Burress Agrees To 2 Year Prison Term

QUOTE (Rush Cocky @ Aug 20 2009, 11:30 AM)
I hate New York politics. I will never EVER live there.

Two years in the slammer for CARRYING a gun. Unbelieveable. angry.gif

Yeah! Two years on top of the punishment he already inflicted upon himself! laugh.gif

Vick got the same sentence for killing and torturing dogs that Plaxico got for accidentally shooting himself in the leg. The sentence was an appropriate amount of time for Vick. To think Plaxico is anywhere near on the same level is ridiculous, especially since Stallworth got 30 days for killing a dude driving drunk.

Plex should be let go. I mean all he did was shoot himself in the leg! I am sure he has forgiven himself for that! rofl3.gif

Vick should have gotten at least 5 years at hard labor. Then he should have had to do community service cleaning out areas for Tigers at zoos and maybe one day one would "accidentally" eat him! rofl3.gif

I can't believe Stallworth only got 30 days.

He got two years for shooting himself in the leg. What a joke. Justice all too often makes no sense. confused13.gif

pretty sure the charges were more than for just shooting himself in the leg.

if nothing else he should be charged with felonious stupidity.

in the meantime non-violent people are sitting in jail for much longer periods of time just because they were caught with...........

I do not understand this "He only shot himself" argument.

He was carrying a loaded weapon in a public place.

He was carrying a loaded weapon across state lines

A weapon he had no business carrying.

He carried it in his sweatpants--it was not safely holstered.

The weapon was discharged.

He carried this loaded weapon for one reason only, to be a thug.

He had complete disregard for public safety. He lied about his identity at the hospital

etc etc....

By grace alone he didn't injure or kill anyone.

he deserves his sentence, end of story.

(and if you don't know, and if it matters, I'm a life long Giant fan...watching right now actually)

QUOTE (Queen of Megadon @ Aug 22 2009, 08:19 PM)

That is a rather judgmental and if I may ignorant statement. I would urge you to prove this.

OR......could it possibly be he was carrying what he thought was a legal gun (he was mistaken) for PROTECTION? Many people (obviously not you) still do this.

QUOTE (Rush Cocky @ Aug 22 2009, 09:26 PM)
QUOTE (Queen of Megadon @ Aug 22 2009, 08:19 PM)

That is a rather judgmental and if I may ignorant statement. I would urge you to prove this.

OR......could it possibly be he was carrying what he thought was a legal gun (he was mistaken) for PROTECTION? Many people (obviously not you) still do this.

The facts speak for themselves

Ignorant? Honestly, ignorant is people carrying guns around thinking they're going to stop a crime in progress, or really thinking that they'll be able to stop someone from shooting them. When does that ever really happen? (besides businesses and home invasions)

First of all, protect himself from WHAT? He's a very big, very famous man in a very public place.

You think anyone is going to mess with him physically? Um, no.

Next, if, in fact, someone wanted to shoot him, they would. It wouldn't be guns drawn at noon ya know. Someone would either do it from across a room, or get up close and do it. When is he pulling out his gun to protect himself? He's not.

He carried a concealed illegal weapon as a thug carries it. Not safely as a responsible citizen would carry a legal firearm.

He's rich and famous, get a bodyguard if he feels threatened. Or leave the "bling" at home. Or dont go to places where he feels threatened. He had many choices, and made the wrong one.

And just so you know, in case it matters, I was raised to shoot and respect guns. I know how to hold one, shoot one, load one etc. I just simply know of no reason to own one.

Way to hide behind your dumbass law rather than have a real discussion on the topic. Speaking of law, the Second Amendment to the Constitution of the United States allows private citizens the right to bear arms. You should go read that. But that wasn't really my point.

If a black man takes a gun into a club he gets labeled a thug.

If a white man does the same thing, he gets labeled a redneck.

What do you call a latino man who does the same thing, a disgruntled menial laborer? And at what point do the labels stop?

Bottom line, calling a person a thug because they fit your stereotype of what a thug should be is classic prejudice.

End of discussion.

QUOTE (Rush Cocky @ Aug 24 2009, 11:25 AM)
Way to hide behind your dumbass law rather than have a real discussion on the topic. Speaking of law, the Second Amendment to the Constitution of the United States allows private citizens the right to bear arms. You should go read that. But that wasn't really my point.

What do you call a latino man who does the same thing, a disgruntled menial laborer? And at what point do the labels stop?

Bottom line, calling a person a thug because they fit your stereotype of what a thug should be is classic prejudice.

End of discussion.

you should come and live on my block or in my neighborhood for a while and we'll see if you preach the same line.

QUOTE (Rush Cocky @ Aug 24 2009, 11:25 AM)

End of discussion.

She labeled him a thug because he is a thug. I know some black people that will tell you the same thing. Just because he's not white doesn't make him a sacred cow against such accusations. He acts like a thug.

He was involved in a domestic disturbance case in Sept. of '08 in which temporary restraining orders were set in place.

I don't know of one state that allows firearms where liquor is served. His dumb ass belongs in the clink for a little while at least. Two years seems reasonable. I would've gotten much worse if I had pull the same dumbass move.

Please don't make excuses for this asshole.

I wonder what percentage of NFL players have a criminal record.....?

Anyone?

Would 20% be too high an estimate?

QUOTE (ReflectedLight @ Sep 24 2009, 05:22 PM)
QUOTE (-D-RocK- @ Sep 24 2009, 06:14 PM)
I wonder what percentage of NFL players have a criminal record.....?

Anyone?

Would 20% be too high an estimate?

NFL

National Felons League

laugh.gif

I feel so bad for his family. I saw a pic of his son crying and it really got to me.

QUOTE (Rush Cocky @ Sep 28 2009, 11:51 AM)
QUOTE (metaldad @ Sep 25 2009, 11:43 AM)
I feel so bad for his family. I saw a pic of his son crying and it really got to me.

Yep, I agree. Tears me up when I saw that.

No way in hell justice was done here. angry.gif

The moron should of thought of that before bringing a loaded handgun into NYC. Once again, it is a MANDATORY jail sentence for carrying a loaded handgun in NYC. While i feel sorry for his kid, Burress is a selfish prick who put his own self interest instead of his families.

Archived