March Madness

Test4VitalSigns

Let the Madness begin...After the NHL playoffs (We won't go there) NCAA Basketball Tourney is the best tournament around. Lots of drama, intense play, potential upsets and some good talented players showing their stuff. It's too late for a TRF pool but was wondering who else out there follows the Madness? I'm a North Carolina Tar Heels fan and most of the so-called experts are picking them or Illinois to win it all. Should be an entertaining few weeks. It's add more excitement for me in the absence of the NHL. For the record I'm more of a fan of college ball than I am of the NBA. More emphasis on teamwork and winning than on making it on a highlight reel show and collecting fat undeserved paycheques. GO HEELS!!! yes.gif new_thumbsupsmileyanim.gif

QUOTE (spirit of radio @ Mar 18 2005, 04:19 AM)
I'm a UNLV fan so i'm SOL but i like Wake Forest to take it all. 1287.gif bolt.gif

So much for Wake Forrest taking it all dude. Lost in OT to West Virginia. Among several top seeds to fall today. Forrest was a number 2 seed. A couple of number 3 seeds, Oklahoma and Gonzaga, are out as well. Throw in #4 seed Boston College. The Madness continues!

The opening weekend has drawn to a close and the Sweet 16 is all set. Today there was one upset as N.C. State knocked off the defending champions UConn 65-62. UConn along with Wake Forrest were number 2 seeds who were eliminated. Arizona is the only number 3 seed to advance to Sweet 16. As usual all the number one seeds advance (No number 16 seed has ever beaten a number one seed).

The Tar Heels were the most dominating team 1022.gif 1022.gif 1022.gif beating their 2 opponents by an average of 27.5 points. Illinois also played well and the potential collision course ahead between them is working out so far. That would be an awesome championship matchup! But other good teams like Duke (Puke as I like to call them 062802puke_prv.gif ), Oklahoma State, Arizona, Kentucky are still around...

The upset of the weekend has to be Bucknell knocking off Kansas and the Cinderella team is Wisconsin-Milwaukee who are going to the Sweet 16 for the first time ever as a # 12 seed.

Sweet 16

Chicago Region

Illionois(1) vs. Wisconsin-Milwaukee(12)

Oklahoma State(2) vs. Arizona(3)

Albuquerque Region

Washington(1) vs. Lousiville(4)

Texas Tech(6) vs. West Virginia(7)

Syracuse Region

North Carolina(1)vs. Villanova(5)

Wisconsin(6) vs. North Carolina State(10)

Austin Region

Puke(1) vs. Michigan State(5)

Kentucky(2) vs. Utah(6)

QUOTE (Test4VitalSigns @ Mar 19 2005, 11:51 PM)
QUOTE (spirit of radio @ Mar 18 2005, 04:19 AM)
I'm a UNLV fan so i'm SOL but i like Wake Forest to take it all. 1287.gif  bolt.gif

So much for Wake Forrest taking it all dude. Lost in OT to West Virginia. Among several top seeds to fall today. Forrest was a number 2 seed. A couple of number 3 seeds, Oklahoma and Gonzaga, are out as well. Throw in #4 seed Boston College. The Madness continues!

Doesn't surprise me i'm pretty well done in all my bracket selections yes.gif

First half of the Elite Eight is settled as Louisville knocked off number one seed Washington, The clock struck midnite for Wisconsin-Milwaukee as they were not surprisingly beatened by Illinois, Bobby Knight's Texas Tech are finished off by scrappy West Virginia and Arizona squeezed by Oklahoma State in a great close game.

The Elite Eight is all set. Tonite Puke gets eliminated by Michigan State, N.C. State is sent home by Wisky, Kentucky beat Utah and Tar heels avoided a Carolina sweep by winning a one point squeaker over Villanova.

Regional Finals go this weekend...

Saturday

Chicago Region-Illinois vs. Arizona

Alberquerque Region-Louisville vs. West Virginia

Sunday

Syracuse Region-North Carolina vs. Wisconsin

Austin Region-Michigan State vs. Kentucky

GO HEELS!!!! 1287.gif

Wow, what a game tonight. The Illini made an unbelievable comeback to beat Arizona. They were left for dead with a few minutes left, and came back to send it into OT. They won by one point. My wife was so excited, having gone there for undergrad and law school.

Yes, that was amazing yes.gif I thought for sure Arizona was going to move on to the "final four" but with sports you never know confused13.gif The last play was "terrible" by Arizona, what the hell were they thinking about unsure.gif

troutman trink39.gif

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v719/troutbum/105_0503.jpg

That last play by UofA was terrible, indeed. It knocked me out of the pool at work, but more importantly, my wife is happy. (Hey honey, let's go out to dinner on the money I made from U of A winning that game....Yeah, by yourself. laugh.gif )

QUOTE (anagramking @ Mar 26 2005, 11:36 PM)
That last play by UofA was terrible, indeed.  It knocked me out of the pool at work, but more importantly, my wife is happy.  (Hey honey, let's go out to dinner on the money I made from U of A winning that game....Yeah, by yourself.  laugh.gif )

Hey, gotta keep the "better half" biggrin.gif I also enjoyed it yes.gif being a UCLA fan it was swwweeetttt 653.gif

troutman trink39.gif

QUOTE (anagramking @ Mar 26 2005, 10:45 PM)
Wow, what a game tonight. The Illini made an unbelievable comeback to beat Arizona. They were left for dead with a few minutes left, and came back to send it into OT. They won by one point. My wife was so excited, having gone there for undergrad and law school.

I was watching it and fell asleep with Illinois down by 15..woke up for work and found out they win in OT by one. Wow...looks like Illinois got their scare just like the Heels did last night against Villanova. Looks like the showdown between the Heels and Illinois will happen though there are 2 more games to go tomorrow.

OH MY GOD, is anyone watching the Kentucky game???? Tied it up with 1 second left.....Oh wait, they are replaying it...... doh.gif It may only be a 2 pointer and they lose.......

The Final Four is set. My beloved Heels beat Wisky today and Michigan State advanced by beating Kentucky in a double overtime thriller. Very cool year for the regional finals this time around as 3 of the 4 games required overtime to decide things.

Saturday

Illinois vs. Louisville

North Carolina vs. Michigan State.

Next Monday Night

The Big One!

NCAA Championship Game with the winners of the above games playing for all the marbles.

Archived