2 New Recordings...feedback please

I own a recording studio and just produced these two new tracks.

Looking for feedback on these two new recordings. You can hear them here:

Can't Be Wrong

It's A Secret

All songs copyright 'Beat Poet Music', 2005

MK

it's a secret: little moments of rush! interesting directions in the music. lyrics make me want to hurl. that song would be awesome if alex was playing the guitar lines. yes.gif

is this production for CD release? demo? self-promotion? hehe

QUOTE (daveyt @ Mar 16 2005, 01:05 AM)
it's a secret: little moments of rush! interesting directions in the music. lyrics make me want to hurl. that song would be awesome if alex was playing the guitar lines. yes.gif

Dude, this has nothing to do with Rush. I recorded some music over the last few weeks and was looking for some feedback on the quality. This is Not my song writting but my engineering, thats all. Blow chunks all you want, just asking if it sounds ok on your little crappy 2 speaker computer speakers?

That's all, just quality check here.

Oh yeah, does that sound like a 'demo' ? Don't think so.

Edited by launchpad67a

Can't Be Wrong:

But the drums are! Or shall I say drum amchine? Totally wrecks the composition. It is a good song. I love the guy's voice. I'd like to hear it without the drum machine. It is stepping all over the arrangement by lack of subtlety and dynamics. There is so much potential here. I would like to hear some nice hand percussion, a tambourine, a shaker, congas. The occasional cymbal. I think they would suit the arrangement much better. Sparse and selective though, to enhance the melodies and support the arrangement rhythmically. Most of the tones are fairly round. Everything sounds good except the drum machine. This song could do very nicely.

It's A Secret:

Well it's recorded well. I am hearing occasional jumps, don't know if that is the mp3 or punches. Victim of over equalization. The cymbals and vocal are a bit too bright. Not my taste for material though.

But that's me.

Edited by CygnusX-1Bk2

QUOTE (CygnusX-1Bk2 @ Mar 16 2005, 02:43 AM)
Can't Be Wrong:
But the drums are! Or shall I say drum amchine? Totally wrecks the composition. It is a good song. I love the guy's voice. I'd like to hear it without the drum machine. It is stepping all over the arrangement by lack of subtlety and dynamics. There is so much potential here. I would like to hear some nice hand percussion, a tambourine, a shaker, congas. The occasional cymbal. I think they would suit the arrangement much better. Sparse and selective though, to enhance the melodies and support the arrangement rhythmically. Most of the tones are fairly round. Everything sounds good except the drum machine. This song could do very nicely.

It's A Secret:
Well it's recorded well. I am hearing occasional jumps, don't know if that is the mp3 or punches. Victim of over equalization. The cymbals and vocal are a bit too bright. Not my taste for material though.

But that's me.

I have no idea what you're really talking about biggrin.gif but that post right there is why you're the mod in this forum and why we pay you the big bucks.

smile.gif

Thanks Cyg and s,

Yeah, the drum machine is a bummer but the client didn't want real drums at the time, now might be a different story. The artist is so talented, great writer, player and vocalist! I recorded 11 songs for this artist, so there's more to hear if interested.

It's a secret is not really my bag either, just a paying client. I need to re-master it, might have gotten a little carried away with L2 Ultramaximizer and eq.

Thanks for the listen.

QUOTE (launchpad67a @ Mar 16 2005, 01:18 AM)
QUOTE (daveyt @ Mar 16 2005, 01:05 AM)

Dude, this has nothing to do with Rush. I recorded some music over the last few weeks and was looking for some feedback on the quality. This is Not my song writting but my engineering, thats all. Blow chunks all you want, just asking if it sounds ok on your little crappy 2 speaker computer speakers?

That's all, just quality check here.

Oh yeah, does that sound like a 'demo' ? Don't think so.

i know this is about engineering mr but i couldn't help but think of rush when i heard the drum splash sad.gif

i'll go kill myself now wink.gif

Edited by daveyt

Your talent is obviously apparant launchpad but I can't help feel you answered that post by Daveyt in quite a rude way.

Anywho both well recorded and engineered and yeah the drum machine is a bit annoying.

Oh yeah and bravo you managed to instill these recordings with some life wink.gif

Most recordings these days seem lifeless and have no energy.

(please post more by the it's a secret people cause it's an awesome song)

"Cant be Wrong": I thought the voice sounded a little thin for this style of music.

also I could hear and almost "wavy" effect similar to "chorus" but without the pitch shift.

I cant spell

Edited by My_Shrimp_Cot

Dude.. I can't stop listening to It's A Secret and Shining Seas

Such interesting use of melody I love the poppy hooks as well. And the funky guitar chords in IAS.

Well mixed as well cool.gif