Girl Stuff

GhostGirl

QUOTE (dweezil @ Jul 24 2005, 05:05 PM)
Ummm.......no.gif

http://howcool.com/catalog/popup_images/PL-BALLET-1025.jpg

ohmy.gif Ouch!! How high are those heels???

QUOTE (dweezil @ Jul 24 2005, 01:05 PM)
Ummm.......no.gif

Must be for kinky ballerinas.... rofl3.gif

Ummm.......no.gif

Stupidest shoes I've ever seen. And is that a padlock I see there? I mean really...who would steal those fugly-ass ballerina-hooker boots off someone's feet?

tongue.gif

QUOTE (FuzzplugJones)
So yeah, I'm not a girl (at least not the last time I checked), but can I weigh in on the shoe thing?

Sure you can. Equal opportunity board here. biggrin.gif Imagine my delight in discovering a dissertation about SHOES!!!!

Who thought that this whole flip-flop thing was a good idea?  Not just the cheap-ass flip-flops both sexes wear in the summer, but these "dress flip-flops" too, shoes that are basically a sole with some stringy bits that go over the foot?

I did! I thought it was a good idea...dressy, strappy flip-flop shoes are the BEST!

Like, I was in a mall a few weeks back (maybe that's my problem right there) and there was like like 70yo woman wearing these dress flip-flops, and it was so gross, because you could see every vericose vein and her toes pointed in all different directions... and it didn't even look comfortable, and it certainly wasn't comfortable for me!

Granted, that is just wretched. Some people should be banned from wearing sandals permanently.

Which begs the question... if this is about vanity, or about looking good, when did people's opinion change on feet?  I could've sworn the general concensus on feet were that they were gross.

Some feet are gross. Not all, but some.

because there are cute feet (just like there are cute anything) but they're few and far between... That being said, there's something ultra-sexy about the right shoe on the right foot on the right leg attached to the right woman :-).  But anyway...

Cute feet exist, yes...and when the right shoe meets the right foot...it's MAGIC!!! laugh.gif

Maybe I'm just getting old, but... I mean... some of these shoes these days can't possibly be comfortable... with all the straps and strings and all that... it seems to me like it would be like Japanese foot binding.  What happened to a nice classic, comfortable, good looking shoe that covered the bottom of the foot (and thus if you're looking for people to notice you, actually leaves something to the imagination for the moment)?  I don't know, most of this stuff these days is gross... and I only notice it for the same reason you wouldn't want a greasy plumber lounging around your living room with no socks or shoes... a lot of what I see out there is just absolutely gross.

Comfort vs. style? Tough choice...I go for style if I have to choose. smile.gif

how can these things I'm seeing, that are basically a sandal with a freakin' HEEL, be a good idea?  What is going on?

Because they're FANTASTIC, that's why they're a good idea.

I hope nobody drags me out back and puts a stake in my heart for being old-fashioned, but that's how I feel... now somebody tell me, who decided that this stuff was cool?

Well, no stake for you...but I'll take the blame for deciding that stuff is cool. I heart.gif shoes!!!!!

Oh, and I will say without reservation that I own one of those rare pairs of cute feet, so I'll be wearing sandals and flip flops any time I please. rofl3.gif

Thanks for the opportunity to discuss one of my favorite subjects.

QUOTE (GhostGirl @ Jul 24 2005, 11:43 PM)
Oh, and I will say without reservation that I own one of those rare pairs of cute feet...

I'll vouch for that. Caught a gander at your pedals in Cali at DM's house. AND, I saw them in a pair of these...

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v297/RushBabe/Board%20Pics/peltzshoestore_1830_50740130.jpg

drool1.gif new_thumbsupsmileyanim.gif

QUOTE (GhostGirl @ Jul 24 2005, 10:43 PM)
QUOTE (FuzzplugJones)
So yeah, I'm not a girl (at least not the last time I checked), but can I weigh in on the shoe thing?

Sure you can. Equal opportunity board here. biggrin.gif Imagine my delight in discovering a dissertation about SHOES!!!!

Who thought that this whole flip-flop thing was a good idea?  Not just the cheap-ass flip-flops both sexes wear in the summer, but these "dress flip-flops" too, shoes that are basically a sole with some stringy bits that go over the foot?

I did! I thought it was a good idea...dressy, strappy flip-flop shoes are the BEST!

Like, I was in a mall a few weeks back (maybe that's my problem right there) and there was like like 70yo woman wearing these dress flip-flops, and it was so gross, because you could see every vericose vein and her toes pointed in all different directions... and it didn't even look comfortable, and it certainly wasn't comfortable for me!

Granted, that is just wretched. Some people should be banned from wearing sandals permanently.

Which begs the question... if this is about vanity, or about looking good, when did people's opinion change on feet?  I could've sworn the general concensus on feet were that they were gross.

Some feet are gross. Not all, but some.

because there are cute feet (just like there are cute anything) but they're few and far between... That being said, there's something ultra-sexy about the right shoe on the right foot on the right leg attached to the right woman :-).  But anyway...

Cute feet exist, yes...and when the right shoe meets the right foot...it's MAGIC!!! laugh.gif

Maybe I'm just getting old, but... I mean... some of these shoes these days can't possibly be comfortable... with all the straps and strings and all that... it seems to me like it would be like Japanese foot binding.  What happened to a nice classic, comfortable, good looking shoe that covered the bottom of the foot (and thus if you're looking for people to notice you, actually leaves something to the imagination for the moment)?  I don't know, most of this stuff these days is gross... and I only notice it for the same reason you wouldn't want a greasy plumber lounging around your living room with no socks or shoes... a lot of what I see out there is just absolutely gross.

Comfort vs. style? Tough choice...I go for style if I have to choose. smile.gif

how can these things I'm seeing, that are basically a sandal with a freakin' HEEL, be a good idea?  What is going on?

Because they're FANTASTIC, that's why they're a good idea.

I hope nobody drags me out back and puts a stake in my heart for being old-fashioned, but that's how I feel... now somebody tell me, who decided that this stuff was cool?

Well, no stake for you...but I'll take the blame for deciding that stuff is cool. I heart.gif shoes!!!!!

Oh, and I will say without reservation that I own one of those rare pairs of cute feet, so I'll be wearing sandals and flip flops any time I please. rofl3.gif

Thanks for the opportunity to discuss one of my favorite subjects.

I have NEVER seen a post broken down and analyzed quite like that. Good job, GG! new_thumbsupsmileyanim.gif

goodpost.gif

QUOTE (1-0-0-1-0-0-1 @ Jul 24 2005, 08:52 PM)
Ummm.......no.gif

Stupidest shoes I've ever seen. And is that a padlock I see there? I mean really...who would steal those fugly-ass ballerina-hooker boots off someone's feet?

tongue.gif

ph34r.gif

One word: Fetish

My shoes of choice this weekend...the height of fashion as always:

http://joe.imageg.net/graphics/product_images/p1676549reg.jpg

Teva flip flops...mine are turquoise biggrin.gif

I don't care

If you wreck my car or shave off all my hair

You can go

And run your vacuum during my favorite show

And I'll let you call up folks in Europe you don't even know

Anything you want, babe, if it makes you happy

But I'm begging you down on my bended knees

Oh honey, please don't wear those shoes

You can spend my money, you can waste my time

Baby, I don't mind, but please don't wear those shoes

Don't wear those shoes

It's all right

You can play your Twisted Sister every night

I suppose

You can lick the middles out of my Oreos

Or start laughing while you're drinking milk so it comes out your nose

And you know that I'd do anything to please you

But I'm begging you down on my bended knees

You can spit in my face if you're so inclined

Baby, I don't mind, but please don't wear those shoes

Oh no, don't wear those shoes

I said, oh no, oh no

Oh no, please don't wear those...

Use my razor to shave your legs or eat crackers in bed

Stomp the poodle till it's flat

You could even shove a six-inch railroad spike through my head

I could learn to live with that

But now I'm begging you down on my bended knees

You can whip me, beat me, rob me blind

Baby I don't mind, but please don't wear those...

I said, oh no, oh no, oh no, don't wear those shoes

I said, oh no, oh no, oh no, don't wear those shoes

You can scratch up my records, you can drink my booze

But baby, please don't wear those shoes

You can make me an offer I can't refuse

But darling, please don't wear those shoes

You can play your bongos while I'm trying to snooze

But honey, please don't wear those shoes

You can expose yourself on the six o'clock news

But please, please don't wear those shoes

unsure.gif

QUOTE (dweezil @ Jul 25 2005, 01:07 AM)