The Simpsons thread

The Big Money

• Replies 56
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I'm not really a huge Simpsons fan (Family Guy is my fave show, American Dad! is second) but I do dig the newer HD episodes. To be honest season seven of Family Guy was mostly shit except for a few episodes, so I was more excited about watching AD! and Simpsons.

QUOTE (Xanadu93 @ Jul 23 2009, 06:44 PM)
I'm not really a huge Simpsons fan (Family Guy is my fave show, American Dad! is second) but I do dig the newer HD episodes. To be honest season seven of Family Guy was mostly shit except for a few episodes, so I was more excited about watching AD! and Simpsons.

finally someone who isn't gonna bash the simpsons by saying how great family guy is.

Love the simps (check my avatar.....on the 29th) although I really haven't watched them in years...what a great show.

QUOTE (Rush Cocky @ Jul 23 2009, 10:29 PM)
QUOTE (Alex @ Jul 23 2009, 10:45 PM)
A lot of the new episodes can't really make me laugh out loud anymore

This.

Simpsons haven't been good to me for about 15 years now.

Same here. They have jumped the shark.

QUOTE (PuppetKing2112 @ Jul 24 2009, 04:14 PM)
The Simpsons is a f***ing family show by today's standards.

Not by my family standards it's not.

I turn from it if my 5-year-old son if in the room. And he understands why. Ditto Family Guy and South Park (and the like).

I don't look forward to watching The Simpsons anymore. It's simply not as good as it once was, which is impossible, because it used to be the best television had to offer. At its peak, The Simpsons was brilliant and original, one of the best television shows ever.

Now The Family Guy is derivative and flat out unoriginal. I don't understand how a show as uninspired and unfunny as The Family Guy is popular. Oh wait a minute...

QUOTE (Rush Cocky @ Jul 24 2009, 04:19 PM)

I turn from it if my 5-year-old son if in the room. And he understands why. Ditto Family Guy and South Park (and the like).

Prude tongue.gif

jk

QUOTE (Rush Cocky @ Jul 24 2009, 12:19 PM)

Are you kidding me?

The Simpsons is like f***ing Barney compared to Family Guy and South Park.

QUOTE (ReRushed @ Jul 24 2009, 04:23 PM)
I don't look forward to watching The Simpsons anymore. It's simply not as good as it once was, which is impossible, because it used to be the best television had to offer. At its peak, The Simpsons was brilliant and original, one of the best television shows ever.

Now The Family Guy is derivative and flat out unoriginal. I don't understand how a show as uninspired and unfunny as The Family Guy is popular. Oh wait a minute...

Well, probably because there is no such show as "The Family Guy", there is one called "Family Guy", though tongue.gif

QUOTE (bigmoney2112 @ Jul 24 2009, 05:26 PM)
After 20 years the show can't be as good as it was 15 years ago.

OLD SIMPSONS GOOD NEW SIMPSONS BAD 1022.gif

QUOTE (Xanadu93 @ Jul 24 2009, 07:32 PM)
QUOTE (ReRushed @ Jul 24 2009, 04:23 PM)
I don't look forward to watching The Simpsons anymore.  It's simply not as good as it once was, which is impossible, because it used to be the best television had to offer.  At its peak, The Simpsons was brilliant and original, one of the best television shows ever.

Now The Family Guy is derivative and flat out unoriginal.  I don't understand how a show as uninspired and unfunny as The Family Guy is popular.  Oh wait a minute...

Well, probably because there is no such show as "The Family Guy", there is one called "Family Guy", though tongue.gif

eyesre4.gif

Jeez, you got me on a technicality!

The Simpsons is definitely one of the most important television shows of all time. For me, it's been on so long that it's hard to imagine television WITHOUT it. It has definitely lost whatever impact it had a long time ago, but it's still a viable show.

I might be in a minority opinion here, but I think they could have made the show a lot better by letting the characters age. Not one season per year of life necessarily, but just....eventually.

QUOTE (Xanadu93 @ Jul 24 2009, 06:33 PM)
QUOTE (bigmoney2112 @ Jul 24 2009, 05:26 PM)
After 20 years the show can't be as good as it was 15 years ago.

OLD SIMPSONS GOOD NEW SIMPSONS BAD 1022.gif

goodpost.gif

Season 10 was the last great season.

It was too hard to believe we didn't have a Simpsons thread. I did a search and a few results came up, including a Simpsons thread that was started in 2004! ohmy.gif

That said, The Simpsons is probably my favourite TV show! I own seasons 1-12 on DVD. Favourite episode right now? Season 8's "Brother From Another Series" -- the one where Sideshow Bob meets his long lost brother, Cecil. My favourite scene:

Lou: Here's your man, chief.

Chief Wiggam: Cecil? I think not. This looks like the work of crazy old Sideshow Bob.

Lisa: No, chief. Bob's innocent. It's the truth!

Chief Wiggam: The truth, huh? That sounds like the testimony of crazy old Lisa Simpson.

Lou: But Cecil just voluntarily confessed, chief.

Chief Wiggam: That's some good work, Lou. You'll make sergeant for this.

Lou: Uh... I already am sergeant, chief.

Chief Wiggam: Perhaps you are. But I say Bob goes back to jail.

Sideshow Bob: But surely--I mean, I caught Cecil!

Chief Wiggam: Maybe so, but Lou here says you were resisting arrest.

Lou: No I didn't, chief.

Chief Wiggam: Quiet Lou! Or I will bust you down to sergeant so fast, it'll make your head spin!