No Doubt/Paramore/The Sounds....

Echoes

....are currently on tour. I saw them two nights ago in Camden....and.....WOW. Anyone saw/seeing these guys this year!? That was one of the best shows I've ever been to and that's saying something. I've never seen two backup bands as good as The Sounds and Paramore were. The crowd was amazing....25,000 people that knew every word. No Doubt is such a cool band! Gwen grabbed two people up from the audience, brought them on stage, and posed for a pic with them. Someone else was holding up a sign asking them to play a song (because it was that person's b-day) that's not in their set, and they played like the first minute and a half of it. She sang a few lines and was like "I dont know the words!" 3 bands.....3 hours of music.....tickets were $16.......does it get any better than that? 1022.gif

I don't really care about Paramore but those other bands are great. I havn't heard too much No Doubt except for Tragic Kingdom but I've always really liked that album. Great ska music. Gwen is great as an entertainer though. Running around the entire stage. It's pretty hard to comprehend how f***ing terrible her solo material is though when a few years before she was making great ska music. And the Sounds are a great band of course. Love them. I'm not sure if I'd see this tour though unless tickets were free or something. Sounds like you had a great time though.

Sounds like a good deal

Yeah, it was great! I didnt like Gwen's solo stuff at all save for the song "Cool", which I think could easily be mistaken for a No Doubt song.

I took my wife to this concert last month. I believe it was their 3rd or 4th show of the tour...in San Diego. I really like No Doubt....they did all the staples and "Greatest Hits" so I knew every song, which is a good thing. Gwen puts on a great performance and really interacts well with the audience. Paramore was just "ok" and The Sounds we missed due to crappy traffic.

The one song of No Doubt's I can I truly love is "Sunday Morning". Great tune, lots of energy!

Saw No Doubt years ago in a festival setting, it was a shorter set, but it was good. Gwen really has energy onstage, I've had a girl crush on her ever since. This excellent performance caused me to purchase her solo albums, they suck!!

QUOTE (LeaveMyThingAlone @ Jun 16 2009, 10:36 PM)

The one song of No Doubt's I can I truly love is "Sunday Morning". Great tune, lots of energy!

One of the few songs I like by No Doubt....I think Gwen looks pretty good in the video for the song biggrin.gif

I also like Underneath It All and New (from the movie "Go")

Archived