Moments that choke you up

Chasartymac

I cry at the drop of a hat, at most anything...but the only movie that consistently kills me is 'Field Of Dreams'. I suppose the fact that my father died when I was 11 (30 years ago this year), may have something to do with it.

Some people have a downer on Kevin Costner, but in that film he plays it just right and the emotion cranks up at the right time. When I need a good weep, I always watch that movie...

• Replies 65
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE (Brutal Truth @ Mar 14 2005, 10:48 PM)
I cry at the drop of a hat, at most anything...but the only movie that consistently kills me is 'Field Of Dreams'. I suppose the fact that my father died when I was 11 (30 years ago this year), may have something to do with it.

Some people have a downer on Kevin Costner, but in that film he plays it just right and the emotion cranks up at the right time. When I need a good weep, I always watch that movie...

OMG yeah. Playin catch with his dad.

http://fool.exler.ru/sm/cry2.gif

QUOTE (GhostGirl @ Mar 10 2005, 05:21 PM)
"Saving Private Ryan" - a scene with a dying soldier, not more than a boy, calling over and over again for his mother

I haven't seen this movie yet. . . but this just sounds like something that would make me cry sad.gif

"You died on a Saturday Jenny.....If you need anything, I'm right here." That whole scene in Forrest Gump. Wah!!! fists crying.gif

QUOTE (Chasartymac @ Mar 16 2005, 07:47 PM)
In the Abyss, while Ed Harris is dropping to the bottom, he types the words....LOVE YOU, WIFE, to Mary Elisabeth Masterantnaatnatnnatnantn.

ohh man, that makes me cry too, but i haven't seen it in so long!!

what really gets me is when the aliens show why they're not going to drown the earth..because of his message. yes.gif awwww!! biggrin.gif

Edited by happysmiles007

QUOTE (Trance @ Mar 14 2005, 08:13 PM)
"Saving Private Ryan" - a scene with a dying soldier, not more than a boy, calling over and over again for his mother

I haven't seen this movie yet. . . but this just sounds like something that would make me cry sad.gif

It's an amazing film. I'm emotional all the time, but I was very pregnant with my first child when I saw it, and I knew I was carrying a boy...and I just absolutely bawled during that scene. Spielberg makes you feel things like that so strongly.

OK, I got another. It's a cheesy film sure, but I defy anyone to keep a dry eye during the scene in Independance Day when Bill Pullman goes up to his daughter in the hospital and she asks him

'Is mommy sleeping now?'

'Yes, darling, mommy's sleeping'

QUOTE (GhostGirl @ Mar 18 2005, 02:28 PM)

It's an amazing film. I'm emotional all the time, but I was very pregnant with my first child when I saw it, and I knew I was carrying a boy...and I just absolutely bawled during that scene. Spielberg makes you feel things like that so strongly.

I know that scene very well. The only way I'm able to get through it is to visualize the actor (can't remember his name) in his role as Phoebe's brother in Friends.

When he learns about the triplets, and he throws his fists up and shouts "I finally got my band!!"

That scene as well as many others are tough to get through.

QUOTE (paganoman @ Mar 22 2005, 12:23 PM)
QUOTE (GhostGirl @ Mar 18 2005, 02:28 PM)

I know that scene very well. The only way I'm able to get through it is to visualize the actor (can't remember his name) in his role as Phoebe's brother in Friends.

When he learns about the triplets, and he throws his fists up and shouts "I finally got my band!!"

That scene as well as many others are tough to get through.

Giovanni Ribisi

Yeah, I loved him on Friends. smile.gif

the end of "Without a trace"

where shes holdin her packages an sees her son in the road

she throws her packages down an runs to him an hugs him soo tight

agg that scene gets me ALL the time fists crying.gif

Another sad part of Saving Private Ryan was when Giovanni Rabishi's character was hit with the grenade shrapnal (sp?), and the other guys tried to save him as he was lying there bleeding to death..and his last words were him quietly calling for his mom...yea, it was pretty messed up... sad.gif

VERY good movie, though...nontheless yes.gif

-Matt

QUOTE (Sodoff Baldrick @ Mar 22 2005, 02:33 PM)
The end of The Color Purple when Celie and Nettie are reunited, that last scene where they are playing their patty-cake game. I lose it everytime.

Yes, when her son was talking to her, and he was crying, I used to bawl on that one too.

Also, Steel Magnolias, when Shelby is down, and her little boy is crying, and at the end when M'lynn was crying at the cemetary.

Private Ryan - The beginning as Older James is going through the gravestones and he collapses in tears. And the end where Young James is told to earn the gift he has been given, then the return to modern day as he finds the gravestone and asks his wife if he is a good man.

Braveheart - "Freedom" and Bannockburn. For some reason, kena and bagpipe music gets to me too.

LOTR Return of the King - The Grey Havens as Frodo leaves with the elves for Valinor. I always find myself weeping for those left behind.

The end of Billy Elliot when the hard man father sees his son come on stage as the male lead in Swan Lake.

The look of pride on his face still makes we well up - I think its the dad in me.

QUOTE (Arndrake @ Apr 3 2005, 03:16 AM)
Private Ryan - The beginning as Older James is going through the gravestones and he collapses in tears. And the end where Young James is told to earn the gift he has been given, then the return to modern day as he finds the gravestone and asks his wife if he is a good man.

Braveheart - "Freedom" and Bannockburn. For some reason, kena and bagpipe music gets to me too.

LOTR Return of the King - The Grey Havens as Frodo leaves with the elves for Valinor. I always find myself weeping for those left behind.

Andrake

Braveheart gets me too - I love seeing the English get their arses kicked. pokey.gif beathorse.gif

Edited by Milton Bridge