'2012' trailer

Jack Aubrey

Yeah, it'll suck. Pretty effects, though. The world-will-end-in-2012 hystericals will probably flock to it in droves thus putting enough money in Emerich's pockets to make another crapfest. '2012'.

Great title Jack tongue.gif popcorn.gif

This trailer scared the crap outta me when I first saw it. Mostly because I read too much up on the apocalypse theories and scare myself to sleep. LOL Ya I have issues.

QUOTE (Ya_Big_Tree @ Jun 19 2009, 06:43 PM)
This trailer scared the crap outta me when I first saw it. Mostly because I read too much up on the apocalypse theories and scare myself to sleep. LOL Ya I have issues.

I've done a lot of research myself and don't see what there is to be afraid of unsure.gif The only fearful parts of the 2012 shit is all religiously based.

That is SOCN stuff anyway.

QUOTE (Lady April @ Jun 19 2009, 07:20 PM)
This trailer scared the crap outta me when I first saw it.  Mostly because I read too much up on the apocalypse theories and scare myself to sleep. LOL Ya I have issues.

I've done a lot of research myself and don't see what there is to be afraid of unsure.gif The only fearful parts of the 2012 shit is all religiously based.

Well Im not too scared about anything happening in 2012 but the eventual end of everything... I've read too much on it. Not the religious stuff... mostly scientific, environmental stuff. That is scary shit! yes.gif

Edited by Ya_Big_Tree

QUOTE (Ya_Big_Tree @ Jun 19 2009, 07:24 PM)
QUOTE (Lady April @ Jun 19 2009, 07:20 PM)
This trailer scared the crap outta me when I first saw it.  Mostly because I read too much up on the apocalypse theories and scare myself to sleep. LOL Ya I have issues.

Well Im not too scared about anything happening in 2012 but the eventual end of everything... I've read too much on it. Not the religious stuff... mostly scientific, environmental stuff. That is scary shit! yes.gif

laugh.gif Hell I just wanna see the movie for the sake of seeing it! popcorn.gif popcorn.gif trink38.gif

QUOTE (Lady April @ Jun 19 2009, 06:19 PM)
Great title Jack tongue.gif popcorn.gif

laugh.gif Glad you liked it!

QUOTE (Jack Aubrey @ Jun 19 2009, 08:02 PM)
QUOTE (Lady April @ Jun 19 2009, 06:19 PM)
Great title Jack  tongue.gif  popcorn.gif

laugh.gif Glad you liked it!

I'll just need plenty of popcorn.gif popcorn.gif popcorn.gif to preoccupy me for the first half so I can schla03.gif schla03.gif schla03.gif through the second half.

QUOTE (Mustard Death @ Jun 19 2009, 07:50 PM)
I heard for his first indie disaster film, Roland just filmed himself destroying towns in SimCity due to low budget issues.

z7shysterical.gif

QUOTE (The Owl @ Jun 20 2009, 12:29 PM)
However......... I think I'll be the only one to admit that I liked "Independence Day"

laugh.gif I loved that movie!!! 1022.gif popcorn.gif

QUOTE (Lady April @ Jun 20 2009, 02:24 PM)
However......... I think I'll be the only one to admit that I liked "Independence Day"

I liked it, but I wouldn't have enjoyed it much if it hadn't been for Will Smith and Randy Quaid. They made the movie.

This one. . .did I actually see a giraffe being airlifted??? And how did I know that as soon as Cusack said, "No matter what happens. . ." that the next line would be ". . .we all stay together?" sarcasm.gif

QUOTE (Mara @ Jun 20 2009, 03:34 PM)
QUOTE (Lady April @ Jun 20 2009, 02:24 PM)

I liked it, but I wouldn't have enjoyed it much if it hadn't been for Will Smith and Randy Quaid. They made the movie.

This one. . .did I actually see a giraffe being airlifted??? And how did I know that as soon as Cusack said, "No matter what happens. . ." that the next line would be ". . .we all stay together?" sarcasm.gif

Oh it's all silly shit tongue.gif

QUOTE (Lady April @ Jun 20 2009, 01:24 PM)

I'm the first to admit that 'ID' was an entertaining movie with a neat story. However, I've got a lot of problems with it. The main one being that alien computers would be compatible with an Apple laptop. I just can't see it. no.gif

OK, one more: you can't train a drunk man to fly an F-16 in less than an hour!

And don't get me started on '10,000 BC' 'cause it was even worse!

Edited by Jack Aubrey

QUOTE (Jack Aubrey @ Jun 21 2009, 01:24 PM)

I'm the first to admit that 'ID' was an entertaining movie with a neat story. However, I've got a lot of problems with it. The main one being that alien computers would be compatible with an Apple laptop. I just can't see it. no.gif

Only because any intelligent alien life form would of course design their computers to be Microsoft-compatible, so they could hack and plant viruses as needed.

QUOTE (Jack Aubrey @ Jun 21 2009, 12:24 PM)

Oh hell Jack - It's Hollywood! It's not suppose to be realistic! rofl3.gif

QUOTE (Lady April @ Jun 21 2009, 12:57 PM)
QUOTE (Jack Aubrey @ Jun 21 2009, 12:24 PM)

Oh hell Jack - It's Hollywood! It's not suppose to be realistic! rofl3.gif

Yep, my wife tells me the same thing. I try (I really, really try) but in certain situations I just can't turn it off.

Roland Emmerich is the biggest hack in a Hollywood filled with hacks. The Day After Tomorrow was one of the worst pieces of "cinema" I've ever had the displeasure of watching. It flat out insulted my intelligence. It looks like Emmerich might have topped it!

I read something about how the movie explains the reason for the "end of the world". Emmerich said he based it on a book which postulates that the entire earth's crust shifts every so often, all at once.

I'll pass on the movie, as I'm thinking that it will be shifting an entirely different kind of crust. . .

QUOTE (Test4VitalSigns @ Jun 22 2009, 04:48 PM)
All of Emerich's movies suck IMO...I avoid them just like I avoid Michael Bay movies.

Hey, 'The Rock' was good! dazed025.gif biggrin.gif

QUOTE (Jack Aubrey @ Jun 22 2009, 05:57 PM)
QUOTE (Test4VitalSigns @ Jun 22 2009, 04:48 PM)
All of Emerich's movies suck IMO...I avoid them just like I avoid Michael Bay movies.

Hey, 'The Rock' was good! dazed025.gif biggrin.gif

meh it was ok...for a Michael Bay flick tongue.gif

QUOTE (Mara @ Jun 21 2009, 02:16 PM)
I read something about how the movie explains the reason for the "end of the world". Emmerich said he based it on a book which postulates that the entire earth's crust shifts every so often, all at once.

I'll pass on the movie, as I'm thinking that it will be shifting an entirely different kind of crust. . .

z7shysterical.gif z7shysterical.gif z7shysterical.gif

Yeah, this'll be pure fluff entertainment crap. And was that Danny Glover portraying President Obama? Not exactly the closest likeness, IMO...