Wheeeeeeeee !!!!

ladirushfan80

QUOTE (sullysue @ Aug 6 2009, 03:21 PM)
QUOTE (liquidcrystalcompass @ Aug 6 2009, 02:08 PM)
Yeah right.

What? You don't think that could happen?

You big party pooper.

I'm with LCC. In this day and age of convincing digital visual effects, it's easy to fake something like this. I don't think the guy would fly that far, and even if he could, I don't see how you could estimate the exact landing spot from that far away without tons of trial runs -- and from that distance, one miss might hurt a bit.

QUOTE (1-0-0-1-0-0-1 @ Aug 6 2009, 02:34 PM)
Yeah right.

You big party pooper.

I'm with LCC. In this day and age of convincing digital visual effects, it's easy to fake something like this. I don't think the guy would fly that far, and even if he could, I don't see how you could estimate the exact landing spot from that far away without tons of trial runs -- and from that distance, one miss might hurt a bit.

You're both party poopers, then. sad.gif

Remind me to never, ever take either of you to a magic show.

Yeah right.

You big party pooper.

Stuff like this happens all the time. If you don't believe me look at youtube. I saw this video of a guy who made a basket ball shot from like a mile away. It was on youtube.

QUOTE (sullysue @ Aug 6 2009, 02:47 PM)
Yeah right.

You big party pooper.

Lighten up Francis. I like magic shows.

QUOTE (liquidcrystalcompass @ Aug 6 2009, 03:26 PM)
Yeah right.

You big party pooper.

Nope. You blew it. Sorry.

tongue.gif

QUOTE (workingcinderellaman @ Aug 6 2009, 12:20 PM)
Wow, that was cool! They must have had to do some fine calculations to hit that tiny pool. Imagine what would have happened if that guy missed.

I love the internet. smile.gif

maybe they're engineerz new_thumbsupsmileyanim.gif

trink38.gif

QUOTE (sullysue @ Aug 6 2009, 03:34 PM)
Yeah right.

You big party pooper.

tongue.gif

Well. Remind me never to invite you to a comedy club with that attitude you've got going. tongue.gif

QUOTE (liquidcrystalcompass @ Aug 6 2009, 03:46 PM)
QUOTE (sullysue @ Aug 6 2009, 03:34 PM)
Yeah right.

You big party pooper.

tongue.gif

Well. Remind me never to invite you to a comedy club with that attitude you've got going. tongue.gif

Fine.

QUOTE (1-0-0-1-0-0-1 @ Aug 6 2009, 03:34 PM)
Yeah right.

You big party pooper.

I'm with you guys....no f'in way was that real...but that's a hell of slip-n-slide.

QUOTE (workingcinderellaman @ Aug 6 2009, 03:59 PM)
Yeah right.

You big party pooper.

Stuff like this happens all the time. If you don't believe me look at youtube. I saw this video of a guy who made a basket ball shot from like a mile away. It was on youtube.

laugh.gif

QUOTE (1-0-0-1-0-0-1 @ Aug 6 2009, 01:34 PM)
Yeah right.

You big party pooper.

The kicker is that it looks like he gained speed as he was going up the incline. It seems like he should have sped up considerably, then barely made it off the edge.

QUOTE (priest_of_syrinx @ Aug 6 2009, 05:27 PM)
Yeah right.

You big party pooper.

The kicker is that it looks like he gained speed as he was going up the incline. It seems like he should have sped up considerably, then barely made it off the edge.

It's because the incline was really slippery.

QUOTE (1-0-0-1-0-0-1 @ Aug 6 2009, 03:34 PM)
Yeah right.

You big party pooper.

usually, as in this case, the angle the video was filmed at tells a lot.

blah blah blah!

geez... some people can be such a buzz kill !!!

tongue.gif

coy.gif

Regardless, I would still love to get on that particular slip 'n' slide. Those things are awesome!

QUOTE (workingcinderellaman @ Aug 6 2009, 04:56 PM)
QUOTE (priest_of_syrinx @ Aug 6 2009, 05:27 PM)
Yeah right.

You big party pooper.

It's because the incline was really slippery.

I think the obstacle of going against gravity is going to counteract any lack of friction. laugh.gif

First chance that I had to watch this. I wa impressed with the video, but the "jump" has to be fake.

1) The end of the ramp is the same height as the start....maybe a little higher, actually. Friction from the slide would slow him down, and he'd be lucky to even make it to the top of the ramp in real time.

2) When he comes off the top of the ramp, it looks like he's been shot out of a cannon. Again, where did all this speed come from?

Some pretty good visual tricks though.

Archived