Trailer For 'The Fourth Kind'

Jack Aubrey

OK, you folks know I'm a hardcore skeptic and I don't believe in little green men, but I have to admit that all of those "alien abduction" stories make good fodder for a horror movie if done right. 'Fire in the Sky' tried, and had some genuinely creepy moments, but was ultimately unsatisfying. Now though, we may finally get a good chiller and all that UFO crap will finally be put to good use. That's enough of me, go watch the trailer, it's pretty damned creepy. Bonus: it's got the always-lovely Milla Jovovich. You know, I met her once right before she became famous. If you're nice to me I'll tell you the story sometime.

'The Fourth Kind'.

Oh yeah, about halfway through the trailer, some scientist starts babbling on about how "rocketships" have been found carved on ancient Sumerian tombs. I hate to burst anyone's bubble, but those aren't rocketships; they're phalluses which were an important fertility symbol in Sumerian culture. See, that's the advantage of having a Mod who's also an historian, a little extra bang for your buck. Aren't you glad you come here?

Looks cool...Thanks Jack.

A - Trailer looks very interesting.... I heart.gif Milla, but my restraining order prevents me from telling her so anymore.

B - Jack - I got a big kick out of reading your run down on the movie - very amusing!

C - This doesn't look much like a penis to me. LOL

http://mathildasweirdworldweblog.files.wordpress.com/2008/10/annunaki.jpg

Edited by Godeater2112

QUOTE (Godeater2112 @ Aug 16 2009, 02:01 PM)
A - Trailer looks very interesting.... I heart.gif Milla, but my restraining order prevents me from telling her so anymore.

B - Jack - I got a big kick out of reading your run down on the movie - very amusing!

C - This doesn't look much like a penis to me. LOL

http://mathildasweirdworldweblog.files.wordpress.com/2008/10/annunaki.jpg

It's stylized.

Thanks for the kind words, sir! I love to make people laugh.

QUOTE (Test4VitalSigns @ Nov 9 2009, 05:39 PM)
Just came back from seeing this....pretty creepy stuff.

IMO this movie was much more effective than Paranormal Activity. (As far as presenting the film as allegedly  "real" events.

I read a bad review, but would still like to see it anyway.

And disregard the fact Larry King praised it, from the trailer clip Jack posted.... Far as we know Larry King might be an Alien 300 Earth Years old! yes.gif tongue.gif

Edited by softfilter

QUOTE (1-0-0-1-0-0-1 @ Nov 10 2009, 02:37 AM)
Can I assume the title is a nod to "Close Encounters Of The Third Kind"?

You are correct. This movie supposedly goes one step further than the '3rd kind' did. According to some references, there are as many as 7 kinds of close encounters. Here are the last 3...

The 5th kind: Regular interaction with extraterrestrial intelligence. Kind of like if the government, or any human actually, had/have contact on a regular basis. Hey babes, set the table for 5 tonight, we've got guests coming over. AlienSmiley.gif tongue.gif

The 6th kind: Any kind of extraterrestrial contact that results in direct injury or death. I guess it doesn't matter whether it's accidental, or on purpose. laugh.gif

The 7th kind: Human-Alien hybridisation. In which the theory goes that extraterrestrials may have interacted, and even interbred with humans at some point, past or present. mm alien booty 1022.gif

Edited by SiriusRushFan

QUOTE (1-0-0-1-0-0-1 @ Nov 10 2009, 01:37 AM)

Not directly to the movie per se....the third kind means contact with alien life forms...fourth is abduction.

The first kind is a sighting of a UFO.

The second kind is when physical evidence is left behind; like landing sites or radiation readings, etc...

These categories were created by a famed UFO investigator Allen Hynek in the 70's (BTW Hynek has a cameo in Close Encounters). Spielberg named his flick using third kind as it deals with contact.

QUOTE (Test4VitalSigns @ Nov 10 2009, 03:04 AM)

Not directly to the movie per se....the third kind means contact with alien life forms...fourth is abduction.

The second kind is when physical evidence is left behind; like landing sites or radiation readings, etc...

These categories were created by a famed UFO investigator Allen Hynek in the 70's (BTW Hynek has a cameo in Close Encounters). Spielberg named his flick using third kind as it deals with contact.

So is the fourth kind like getting to third base?

QUOTE (workingcinderellaman @ Nov 10 2009, 11:12 AM)

Then, who's on first?

QUOTE (1-0-0-1-0-0-1 @ Nov 10 2009, 01:14 PM)
QUOTE (workingcinderellaman @ Nov 10 2009, 11:12 AM)

Then, who's on first?

All I know is I Don't Know is in the know......or something like that.

It looks interesting.

I just hope it ain't another piece of crap glossed over by a flashy trailer.

QUOTE (Test4VitalSigns @ Nov 10 2009, 06:51 PM)
If you don't like Paranormal Activity you probably wouldn't like this one....though I think it is better than PA as far as how they filmed it.

It does look better in that sense as far as the trailer goes... but I know better than anyone that trailers are meant to sell the film to suckers and they only show all the good parts of the film. But I still kinda wanna see this one... I hope it's good.

QUOTE (Test4VitalSigns @ Nov 10 2009, 04:04 AM)

The 5th kind is what would happen to the Aliens if they were dumb enough to abduct me. They would never be the same. Just imagine the nightmares they would have for weeks following my departure. atickhum.gif

Edited by tick

QUOTE (tick @ Nov 11 2009, 10:48 PM)

The 5th kind is what would happen to the Aliens were dumb enough to abduct me. They would never be the same. Just imagine the nightmares they would have for weeks following my departure. atickhum.gif

Close Encounters of the Tick Kind

AlienSmiley.gif atickhum.gif

The 5th kind is what would happen to the Aliens if they were dumb enough to abduct me. They would never be the same. Just imagine the nightmares they would have for weeks following my departure. atickhum.gif

Ditto that! They'd be all "holy crap! He's got a gun!" and then I'd shoot my way out.

QUOTE (Jack Aubrey @ Nov 12 2009, 06:43 AM)

Ditto that! They'd be all "holy crap! He's got a gun!" and then I'd shoot my way out.

Uh oh Jack, that would probably lead to the 6th kind, better check my reference to that one before you start firing. tongue.gif waffen093.gif

QUOTE (SiriusRushFan @ Nov 10 2009 @ 03:54 AM)

The 6th kind: Any kind of extraterrestrial contact that results in direct injury or death.  I guess it doesn't matter whether it's accidental, or on purpose. laugh.gif