'2012' parody!

Jack Aubrey

rofl3.gif rofl3.gif rofl3.gif
icon_really_happy_guy.gif icon_really_happy_guy.gif icon_really_happy_guy.gif

QUOTE (Sark @ Jul 9 2009, 08:53 AM)
That was better than the real trailer! rofl3.gif z7shysterical.gif icon_really_happy_guy.gif

It sure is! yes.gif laugh.gif

The best 2012 comment that I have ever read. I got it from another video trailer on the YouTube site.

"At sunrise of December 21st 2012 alot of people will have a dramatic epiphany will.............. shout out "where the earth shattering kaboom!!" like Marvin the Martian lol"

Does Roland Emmerich have any idea how to make a movie that doesn't involve wall-to-wall special effects? Weren't these "let's blow up famous landmarks/end of the world" disaster flicks old and tired as of ten years ago?

That parody was funny, and accurate -- Emmerich didn't learn a thing about plotting and character development in film school. He hasn't made a decent movie (notice I didn't say "good") since 1994's "Stargate."

"2012" feels the same as "ID4" and "Deep Impact.'' This movie's been there and done that. Emmerich and Michael Bay should go back to film school and take classes from Christopher Nolan and Spielberg on how to make a big budget action flick that isn't JUST about the F/X.

QUOTE (1-0-0-1-0-0-1 @ Jul 9 2009, 12:49 PM)
Does Roland Emmerich have any idea how to make a movie that doesn't involve wall-to-wall special effects? Weren't these "let's blow up famous landmarks/end of the world" disaster flicks old and tired as of ten years ago?

That parody was funny, and accurate -- Emmerich didn't learn a thing about plotting and character development in film school. He hasn't made a decent movie (notice I didn't say "good") since 1994's "Stargate."

"2012" feels the same as "ID4" and "Deep Impact.'' This movie's been there and done that. Emmerich and Michael Bay should go back to film school and take classes from Christopher Nolan and Spielberg on how to make a big budget action flick that isn't JUST about the F/X.

but... but... it's a whole new idea. It's about 2012 sarcasm.gif

QUOTE (1-0-0-1-0-0-1 @ Jul 9 2009, 12:49 PM)

goodpost.gif

I got the same feeling when I saw the trailier for it.....in fact, in most movies these days, nobody seems interested in things like great storyline or character development. It's all F/X and the SEX......so no thanks, I expect more for my hard earned dollar.

QUOTE (1-0-0-1-0-0-1 @ Jul 9 2009, 11:49 AM)

goodpost.gif x 100.

In the original trailer for '2012', we've got a scene wherein a plane is flying out low over ground that is collapsing. In real life this would cause a huge downdraft that would pull the plane right out of the air. That alone makes me not want to see this movie. I can suspend disbelief, but I won't tolerate flagrant violations of the laws of physics.

QUOTE (1-0-0-1-0-0-1 @ Jul 9 2009, 10:49 AM)

goodpost.gif

On another note... I love the "Ocean's Eleven" trailer style here.

This movie isn't going to be released until Nov! When I saw this thread I thought, "Oh yeah, I never saw that one. I'll have to stop by blockbuster on the way home and pick it up. It should be good for a laugh." It seems like this move has been advertised forever.