Moments that choke you up

Chasartymac

I t doesn't really choke me up but.... The end of Shawshank Redemption when Andy and Red meet on the beach. It just leaves you with a good feeling.

• Replies 65
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE (Sark @ Apr 9 2005, 12:35 PM)
I t doesn't really choke me up but.... The end of Shawshank Redemption when Andy and Red meet on the beach. It just leaves you with a good feeling.

Wow... I just saw this movie a few days ago in English and it was amazing! That ending scene was perfect. Such a great movie. trink39.gif

"Schindlers List"-My God,i think i,m hard!I watched that film for the first time and i blubbered like a little girl-how do you describe something so awful to people sitting in a cinema house?No matter that you know what went on(if you don't,watch the film)a person cannot be reminded of something so completely horrific without questioning their own place in the world.

I've just been given the bums rush in my job,the future don't look too good for me.

Can you imagine waiting in line to be murdered?

Cough!!!Serious huh?

Watch this film.

Ok....You know that scene in Vacation? When Edna dies....and they tie her to the roof? That happened to me when I was really young.. My Aunt died and they needed to transport her to another state and we didn't have the means to get her there. I didn't mind it so much except I had to ride in the very back of the station wagon and I could see the end of the bag out of the back window....

Nobody mentioned West Side Story?

The rumble when Riff and Bernardo fight?

then the end when chino shoots Tony in the back..

Marie already was convinced Tony was already dead?

Then when Maria was holding Tony in her arms and they sang that tearjerking song..There's a place for us?

Then when Tony died from the gun shoot wound to the back ,Maria took the gun from chino any pointed it at him and said"how many bullets are in this gun? One for you then pointed it at little John and said one for you and then one for me"http://www.websmileys.com/sm/sad/1.gif Sad, Sad.. OSCAR WINNER 1961..

QUOTE (slacker @ Apr 19 2005, 09:45 AM)
Nobody mentioned West Side Story?
The rumble when Riff and Bernardo fight?
then the end when chino shoots Tony in the back..
Marie already was convinced Tony was already dead?
Then when Maria was holding Tony in her arms and they sang that tearjerking song..There's a place for us?
Then when Tony died from the gun shoot wound to the back ,Maria took the gun from chino any pointed it at him and said"how many bullets are in this gun? One for you then pointed it at little John and said one for you and then one for me"http://www.websmileys.com/sm/sad/1.gif Sad, Sad.. OSCAR WINNER 1961..

Oh well, if we're gonna include musicals then I gotta add Carousel. When Billy is a ghost and meets his daughter and then they sing "You'll never walk alone".

Spencer Tracy's speach at the end of "Guess who's coming to dinner" - can anyone stay dry through that scene. Hepburn and Tracy what a couple of great actors!!

Another one that pops to mind, also a racial struggle film, "Remember the Titans" when Gary sees "brother" Julius in hospital when the nurse says "I'm sorry only kin are allowed" Gary say, "Can't you see the family resemblance, that's my brother"