Bryan Adams and Def Leppard

ALifeson85

Me and a few friends just got tickets to see Bryan Adams and Def Leppard over the weekend. Were going MAINLY for Def Leppard, but I have a question...has anyone here seen Bryan Adams live before? I don't know TOO much of his music, and just would like to know how he is in concert...or just how most of his music is, in general. But either way, I'm going for Def Leppard. I LOVE Def Leppard, and have been a fan since i can remember. I'm sure it's gonna be an awesome show, either way! smile.gif common001.gif

-Matt

Edited by ALifeson85

I saw Bryan Adams open up for Journey back in 1983, for his Cuts Like a Knife album. He was awesome. I have no idea how he'd be today.

The Canadian government apoligized for Bryan Adams on several occasions. Just kiddin, that's a qoute from the Southpark movie.

I like a couple Bryan Adams songs. "Cut's like a knife" is ok, "Summer is 69" isn't bad but the one I like is "Run to you"....Back in the 80's my first band played that one. laugh.gif

Def leppard, do they still have Vivian Cambell? He's a great guitar player, he doesn't get to show off his lead guitar skills in Def Leppard but believe me, he can SHRED!!!

Edited by Indica

I must admit, I did see Bryan Adams back in 1987 <slinks away in shame>

From my hazy ( cool10.gif ) memory, he actually is a decent live performer if you care for his music. I don't know if he still has the same band, but I was particularly impressed with his guitarist. That guy had a great sound, played very clean and reproduced his studio work with amazing accuracy (if you care about that sort of thing). For a Bryan Adams show, I guess it was pretty good.

I saw B. Adams in 1987 too. (Hey, my best friend at the time was in love w/ him. I went so she didn't have to go alone!!!) I honestly don't remember much else except that I had just gotten my back brace and mom made me wear it to the concert. So I was mostly miserable. sad.gif

QUOTE (Indica @ Mar 14 2005, 12:07 AM)
The Canadian government apoligized for Bryan Adams on several occasions. Just kiddin, that's a qoute from the Southpark movie.

I like a couple Bryan Adams songs. "Cut's like a knife" is ok, "Summer is 69" isn't bad but the one I like is "Run to you"....Back in the 80's my first band played that one. laugh.gif

Def leppard, do they still have Vivian Cambell? He's a great guitar player, he doesn't get to show off his lead guitar skills in Def Leppard but believe me, he can SHRED!!!

As far as I know, VC is still with the guys. I saw him when he was touring live with Whitesnake back in the 80's. VC, Rudy Sarzo on bass, and Tommy Aldridge on drums. Phenominal band!!

Vivian is one hell of a guitarist.

oh and btw - I liked Bryan Adams in the beginning when he actually recorded rock music. Before he 'jumped the shark' and started making records with Barbra Streisand and 'rip your skin off' trio ballads with fellow sell outs Sting and Rod Stewart. 062802puke_prv.gif

QUOTE (BackStagePass @ Mar 14 2005, 11:31 AM)
They shared the same producer once; Robert John 'Mutt' Lang.

dude, he's everywhere!! ohmy.gif

i'd love to see Def Leppard live..is Rick Allen still playing live for them?

There is a strong connection betweeen Bryan Adams and Def Leppard. They shared the same producer once; Robert John 'Mutt' Lang.

A lot of songs wriiten around this time could easily have been performed by either artist.

John Mutt lange also is who put AC-DC on the map, and a few other bands too. I especially like his wife, not her music but I like her lol.

drool1.gif http://www.suarakl.com/WP/Music/Shania%20Twain.jpg

http://www.shania-twain.co.uk/uppromos/1.jpg

Edited by Indica

QUOTE (barney_rebel @ Mar 14 2005, 12:07 PM)
I liked Corey Hart better than Adams.

Don't be afraid of the guy in shades. cool.gif

Whatever happened to him? Does he still record in Canada? I have not heard of him since the late 80's I think.

I liked that song "Never Surrender". It's awesome.

QUOTE (paganoman @ Mar 14 2005, 12:20 PM)
QUOTE (barney_rebel @ Mar 14 2005, 12:07 PM)
I liked Corey Hart better than Adams.

Don't be afraid of the guy in shades. cool.gif

Whatever happened to him? Does he still record in Canada? I have not heard of him since the late 80's I think.

I liked that song "Never Surrender". It's awesome.

He had a few new singles a few years ago - think had a small tour...

He's around - married a singer from Quebec and had a family. Last I heard he was living in the Caribbean for a while.

QUOTE (Indica @ Mar 14 2005, 04:50 PM)
There is a strong connection betweeen Bryan Adams and Def Leppard. They shared the same producer once; Robert John 'Mutt' Lang.

A lot of songs wriiten around this time could easily have been performed by either artist.

John Mutt lange also is who put AC-DC on the map, and a few other bands too. I especially like his wife, not her music but I like her lol.

drool1.gif http://www.suarakl.com/WP/Music/Shania%20Twain.jpg

http://www.shania-twain.co.uk/uppromos/1.jpg

I was also quite partial to his ex-wife

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v110/Jimyyz2112/Misc/sl.jpg

Who,. may I say, was a better singer

QUOTE (Indica @ Mar 14 2005, 12:07 AM)
I like a couple Bryan Adams songs. "Cut's like a knife" is ok, "Summer is 69" isn't bad but the one I like is "Run to you"....Back in the 80's my first band played that one.  laugh.gif

Bryan Adams was very listenable on those two eighties albums. He was basic, but he rocked. "Run To You" is a real good song. Then he started wimping out by doing ballads for movie soundtracks and it was all downhill from there. He did a duet with Barbara Streisand. 'Nuff said.

I always liked his voice, it has that ruff edge to it, and the early 80's was good for Adams, but I'll have to agree with 1001 here.. Doing the movie soundtrack stuff probably made him $$$ but it's sappy sappy sappy.. I didn't even know he was still doing music until I heard him on the soundtrack to the movie "Spirit" (annimated movie) from around 2002.. I have to admit, although it is kind of a touchy-feely movie, the music is not bad..

trink39.gif