Transformers: Revenge of the Fallen

NeilPeartFan2112

I haven't been able to catch this one yet, but it was certainly at the top of my list for must-see summer blockbusters after thoroughly enjoying its predecessor. I make a habit of tuning out film critics, but it's hard to ignore an abundance of reviews with such negative bashing from every angle. From what I've heard, the consensus offers praise for the action scenes and special effects with distaste for the overall film, while these positive elements offer little as backing to a pitiful story line with a horrible script and terrible acting. Upon reading that "Transformers: Revenge of the Fallen is a noisy, underplotted, and overlong special effects extravaganza that lacks a human touch" from Rotten Tomatoes, I did a double take to make certain that I hadn't accidentally clicked on a link for one of the Star Wars prequels...

Any thoughts, comments, reviews? Feel free to chime in.

I've seen it twice but it's basically what you'd expect. A summer blockbuster with tons of action and some good humor although many scenes are drawn out for far too long and the comedy is completely overdone. The special effect and fight scenes are fantastic and the forest fight where Optimus Prime takes on three other decepticons is one for the books. My only problem was how ridiculous the dialogue at some points was. The "racist" twins didn't bother me so much as the fact that it didn't even seem like they even wrote a script. With lines like "give me your face" and "punk ass decepticons." I didn't see much of a problem with the plot or anything else with the movie but those are my biggest complaints. Go in with an open mind, enjoy it for what it is, and have fun. It's certainly a fun movie even if many critics are literally tearing it to shreds.

Oh and I think I should add that had this movie been done with less humor and a better script it would have been miles better than the first one. The action in this one is unbelievable and the scene where the constructicons come together to form Devastator is worth the price of admission alone. So have fun and enjoy it.

I saw it, and both previous posts are dead on. My over all opinion is that this film was very specifically targeted to kids (males mostly) between the ages of 12 and about 30.

Tons of action, WAAAAY too much of an attempt at humor (but there were many funny parts), super weak story, too long, great visual effects, and the sound was amazing, the fight in the trees was great, not a bad looking girl in the entire movie, weak script.

My biggest complaint about the Transformer series is during fights (and they are nothing but fights) I can't tell who is who, and what is going on. It's just visual overload. But that's just me and I had same compliant going back as far as Return of the Jedi.old.gif

As mentioned by theworkingman, go there to have a good time, not necessarily see a great movie. Enjoy.

Absolutely no interest in seeing it; not my thing at all. But...

I saw a hot woman on the cover of Maxim some months go and thought, "Whoa! Who's that? Totally sexy!"

Megan Fox, of course.... although, before that, I'd never heard of her before.

http://www.wallpaperbase.com/wallpapers/celebs/meganfox/megan_fox_11.jpg

seems i pretty much agree with everything here so far. and the comment about things being tough to see when transformers are fighting sometimes holds true for me too...not that its 'visual overload', its more like its all too close on the eyes so its hard to tell who's punching who and what's hitting what with what. too right on the bad humor/dialogue/story and hot women in the flick.

i wouldn't recommend waiting for dvd for this since this is a theater experience. no giant flat screen tv will ever compare with the cinema for visuals like these.

so, in short, its a bad movie with great visuals. but everyone knows/knew that already anyways.

QUOTE (Prince Sphinc-Tor @ Jun 28 2009, 07:34 AM)
My biggest complaint about the Transformer series is during fights (and they are nothing but fights) I can't tell who is who, and what is going on. It's just visual overload. But that's just me and I had same compliant going back as far as Return of the Jedi.

I've really only had that problem with Attack of the Clones, and it kinda ruined the whole film for me. The final battle had too many characters fighting, and too many flashes of laser blasts and light sabers. Add to that the very "busy" backgrounds - in that scene and throughout the film - and it was just way too much. I totally agree: "visual overload," and I couldn't tell who was fighting who or what was going on.

Maybe younger generations need and want that, having absorbed quicker and bigger action scenes over the years, but I couldn't follow it and I still want to know who's doing what to whom. Maybe I haven't seen enough Action films to have adapted to this "always quicker and bigger than before" one-upmanship thing that moviemakers have.

I've heard 2 different reviews from people who have seen it, and they were both bad. They said there was lots of action, but that they were kind of sleezy, and unnecessarily so.

As a moviegoer, I find that sex really doesn't add much to the greatness of any movie. Yet it sells the movie, and so there it is.

My biggest complaint about the Transformer series is during fights (and they are nothing but fights) I can't tell who is who, and what is going on. It's just visual overload.

This was the problem I had. The visual effects were great but I couldn't keep up on who was good and who was bad during battle scenes.

QUOTE (nobodys hero @ Jun 28 2009, 04:20 PM)

My biggest complaint about the Transformer series is during fights (and they are nothing but fights) I can't tell who is who, and what is going on. It's just visual overload.

This was the problem I had. The visual effects were great but I couldn't keep up on who was good and who was bad during battle scenes.

goodpost.gif

OK, I asked him, and here is what he had to say:

The movie is pretty good if you ignore the plot holes and keep your Transformer accuracy meter tucked away (don't get me started, I'll never quit).  I could have done with a little less of the low-brow stuff too, such as language, overt sexual material, and the idiotic characterizations of Skids & Mudflap.  The first Transformers movie had too much low-brow stuff as well.

I will definitely see it again, maybe two more times.  A LOT of stuff was packed into it.

For me, this sounds like one that can wait a while. But then, I don't consider myself a fan.

I'm still trying to forget all the scenes with the parents--they could've EASILY cut them all from the movie. The mother is especially irritating.

I almost stood up and cheered when Soundwave appeared; the Doctor Claw voice gives me chills every time!

I am still gonna see this movie. I never had a problem with things in a movie not being realistic. However if anyone does they should read this.

Burning Questions: The 10 Most Confusing Things in 'Transformers: Revenge of the Fallen'

QUOTE (JohnnyBlaze @ Jun 28 2009, 08:47 AM)
seems i pretty much agree with everything here so far. and the comment about things being tough to see when transformers are fighting sometimes holds true for me too...not that its 'visual overload', its more like its all too close on the eyes so its hard to tell who's punching who and what's hitting what with what. too right on the bad humor/dialogue/story and hot women in the flick.

That's Michael Bay for you. All sound and fury, signifying nothing. He hasn't directed a good movie since 1996's "The Rock."

Shia LaCrap goes to Robot Heaven!? Racist and Sexist overtones... Leg Humping robots... so many plot holes you can market it as an expensive cheese...

What the f***ing f**k!

Why does Michael Bay get to keep making movies? This was worse than Indy 4!

QUOTE (The Owl @ Jul 14 2009, 02:55 PM)
Shia LaCrap goes to Robot Heaven!? Racist and Sexist overtones... Leg Humping robots... so many plot holes you can market it as an expensive cheese...

What the f***ing f**k!

bay's movies sell tickets. simple. it doesn't matter if it's crap or not. haven't u guys caught on to that idea yet?

yeah, indy 4 was not good too

QUOTE (The Owl @ Jul 14 2009, 01:55 AM)

What the f***ing f**k!

Ahhhhhh.....

That's the sound of my feeling much more secure in my decision to not spend 9 bucks on this piece of tripe.

DVD........MAYBE.

QUOTE (Rush Cocky @ Jul 14 2009, 02:44 AM)
QUOTE (The Owl @ Jul 14 2009, 01:55 AM)
Shia LaCrap goes to Robot Heaven!?  Racist and Sexist overtones... Leg Humping robots... so many plot holes you can market it as an expensive cheese...

What the f***ing f**k!

Why does Michael Bay get to keep making movies?  This was worse than Indy 4!

Ahhhhhh.....

That's the sound of my feeling much more secure in my decision to not spend 9 bucks on this piece of tripe.

DVD........MAYBE.

If you're going to end up seeing this movie anyway at least see it a theater. I assure you it will look and sound 1000X better in a theater than at a television in your home.