• Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

SPOILERS

The Great Misdirect in its entirety

brief break/bass noodling

Mordecai

Selkies

White Walls

wow. i know these guys are not popular at TRF but its their loss. BTBAM is the shit. What an insane show.

QUOTE (yyzyy @ Nov 1 2009, 04:02 PM)
going to be seeing them in Jaunary in Toronto. Can't friggin' wait! Gonna be my second time seeing them...BTBAM IS THE SHIT!!

that was my second show too!

I think you are catching the leg of the tour with Scale the summit/Devin Townsend/Cynic as support. I hear Cynic are good and I know STS and DT are incredible. What a line-up.

I've never heard this band before.

But I'm gonna go see them live! Because Devin Townsend and Cynic are opening!!!!!!!!!

And Scale the Summit too? WTF? I just found that out, like, RIGHT NOW, scrolling down. I saw them at Prog Nation. It was great, y'know, textured prog I guess?

QUOTE (Godeater2112 @ Dec 3 2009, 04:26 PM)
I never saw this thread before, so just searched for it as I sit here listening to "Swim to the Moon".  No doubt lots of people into the heavier prog versus Dream Theater sound would *love* this shit.

Great album!

1022.gif

no.gif can't take the cookie monster , they should put warnings on cd's for that......now I sound like Tipper Gore. ohmy.gif

Edited by nappy2112

QUOTE (nappy2112 @ Dec 3 2009, 05:43 PM)
I never saw this thread before, so just searched for it as I sit here listening to "Swim to the Moon".  No doubt lots of people into the heavier prog versus Dream Theater sound would *love* this shit.

Great album!

1022.gif

no.gif can't take the cookie monster , they should put warnings on cd's for that......now I sound like Tipper Gore. ohmy.gif

As a metal head I for one find it refreshing that some of these newer heavier prog bands put a bit more energy into their vocals instead of singing like sissies half the time!

Even VOIVOD-wise I prefer Eric Forrest's screeching vocals to the Denis' conservative style.

tongue.gif

QUOTE (Godeater2112 @ Dec 3 2009, 06:49 PM)
QUOTE (nappy2112 @ Dec 3 2009, 05:43 PM)

Great album!

1022.gif

As a metal head I for one find it refreshing that some of these newer heavier prog bands put a bit more energy into their vocals instead of singing like sissies half the time!

Even VOIVOD-wise I prefer Eric Forrest's screeching vocals to the Denis' conservative style.

tongue.gif

goodpost.gif

Swim to the moon is my favorite song on the disc and the first song ever where I have totally embraced and can sing along with the growls/cookie monster vocals.

the solos during sttm at the 10 minute mark is amazing. its like image and words on steroids.

QUOTE (Godeater2112 @ Dec 3 2009, 06:56 PM)
Oh and if anyone else is digging the heavier prog, I'm totally addicted to a new band called (Sic)monic. Yes I love these guys, occasional Cookie Monster vocals and all!

(Sic)monic Site

Acidic Epiphanies is my favorite track of theirs currently - check it out if you dare!

1022.gif

1022.gif

QUOTE (Rush! @ Dec 3 2009, 04:30 PM)
QUOTE (tangy @ Nov 6 2009, 09:52 AM)
Blake Richardson recording Obfuscation

simply a great up and coming drummer. check him out!

this is what we call a brain.....................

Damn straight.

This guy is a beast behind the kit.

His drumming on Colors and the new one is just out of control.

i think the drumming on TGM is my favorite drumming of the year. So much going on.

Damn I'm getting excited just reading this thread. I have yet to hear this band, but have heard nothing but great things about them. I'm planning to see them with Cynic and Scale the Summit in january....that should be a great show yes.gif

QUOTE (Cygnalschick @ Dec 6 2009, 08:22 PM)
Damn I'm getting excited just reading this thread. I have yet to hear this band, but have heard nothing but great things about them. I'm planning to see them with Cynic and Scale the Summit in january....that should be a great show yes.gif

That's a great lineup you are going to see! Haven't seen Cynic live before but they are an excellent prog metal band.

1022.gif

QUOTE (Cygnalschick @ Dec 6 2009, 07:22 PM)

I saw this show last night in San Antonio! It was damn good, except for the Devin Townsend Project; they were just weird, IMO.

QUOTE (Territorial_Game @ Jan 14 2010, 01:37 PM)
Damn I'm getting excited just reading this thread. I have yet to hear this band, but have heard nothing but great things about them. I'm planning to see them with Cynic and Scale the Summit in january....that should be a great show  yes.gif

I saw this show last night in San Antonio! It was damn good, except for the Devin Townsend Project; they were just weird, IMO.

Awesome! 1022.gif 1022.gif

Devin Townsend is out there but he does have a killer voice. Glad you caught the show.

QUOTE (tangy @ Jan 14 2010, 01:38 PM)
QUOTE (Territorial_Game @ Jan 14 2010, 01:37 PM)
Damn I'm getting excited just reading this thread. I have yet to hear this band, but have heard nothing but great things about them. I'm planning to see them with Cynic and Scale the Summit in january....that should be a great show  yes.gif

Awesome! 1022.gif 1022.gif

Devin Townsend is out there but he does have a killer voice. Glad you caught the show.

He seemed like a really funny guy when they were setting their gear up. Folks around me were having a conversation with him. He's definitely a nut. It was hard to take him seriously when he crossed his eyes screaming about big testicles, though laugh.gif

today at 3 btbam will be live streaming colors in its entirety for free on twitch.tv

http://www.twitch.tv/btbamofficial

they played colors last night too. i enjoyed though there was a technical glitch for a brief moment and they had to restart a song.

btbam is my fave prog metal band in the last 10 years or so. not as keen on their newer stuff but colors. the great misdirect and the parallax 2 records are fantastic. top notch playing.