Best Rush Coverer(?) On Youtube?

Zanadoo

If you're anything like me, free time on the internet means checking out guitar covers of Rush songs on Youtube. I want to know who the good people of TRF like the most.

Personally, I have to go with Seveertrebor. That guy can play some serious guitar. If you've ever seen him you know what I mean.

• Replies 54
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I'm not a drummer, but I love watching Pauliewanna:

His "blooper" videos are lots of fun!

Also there's Martin Periard and another guy called Astrotama.

Apparently Atlantic and UMG (not Anthem) have been total assholes about yanking any vids with Rush music. Paulie's had a shitload of his stuff pulled (I think this is the reason for the weird intros on his vids), and Martin's on something like his 5th account. Both say that they've only had trouble with the Rush material, and for a while it seemed as if ANYTHING Rush was getting targeted for removal.

We used to have a member here who called himself melodic777. He was part of a Rush tribute band. For some reason, you can't find his videos on youtube anymore but trust me... he played bass and keys and he was even BETTER than Geddy. Well.... at least his TONE was.

icon_really_happy_guy.gif

QUOTE (Mara @ Aug 2 2009, 08:23 PM)
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Xe3UIo4TNxM&feature=channel

Apparently Atlantic and UMG (not Anthem) have been total assholes about yanking any vids with Rush music. Paulie's had a shitload of his stuff pulled (I think this is the reason for the weird intros on his vids), and Martin's on something like his 5th account. Both say that they've only had trouble with the Rush material, and for a while it seemed as if ANYTHING Rush was getting targeted for removal.

yeah I've noticed the Rush stuff being pulled too. For a while the Trailer Park Boys with Lifeson in it was pulled, too.

I'd be shocked if it was actually Rush complaining about it. They just don't seem like the kind of guys who would get worked up about that sort of thing.

According to Paulie, some folks have written to Anthem - Anthem swears it isn't them, and that it's out of their control. So it'd be UMG and Atlantic. Plus YouTube is paranoid.

QUOTE (Mara @ Aug 2 2009, 09:23 PM)

Awesome!!!! Fun to watch...

Yeah, Paulie's great. He has several narratives too, which lend an interesting perspective.

QUOTE (Mara @ Aug 2 2009, 08:23 PM)

Apparently Atlantic and UMG (not Anthem) have been total assholes about yanking any vids with Rush music.  Paulie's had a shitload of his stuff pulled (I think this is the reason for the weird intros on his vids), and Martin's on something like his 5th account.  Both say that they've only had trouble with the Rush material, and for a while it seemed as if ANYTHING Rush was getting targeted for removal.

goodpost.gif

Pauliewanna and Martin Periard are awesome! Rays2112 is also great at Rush drum covers.

Watch in Hi-Def. wink.gif

I normally don't watch bass/guitar covers because I am more interested in drums, but entheogenesis is my favorite for bass covers.

Malignant Narcissism

trink39.gif 1022.gif

I havent seen alot of Rush Coverers on youtube, but of what I have seen, Astrotama is a really amazing drummer and can cover Peart amazingly. He is my favorite!

I just watched the Virtual Rush Cover Band on youtube and I enjoyed it alot. They are all great musicians. smile.gif

QUOTE (Rush Cocky @ Aug 3 2009, 07:52 PM)
Jacob Moon! On the roof!

I was really impressed with that one. Very well done.

Yes! Someone posted the link earlier, but here it is again. We had a thread when he put this up on You Tube. I really enjoyed it and hope he plays Cleveland, Ohio someday.

QUOTE (Show Don't Tell @ Aug 3 2009, 08:30 PM)
My favourite coverer has got to be snowdoguk. new_thumbsupsmileyanim.gif

Here's his performance of Between The Wheels: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vAamFbx_CtE

yeah he's really talented.

i would like him so much more if he didn't make those annoying faces...

very talented though trink39.gif

Archived