Jimi Hendrix

Earthshine

QUOTE (Necromancer @ Aug 13 2009, 05:42 PM)
QUOTE (treeduck @ Aug 12 2009, 04:19 PM)
*Listens to the Hendrix album - South Saturn Delta, wearing a t-shirt depicting Necro as Galactus and in his giant outstretched hand is rushgoober as the silver surfer*

z7shysterical.gif

And you would be who? The Watcher? tongue.gif

laugh.gif rofl3.gif

• Replies 107
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE (Necromancer @ Aug 13 2009, 08:42 PM)
QUOTE (treeduck @ Aug 12 2009, 04:19 PM)
*Listens to the Hendrix album - South Saturn Delta, wearing a t-shirt depicting Necro as Galactus and in his giant outstretched hand is rushgoober as the silver surfer*

z7shysterical.gif

And you would be who? The Watcher? tongue.gif

Yeah, but with a long curly wig on!!

laugh.gif wink.gif

QUOTE (ReRushed @ Aug 13 2009, 07:05 AM)
Have you read the "debate" on this thread? If so, you would know I was being sarcastic! wink.gif

trink39.gif

My sincerest and deepest apologies. I did not read all of it. And I am the one who started it. biggrin.gif

Have a cold Asahi (the best Japanese beer in all of Japan!) on me! trink39.gif

QUOTE (Necromancer @ Aug 11 2009, 11:04 PM)
QUOTE (Blenderhead @ Aug 11 2009, 05:58 PM)
What you aren't recognizing, Necromancer, is that innovation is verifiable. Anyone can look back to see what Hendrix was able to do with the guitar and undoubtedly say he was the first to do this or that. You saying "x's" playing isn't as good as "y's" playing because you don't like it as well means nothing. No matter what your personal position is on Hendrix you will never be able to take away what he did with the guitar.

If you want to argue something make it about whether innovation = greatness.

trink39.gif

What you're not recognizing is that the title of the thread is that Jimi is the KING, which to me, would mean... THE BEST.

I don't agree. I never have, and I never will. He's mediocre at best and his few tricks that you call innovative were either being done by others or would have been anyway. I give him props for playing a righty guitar upside down, without changing strings (IF that's even true) though.

I'm sorry for bringing this up again... But I was reading this thread, and this is one of the dumbest posts I have ever read.

I mean really, Jimi Hendrix was mediocre and only had a few tricks? I assume you don't play guitar, cause that's a very ignorant statement.

Jimi was one of the most natural gifted players ever. What he did with the blues and the electric guitar was out of this world. Not to mention his beautiful chord progressions, awesome riffs and some of the greatest guitar solo's ever recorded. I don't know who your guitar heroes are, but I'm sure they will all agree that Hendrix was awesome. He was not overrated. The man had lots of skills, but what's more important is that he played with lots of soul!

I have immense respect for Hendrix and have had for some time.

There were many that followed and were influenced by him ( and some i believe even better than he was). But he had his own influences from the past too. Rock music was invented in the 50s....without the artists of those early days....none of what followed could have in the same way. People rave on about The Beatles etc.....and yes..i like them too...but who were there influences ?

Hendrix was a guitarist of immense qualities. And sadly not around long enough. But there are so many contenders to that Rock n Roll throne. Like him or not (and i do)...Elvis Presley helped to mould Rock and Rock n Roll ( and other genre's too for that matter ) music into what it became. Without him ( and others like Little Richard, Jerry Lee Lewis, Chuck Berry etc etc) music would be so different. The chances are that we could would still be bopping along to some Jazz 653.gif

Edited by Willow