What do you want to hear on the next album?

ReflectedLight

didn't you hear, rush is taking requests on how they should play and what style on the next album. tell them what you want and don't want.

i wanna here less guitar layering, a 20 minute epic, less singing more playing, and a few balls to the wall songs not worrying about the texture and depth bs of the song.

I'm ready and open to anything they come up with. I love all their old stuff, but I love hearing new stuff by them more. It just blows me away, and I have complete faith that the band will amaze me with whatever they do. I just want it to be fresh.

QUOTE (KlanKaos @ Sep 22 2009, 03:11 PM)
I'm ready and open to anything they come up with. I love all their old stuff, but I love hearing new stuff by them more. It just blows me away, and I have complete faith that the band will amaze me with whatever they do. I just want it to be fresh.

i think you got that with s & a. they were coming off of feedback and were influenced by the simplicity of the songs. i honestly don't know what to expect. who knows if they want to try anything new or are influenced by anything or anyone right now.

Whatever the f**k they put on it smile.gif

QUOTE (Xanadude69 @ Sep 22 2009, 08:53 PM)
1 guitar, 1 bass, drums, couple of synth elements thrown in there, ONE Geddy singing. and some good old fashioned Rock n' roll. I could care less about the lyrics.

This.

Except I do care about the lyrics. In fact, if the lyrics aren't well written, I probably won't like the album, but Neil normally doesn't let down in this regard.

trink39.gif 653.gif

I'd like it to ROCK more, please. That's all.

Faster, more energetic songs. Signature riffs and fills. Synths, something unusual and dramatic, or luscious or nostalgic. Moog Taurus.

Lerxst everywhere, not layers of lersxt-that-was. Piercing wails, multiple personality guitar tones and licks and textures and grooves and riffs and motifs and solos and, and, and...

No chorus-of-Geddy's. Harmonies, of course, but more Geddy up front, in-your-face, melodic and mellow, tongue-in-cheek or cold distant contemptuous comedy. Or some new side of this multi-talented melodian.

Neil to be clean and pure, biting not jaded, inspired not contrived -- on drums/triggered sounds and especially lyrically. No holds barred, yet somehow still primal and grounded while remaining critical and educated, cynical yet cautiously hopeful.

In other words, what they used to be in the prime of their angst, when the magic chemistry came together in a sometimes cheesy, more often classic, way that defined the age rather than submitted to it. Epics would be great, great songs better, shining conviction best.

Too much to ask? 1022.gif

More real Prog. A 15minute tune with 6 or seven different parts.

QUOTE (ReflectedLight @ Sep 22 2009, 04:07 PM)
didn't you hear, rush is taking requests on how they should play and what style on the next album. tell them what you want and don't want.

No, I didn't hear. Where did you hear it?

QUOTE (Gompers @ Sep 22 2009, 09:55 PM)
QUOTE (ReflectedLight @ Sep 22 2009, 04:07 PM)
didn't you hear, rush is taking requests on how they should play and what style on the next album.  tell them what you want and don't want.

No, I didn't hear. Where did you hear it?

just being sarcastic but who knows maybe alex is bored and is reading this stuff.

Definitely at least one epic: perhaps a "La Villa Strangiato Pt2", along with one or two ballsy guitar/drums riffs in the same vein as "Malignant Narcisissm", "Main Monkey Business", "Where's My Thing" and "Earthshine". And then something really soft and poignant like "Losing It" or "Ghost Riders"

yes.gif

Archived