Modern Drummer

tangy

Fascinating.

I never would have imagined that a Flaming Lips bandmember could be a Rush fan. There's a gulf or difference between the two, but it's cool.

I saw Mastodon back in may. Brann is a fantastic drummer. I like how Neil inspired him to do both, write lyrics and drum. If you have never checked out any mastodon, you might want to do so.

Apparently those 3 drummers interviewed are just a few of many that will be quoted in the next edition. Should be fun to what they have to say about Neil!

That was interesting....I'd never heard of those guys (Had heard of their bands though) and I love to hear of other drummers giving accolades to Neil.

From what I see, it is ridiculous article. I have never heard of any of these kids except Zonder. I am guessing Portnoy will have to be one of the 30.

Why has Neil been on the cover of Modern Drummer at least 7 times and Louie Bellson not made a cover tribute story? ohmy.gif

Why have the following drummers/percussionists never made the cover and more than deserve to?:

Clive Bunker

Barriemore Barlow

Mark Craney

Doane Perry

Graham Lear

Michael Shreve

Ian Paice

Michael Giles

Jamie Muir

Evelyn Glennie

Ian Wallace

Brian Davison

John Marshall

Pierre Moerlen

Mike Clarke

Frank Katz

Chuck Burgi

Toss Panos

Pierre van der Linden

Cozy Powell

Andy Parker

Gary McCracken

Jerry Mercer

Tony Smith

Pete Gill

Nigel Glocker

Tommy Campbell

Bobby Rondinelli

Gil Moore

Alphonse Mouzon

Mark Mondesir

Ralph Humphreys

??????????????????????????????????????

A lot (not all) of these guys are just as good, if not better than Neil. Certainly many of the jazz drummers listed are much more proficient. And a lot of these guys were out gigging around the world when Neil was hawking on Carnaby St. rofl3.gif

Archived