-HailNeilPeart-, drummer

GhostGirl

QUOTE (GhostGirl @ Dec 10 2009, 09:25 PM)
Well, no video (yet) but here's my boy, all dressed up for his first-ever performance as a percussionist last Sunday (his first "real" tie too). He did GREAT! Not a single mistake, and the percussion solos were the highlight, of course. wink.gif

Tell him we all said congratulations!

Also....he should post more! yes.gif

• Replies 101
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Here's Kerry doing his darnedest to play TSOR...the sound is terrible, because this video was taken with my camera, but I think he's doing pretty good for a beginner.

You'll hear me toward the end of the clip trying to get him to twirl the sticks (because he can) but he ignores me. laugh.gif

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v297/RushBabe/th_102_0007.jpg

If he keeps going like this. . .early retirement for Mom & Dad? laugh.gif Seriously, really seeing the payoff from all the work.

Yes, we need to see the stick twirl! And later on, the toss. yes.gif

QUOTE (Mara @ Jan 4 2010, 11:52 PM)
1022.gif applaudit.gif
Awesome! I love the intense expression on his face. He's so into it. . .

YEAH I thought the same thing...is his hero Neil as well?

Rock on, Kerry! 1022.gif Nicely done! yes.gif applaudit.gif new_thumbsupsmileyanim.gif

Thanks guys. smile.gif I know he definitely has a lot of learning to do, but he loves playing so much. We're looking into lessons for him.

Now, I've got to get this kid to a Rush show! He has his heart set on it this time around. smile.gif

QUOTE (GhostGirl @ Apr 12 2010, 11:30 AM)
Thanks guys. smile.gif I know he definitely has a lot of learning to do, but he loves playing so much. We're looking into lessons for him.

Now, I've got to get this kid to a Rush show! He has his heart set on it this time around. smile.gif

The fact that he loves doing it can only inspire him to get better and better.

ROCK ON KERRY! NeilFinal.gif 1022.gif

QUOTE (-HailNeilPeart- @ Jun 11 2010, 09:24 PM)
Hey everybody! I recently got my name changed form LegoKid to -HailNeilPeart-. By the way, you should hail him too!(:

I make sure to pay homage to the Professor on a daily basis!

Congrats on the new username and on all of your accomplishments this past year. I'm impressed with your progress, and perhaps more importantly, your work ethic. Good job.

New member title bestowed by mom, borrowed from FB...

QUOTE (-HailNeilPeart- @ Jun 12 2010, 01:24 AM)
Hey everybody! I recently got my name changed form LegoKid to -HailNeilPeart-. By the way, you should hail him too!(:

new_thumbsupsmileyanim.gif 1022.gif NeilFinal.gif Good on ya!

QUOTE (realomind @ Jun 12 2010, 12:50 PM)
QUOTE (-HailNeilPeart- @ Jun 12 2010, 01:24 AM)

new_thumbsupsmileyanim.gif 1022.gif NeilFinal.gif Good on ya!

Heck Yeah!!!

and Mom? way to go!!

I can't believe this thread is from 2009.

Anyway, I changed the title and thought I'd post a video of Kerry playing with the 7th/8th grade jazz band - he's one of the only 7th graders.

Sorry if the audio sucks - this is from my regular camera, not a specific video camera.

"Louie Louie" biggrin.gif Click to watch.

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v297/RushBabe/th_102_0823.jpg

I looked back at the first posts in this thread, with pictures. My, how kids change in less than 2 years' time:

2009:

http://hphotos-snc1.fbcdn.net/hs160.snc1/5974_120282984471_652604471_2357462_2659022_n.jpg

2011:

user posted image

1022.gif

I hope this link works...

Kerry's first recorded solo, obviously modeled after Neil's...but in my opinion the kid is pretty good, especially since he's only had his kit for less than 2 years. (He admits to too much showboating with the twirling...he's just gotten into the habit of it. laugh.gif )

https://www.facebook.com/home.php#!/vid...610430&comments

Let me know if you can't see the video on FB, and I'll put it on Photobucket or YouTube.

QUOTE (GhostGirl @ Jun 19 2011, 11:05 PM)
I hope this link works...

Kerry's first recorded solo, obviously modeled after Neil's...but in my opinion the kid is pretty good, especially since he's only had his kit for less than 2 years.  (He admits to too much showboating with the twirling...he's just gotten into the habit of it. laugh.gif )

https://www.facebook.com/home.php#!/vid...610430&comments

Let me know if you can't see the video on FB, and I'll put it on Photobucket or YouTube.

This video either has been removed from Facebook or is not visible due to privacy settings.

that's the msg i got from f book

sad.gif

Edited by BeOhBe Bob