Your top 5 TV shows of all time

Steevo

I will have to put some thought into it but I can tell you my number 1.

Breaking Bad!!!

I figured I'd see it pop up on a few lists but on a quick look, nobody listed BB?

Breaking Bad is my all-time favorite and I am about to be really sad when it's gone.

Let me think of my all time list. Have to go back into the past too far and my brain is not real good at thinking!

top 5:

1) Twilight Zone

2) Star Trek (66-70)

3) Gilligan's Island

4) Mission Impossible

5) Hawaii 5-0

5 Honorable Mentions :

The Waltons

The Brady Bunch

Get Smart

Bonanza

Laugh-in

A lot of good ones mentioned so far and the prerequisite of "all time" means I have to go back a while and think of tv shows that I just really loved to watch no matter what my age was.

Johnny Quest was a Saturday morning "must" when I was young. We had a B/W portable TV on wheels. It would be in the parents bedroom so at about 6:30 to 7:00 AM I would quietly pad in then roll out the squeaky cart into the den.

ABC's Wide World of Sports "The thrill of victory..." Jim McKay not only brought me a different sporting event every week but he also brought a view of the entire globe and how people lived.

Mystery Science Theater 3000 Joel or Mike, it does not matter to me. I love sitting with the bots and enjoying "cheesy movies". Just about the only reason I had cable in the 90's.

Farscape I really love Science Fiction in all forms TV/Movies/books, and this program was really special. I would say it is the best Science Fiction series ever made, sorry Whovians, BSG'ers, Firefliers, Trekkers... I really had my doubts, but one day I decided to check it out on netflix. I was so hooked, I finished watching the series within ten days. Farscape has ORIGINALITY, humor, romance, drama, excellent cast. It is funny, crazy, smart, sad and character arcs that really ring true. Watch it from the beginning, you are going to have fun.

I am going to leave my fifth pick open, I am kind of reserving it for A game of Thrones I have not seen and episode yet, just very wishful thinking.

I am only going to list my favorite 1 hour dramas, because for some odd reason, I thought this thread was for that and I have been thinking about it in those terms. I'm not real smart.

My favorite of all time:

1. Breaking Bad (Entire Series)

2. The Wire (Only have seen the first 3 seasons, but enough for me to say #2

3. Fringe

4. X-Files

5. 24 (First Season ONLY)

And I just started watching Dexter. I am only 8 episodes in, but I think it could easily bump 24 off my top 5, maybe even go up higher.

Honorable mention: Sons of Anarchy, Lost (First season ONLY), Six Feet Under, The Sopranos (not as in love with it as others)

I have alot of newer shows on my list, but when I thought about it, they are just better than alot of the old stuff I was debating between.

But for Lost and 24, I only loved the first seasons. After that, they both got silly.

I know there are alot of shows I haven't seen that I know I will love like Boardwalk Empire, Mad Men, etc.

Then there are shows like Rubicon that was on AMC for one season that I liked alot and had potential but got canceled and Carnivale on HBO.

QUOTE (burgeranacoke @ Jan 15 2012, 07:20 PM)
Johnny Quest was a Saturday morning "must" when I was young. We had a B/W portable TV on wheels. It would be in the parents bedroom so at about 6:30 to 7:00 AM I would quietly pad in then roll out the squeaky cart into the den..

Right on! Jonny and Hadji were an awesome team! And a big trink39.gif to the squeaky wheeled B&W set!

Star Trek (original series)

Happy Days

WKRP in Cincinnati

Taxi

The X Files

other favorites:

Saturday Night Live (original/Carvey-Hartman years)

Gilligan's Island

The Twilight Zone

Late Night with David Letterman (NBC years)

King of Queens

SCTV

The Brady Bunch

Monty Python's Flying Circus

Malcolm in the Middle

My Name Is Earl

Laverne & Shirley

As a kid I watched The Six Million Dollar Man, The Incredible Hulk and Starsky & Hutch but don't remember much about them now

Edited by Silas Lang

I don't watch a whole lot of TV so I am going to list 3 for now, which are:

Friends

Sex and the City

The Golden Girls

I guess another, while short lived, is Providence. That was good, at least the first season or two.

Will have to go with

The Wonder Years

Freaks And Geeks

Gilligan's Island

The Simpsons

Trailer Park Boys

Honorable mentions:

Friends

Mythbusters

Brady Bunch

QUOTE (ILSnwdog @ Jun 16 2009, 12:28 PM)
Seinfeld
South Park
M*A*S*H*
Law and Order (the original one)
Survivorman

I need to revise that list. Remove Law and Order and replace it with The Big Bang Theory. That may be the funniest sit com ever.

I don't have a wide range of TV tastes, mostly because I don't have the memory to watch a new episode of a show once a week. That's kinda changing with Big Bang and The Mentalist. Anyway, my top 5 favorites:

Seinfeld

Planet Earth

The Big Bang Theory

M*A*S*H

The Andy Griffith Show

Honorable mentions to the first few seasons of House, The Mentalist, Bones, Scrubs, and Friends

In this order:

Battlestar Galactica (RDM reboot)

The Simpsons

House

Seinfeld

Cheers

Honourable mention to:

The Big Bang Theory

Curb Your Enhusiasm

Star Trek TOS/TNG

Hill St. Blues

Burn Notice

Kung Fu

Cheers

In Search Of

Unsolved Mysteries

X-Files (first few seasons anyway)

Over 3 years later I have to disagree with myself about some of those.

Kung Fu: still the best show ever

Cheers: still the most consistently funny sitcom ever

Unsolved Mysteries: still makes the top 5 cut

In Search Of: great show but it drops out of the top 5 and is replaced by the classic original series Star Trek

X-Files: the latter seasons took a lot of the fun & mystery that made the earlier seasons excellent...replaced by the GREATEST sci-fi show of all time: The Twilight Zone

Edited by JohnnyBlaze

Leave it to Beaver

Flipper

Gilligan's Island

Hogan's Heroes

tie...The Dick van Dyke Show/The Andy Griffith Show

M*A*S*H

Little House on the Prairie

In Search Of...

South Park

The Muppet Show

Honorable Mention: