said within 24 hours they will be.

The slip of paper was in the special CD/DVD edition I bought... I don't know if it will ask you for a code to download, but I see no instructions to do so... nor do I see a download code on the slip of paper that came with my CD

Edited by The Owl

• Replies 495
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE (The Owl @ Sep 20 2011, 04:26 PM)
Apparently Opeth is giving away free downloads of the bonus tracks from their site..

roadrunnerrecords.com/heritagebounstracks

I saw a slip in my copy of the CD that said to go to that link to download the songs.... they're not up there now, but the site said within 24 hours they will be.

The slip of paper was in the special CD/DVD edition I bought... I don't know if it will ask you for a code to download, but I see no instructions to do so... nor do I see a download code on the slip of paper that came with my CD

All I'm getting is this:

Roadrunner Server Error: 404 File Not Found

The page you just clicked

Cannot be located now.

Please try our menu.

You tried to access the URL /heritagebounstracks

To me this is bullshit, after buying the special edition, which advertises the bonus tracks as part of the package, I expect to get them without a lot of titting around...

angry.gif

QUOTE (The Owl @ Sep 20 2011, 05:07 PM)
http://www.roadrunnerrecords.com/heritagebonustracks/

there you go... still can't download them yet...don't know if you have to enter any kind of code to get the tracks... but I am not seeing anywhere you might have to....

we'll see once the songs are available.

They should have put the bonus tracks on the special edition CD, this twatting around is them taking the piss...

angry.gif angry.gif angry.gif

I love the new stuff, got it today 1022.gif

QUOTE (treeduck @ Sep 20 2011, 10:10 PM)

there you go... still can't download them yet...don't know if you have to enter any kind of code to get the tracks... but I am not seeing anywhere you might have to....

They should have put the bonus tracks on the special edition CD, this twatting around is them taking the piss...

If you google 'Opeth Heritage bonus tracks torrent' you should find them for download - not that I'd encourage that sort of thing, of course, but I was equally frustrated that I couldn't get them off the dvd onto my ipod eyesre4.gif

Listened to/watched the DVD last night on my computer, since my good system is dismantled due to some construction work on our house. Loved hearing it and the bonus tracks in a somewhat reasonable format. The MP3s I had were poor quality. Anyway, I watched the entire thing, including the "making of" documentary. The documentary really enforces the band's (MA's) desire to move on to something different. I respect where they are coming from on this and I think the music is incredible!

Bit of a spoiler here:

MA said that, for the first time after finishing an Opeth album, he's very excited about the NEXT Opeth album.

QUOTE (-Ender- @ Sep 21 2011, 01:41 PM)
I don't like Heritage. There, I said it.

I guess it pays the price for being a transitional album. I'm still without the CD and only going on mp3, but that's my feeling for now.

Oh, and also I can't think what it would sound like with Lopez on drums...

QUOTE (H. P. L. @ Sep 21 2011, 10:10 AM)

I guess it pays the price for being a transitional album. I'm still without the CD and only going on mp3, but that's my feeling for now.

It's weird for me because as a new fan (from this past May) I was really looking forward to an all clean vocals album. It's true that I've grown to like the growling on the previous albums, quite a bit, really. I wasn't expecting them to go this far afield from what they've done in the past.

I don't know how else to describe it other than I'm really disappointed in it right now. And I'm glad I'm not a huge fan who's waited since 2008 for this.

QUOTE (-Ender- @ Sep 21 2011, 04:17 PM)

It's weird for me because as a new fan (from this past May) I was really looking forward to an all clean vocals album. It's true that I've grown to like the growling on the previous albums, quite a bit, really. I wasn't expecting them to go this far afield from what they've done in the past.

I don't know how else to describe it other than I'm really disappointed in it right now. And I'm glad I'm not a huge fan who's waited since 2008 for this.

They did it before with Damnation, which is a splendid album, although is far more melodic and "pastoral" than Heritage.

So it's not THAT far.

As a fan since 2002, I myself find it about time to move over the death metal growl. As of now, I don't know if pretending to be Gentle Giant is the right way to move over. But I will certainly change my mind.

Hell, it took me TWO YEARS to crack Ghost Reveries. laugh.gif

QUOTE (H. P. L. @ Sep 21 2011, 10:26 AM)
QUOTE (-Ender- @ Sep 21 2011, 04:17 PM)

They did it before with Damnation, which is a splendid album, although is far more melodic and "pastoral" than Heritage.

So it's not THAT far.

As a fan since 2002, I myself find it about time to move over the death metal growl. As of now, I don't know if pretending to be Gentle Giant is the right way to move over. But I will certainly change my mind.

Hell, it took me TWO YEARS to crack Ghost Reveries. laugh.gif

I don't really like Damnation, either.

tongue.gif

I have yet to hear it's counterpart, Deliverance. To me, the two should have been released as a double album, with the songs mixed together. It work have worked better for me that way, at least.

You nailed it with the Gentle Giant comparison. I also felt like I was listening to King Crimson and Jethro Tull at times. What is most annoying about the King Crimson vibe is that we all know Steven Wilson just remastered all the KC albums, and then essentially wrote a double album homage to KC. And now his favorite band is sounding like KC on an album he mixed. I don't really care for the direction either are heading. Maybe it is transitional to a sound I will like more. Or maybe it will be a longer trend.

Thank God for BCC.

It's pretty much how I expected it to sound when I first heard that was what they were doing - pretty solid prog rock, nothing too spectacular, but still very good.

It'll get the odd listen every now and again, but not a lot more.

QUOTE (-Ender- @ Sep 21 2011, 04:37 PM)
I don't really like Damnation, either.

tongue.gif

OK, go away now. tongue.gif tongue.gif tongue.gif tongue.gif laugh.gif laugh.gif laugh.gif laugh.gif laugh.gif

I have yet to hear it's counterpart, Deliverance.  To me, the two should have been released as a double album, with the songs mixed together.  It work have worked better for me that way, at least.

That's been a subject of fan-fiction for years. As the story goes, it was the singer from Katatonia that suggested to split the material in two albums, and MA agreed.

Deliverance is very good IMHO.

The best thing about Opeth is their ability to create a feeling, an atmosphere, a dream-bubble, with every song, wheter an epic 9 minute death metal parade or an acoustic ballad. That ability is still there, so for me the band hasn't failed.

On this premise, I find your comparision with BCC quite difficult to grasp. smile.gif trink39.gif

QUOTE (H. P. L. @ Sep 21 2011, 11:48 AM)
Have you heard the new Mastodon?

No. I have heard some Mastadon from a few years back. The singers voice really grated on me. What I heard was an almost screamo type of singing, iirc. And I really don't care for that. That might lead one to wonder why I like BCC and Glenn Hughes.

QUOTE (-Ender- @ Sep 21 2011, 07:53 AM)

No. I have heard some Mastadon from a few years back. The singers voice really grated on me. What I heard was an almost screamo type of singing, iirc. And I really don't care for that. That might lead one to wonder why I like BCC and Glenn Hughes.

Because Glenn Hughes is an awesome singer! And you are a total fanboy for Joe Bonamassa.

QUOTE (-Jane- @ Sep 21 2011, 12:34 PM)
QUOTE (-Ender- @ Sep 21 2011, 07:53 AM)

Because Glenn Hughes is an awesome singer! And you are a total fanboy for Joe Bonamassa.

I believe I've reached the "fanboi" level.

You still need to get 2!!!

Just got Heritage yesterday. Wowie zowie that's some cool stuff!! Got to watch the documentary when I can find the time! 1022.gif

QUOTE (willowroolz @ Sep 21 2011, 05:43 AM)
QUOTE (treeduck @ Sep 20 2011, 10:10 PM)

If you google 'Opeth Heritage bonus tracks torrent' you should find them for download - not that I'd encourage that sort of thing, of course, but I was equally frustrated that I couldn't get them off the dvd onto my ipod eyesre4.gif

It's ok I used the Owl's link to pick up the tracks. You have to put in your Heritage DVD and verify it, then it allows you to download the tracks. I notice they're numbered 11 and 12, which shows that they're really part of the album proper. This whole runaround is pretty pointless really.

Damn! I am listening to the new album right now.

I was sooooo excited to hear this record. I thought for sure they were going to top "Watershed."

However after one listening I am totally bored.

Roadrunner Records is scooping up all the great modern prog bands and turning them into boring shells of their empty selves.

I guess this means that the new Rush record is going to be PURE METAL since they have been around a lot longer than DT and Opeth.

Believe me though, I won't hold my breath.

The new Opeth sounds like "Watershed" being played at half speed on the moon.