Vince Flynn and Mitch Rapp

Mara

Vince Flynn is the author. Mitch Rapp is the ass-kicking spy starring in the series. Anyone who likes "24" will like this author. Rapp is very much like Jack Bauer.

No, it isn't "high academics", but Flynn's an engaging writer and I highly recommend to anyone who likes the espionage/political intrigue genre.

Big fan here. I've been looking for another action writer since Clancy has pretty much quit and when Extreme Measures came out, I decided to give it a try. And I've been reading Vince Flynn ever since.

So far I have read Extreme Measures, Protect & Defend, Act of Treason, Consent to Kill (yeah I read the newer ones in reverse order), Term Limits, Transfer of Power and just finished The Third Option.

I've got Separation of Power, Executive Power and Memorial Day on the shelf ready to go. I'll probably start Separation of Power this week.

I like Flynn's writing style. I enjoy him just as much as Clancy, Cussler or Griffin.

And Mitch Rapp is a great protagonist. And you always know somebody around him is going to end up dead ph34r.gif

While I do recommend reading them in order, it isn't strictly necessary. Each book stands alone quite well.

ETA: I'm thinking Jack Aubrey would love these books.

Edited by Mara

A new Vince Flynn/Mitch Rapp novel is set for release on October 13. It is called "Pursuit of Honor" and as all the other novels have, picks up where the last one (Extreme Measures) leaves off.

Can't wait!

Of course, if you choose to purchase through amazon, please do so through the TRF store link 1022.gif

VinceFlynn.com

Vince's new book dropped today. Unfortunately, amazon won't be delivering until later this week sad.gif

I'm chomping at the bit to get into this one, so I may go pick up a copy tonight and donate one to the local public library.

QUOTE (Mara @ Jun 7 2009, 01:36 PM)
While I do recommend reading them in order, it isn't strictly necessary. Each book stands alone quite well.

ETA: I'm thinking Jack Aubrey would love these books.

Yeah, I've heard of these books and they sound like something I'd really enjoy. I'll have to pick one up soon. Thanks!

For fans of Flynn, they are making a movie out of his novel "Consent to Kill." It will be directed by Antoine Fuqua and casting for the leads of Mitch Rapp and Irene Kennedy are currently in progress. No word on a release date for the movie.

All of this info is from the authors website, vinceflynn.com

I'm looking forward to it already 1022.gif

QUOTE (Snowdog @ Jan 27 2010, 10:28 PM)
For fans of Flynn, they are making a movie out of his novel "Consent to Kill." It will be directed by Antoine Fuqua and casting for the leads of Mitch Rapp and Irene Kennedy are currently in progress. No word on a release date for the movie.

Ay-yi. That worries me a little, unless Flynn is very, very involved in the production and hasn't signed away all artistic license. We all know how Hollywood can take a great thing and completely fu@k it up.

QUOTE (Mara @ Jan 27 2010, 11:14 PM)

Ay-yi. That worries me a little, unless Flynn is very, very involved in the production and hasn't signed away all artistic license. We all know how Hollywood can take a great thing and completely fu@k it up.

From what I have read, he is very involved in the process.

A little digging on his website and you can find the associated articles talking about the movie. Also, you can sign up for his monthly newsletter where he mentions the project every month giving updates.

QUOTE (Snowdog @ Jan 28 2010, 03:53 PM)
QUOTE (Mara @ Jan 27 2010, 11:14 PM)

From what I have read, he is very involved in the process.

A little digging on his website and you can find the associated articles talking about the movie. Also, you can sign up for his monthly newsletter where he mentions the project every month giving updates.

I never thought to look for a website before, but I am so there. Thanks!

I turned my father on to Flynn, and gave him all of our used ones, the whole series minus the last two (because my husband hasn't read them yet). He can't put them down! We had a recent weekend of really crappy weather and he read through 2.5 of them.

QUOTE (J Rutsey @ Jun 8 2010, 01:33 PM)
Big fan as well!

Good books, aren't they?

Just got this months email newsletter and it looks like CBS films is getting nervous about the $$$$ to make the movie of "Consent to Kill." So it looks like the movie is on hold for the time being. angry.gif

QUOTE (Snowdog @ Jun 8 2010, 09:08 PM)
Big fan as well!

Good books, aren't they?

Just got this months email newsletter and it looks like CBS films is getting nervous about the $$$$ to make the movie of "Consent to Kill." So it looks like the movie is on hold for the time being. angry.gif

You know, I'm of two minds about the movie. Flynn has a lot of input, which is good. Very good.

But I am worried Hollywood is going to try to make it politically correct, which would really mess things up big time.

QUOTE (Mara @ Jun 8 2010, 09:49 PM)
QUOTE (Snowdog @ Jun 8 2010, 09:08 PM)
Big fan as well!

Good books, aren't they?

You know, I'm of two minds about the movie. Flynn has a lot of input, which is good. Very good.

But I am worried Hollywood is going to try to make it politically correct, which would really mess things up big time.

I hear ya. Make these novels PC and you've just instantly killed the appeal. That is why people LIKE them, because they AREN'T pc.

Edit: Oh yeah, the new Rapp novel hits shelves October 12

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v428/snowdog2004/Flynn-AA.png

Edited by Snowdog

QUOTE (jkt2112 @ Jul 23 2010, 07:37 PM)
Love Vince Flynn.

Read them all.

Thanks for the info on the new book release date...

check out his website, vinceflynn.com and you can get all the latest trink39.gif

Edited by Mara

HUGE Fan!

The only problem is I can never keep track of which book is next and which ones I've already read.

Executive Power, Executive Bathroom, whatever...

and if you pick up the book and read the back you can't tell either!

"Mitch is back and he's mad as hell. After losing the love of his life, he's bent on revenge and some bad dudes are gonna pay. He's on a whirlwind trip around the world to track a terrorist and save the lives of thousands!"

QUOTE (briremo @ Aug 17 2010, 08:19 PM)
HUGE Fan!

The only problem is I can never keep track of which book is next and which ones I've already read.

"Mitch is back and he's mad as hell. After losing the love of his life, he's bent on revenge and some bad dudes are gonna pay. He's on a whirlwind trip around the world to track a terrorist and save the lives of thousands!"

In order of release, earliest first

Term Limits

Transfer of Power

The Third Option

Separation of Power

Executive Power

Memorial Day

Consent To Kill

Act of Treason

Protect and Defend

Extreme Measures

Pursuit of Honor

and coming in October:

American Assassin 1022.gif

QUOTE (Snowdog @ Aug 17 2010, 07:52 PM)
QUOTE (briremo @ Aug 17 2010, 08:19 PM)
HUGE Fan!

In order of release, earliest first

Term Limits

Transfer of Power

The Third Option

Separation of Power

Executive Power

Memorial Day

Consent To Kill

Act of Treason

Protect and Defend

Extreme Measures

Pursuit of Honor

and coming in October:

American Assassin 1022.gif

read the all except the last one and the one coming out. I really need to get the last one though. I keep forgetting and have a stack of unread books as it is. Grrr.

I'm not a fiction reader at all. I read strictly history and biographies. But a lady I've become friendly with at the grocery store, and who volunteers at a local library, asked me a week ago if I liked to read. Which I do. Very much. A few days later she gave me an armful of books - both paperback and hardcover. One of the paperbacks is Term Limits. I started reading is yesterday and can't put it down.

He's an excellent writer.