na na na na na na

tangy

I can think of several songs that make use of the word "na" in the chorus?

this strikes me as a little strange. i guess it sounds ok but is it just filler? what other nonsensical words are used in choruses?

list songs that do this.

steely dan- change of the guard

"Lovin', Touchin', Squeezin'" by Journey

A huge hit and nearly half the song was "na na na na na nana. . ."

music.gif Na na na na na na na na na na na hey Jude music.gif

QUOTE (fledgehog @ Sep 10 2009, 12:16 PM)
I think some people fail to distinguish between "lyrics" and "vocals"

fair enough. why don't you give me a detailed description distinguishing the two please for my enlightenment.......

the beach boy- good vibrations!

Not na na na na na .... but Ozzy in Sabbath used "Oh Yeah" in a couple of different different.

How about songs that use whoaoa I can't think of any but I know I have heard that a lot in songs

QUOTE (tangy @ Sep 10 2009, 01:22 PM)

fair enough. why don't you give me a detailed description distinguishing the two please for my enlightenment.......

the way i see it, lyrics are always like...actual words. things like na na's, yeah's, ah's, ooh's, etc.... are still vocals (in that they are being sung), but for the most part they are used in either a rhythmic sense or a melodic sense, and are not meant to contribute to the meaning of the song.

QUOTE (fledgehog @ Sep 10 2009, 02:27 PM)

the way i see it, lyrics are always like...actual words. things like na na's, yeah's, ah's, ooh's, etc.... are still vocals (in that they are being sung), but for the most part they are used in either a rhythmic sense or a melodic sense, and are not meant to contribute to the meaning of the song.

I can live with that. Maybe lyrics wasn't the greatest choice of words for the thread but its a strange topic to begin with. I guess my take is i have seen na na na written down as lyrics and some songs use na na in the titles?

QUOTE (tangy @ Sep 10 2009, 12:37 PM)
QUOTE (fledgehog @ Sep 10 2009, 02:27 PM)

I can live with that. Maybe lyrics wasn't the greatest choice of words for the thread but its a strange topic to begin with. I guess my take is i have seen na na na written down as lyrics and some songs use na na in the titles?

Don't listen to fledge, he's just angry he can't listen to the trainwreck that is his Beatles "remastered" box set til saturday. tongue.gif

Nobody, not even the OP, has yet mentioned the most famous use of the "na na na" in music...

Wilson Pickett's "Land of 1000 Dances." The whole chorus is "na na na..."

(Perhaps you don't know the song by the title, but trust me, YOU'D KNOW IT IF YOU HEARD IT. Click the link.)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Kk4Uwge4DzQ

QUOTE (GeddyRulz @ Sep 10 2009, 03:48 PM)
Nobody, not even the OP, has yet mentioned the most famous use of the "na na na" in music...

Wilson Pickett's "Land of 1000 Dances." The whole chorus is "na na na..."

(Perhaps you don't know the song by the title, but trust me, YOU'D KNOW IT IF YOU HEARD IT. Click the link.)

well i was gonna say that i was leaving the low hanging fruit but i did forget about this song! watching it now! trink39.gif what a great tune.

I think the gary glitter song may be the most famous na na na song?

how did the use of na na na become so widespread?

QUOTE (tangy @ Sep 10 2009, 05:29 PM)
QUOTE (GeddyRulz @ Sep 10 2009, 03:48 PM)

Wilson Pickett's "Land of 1000 Dances."  The whole chorus is "na na na..."

(Perhaps you don't know the song by the title, but trust me, YOU'D KNOW IT IF YOU HEARD IT.  Click the link.)

well i was gonna say that i was leaving the low hanging fruit but i did forget about this song! watching it now! trink39.gif what a great tune.

I think the gary glitter song may be the most famous na na na song?

how did the use of na na na become so widespread?

I like Ted Nugent's version as well 1022.gif

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4q82OsBs0EU

Archived