Bruce Lee

barney_rebel

QUOTE (yyz @ Mar 7 2005, 08:54 PM)
I dont know if i like Bruce or Jackie better...

Jackie Chan is to Alex Van Halen

as

Bruce Lee is to Neil

Jackie - great entertainer, good martial artist, cool looking guy... talent no doubt about it

Bruce - martial arts expert, philosopher, pioneer

Without Bruce, there would be no Jackie.

QUOTE (spirit of radio @ Mar 7 2005, 09:48 PM)
QUOTE (Alsgalpal @ Mar 7 2005, 09:43 PM)
I know a Bruce Lee, and he kicks blink above and beyone any other wanna be Lee's.....  wub.gif

biggrin.gif

Exept Geddy laugh.gif

I am talking for any Bruce Lee, not any Geddy Lee's... tongue.gif

I like "The Chinese Connection" the best. I used to watch Bruce Lee all the time, he rules.

Return of the Dragon with Chuck Norris or Enter the Dragon are my faves.

" Be like water. Now water is the softest stuff in the world, but it can penatrate rock. You put water in a cup it becomes the cup. you put water in a teapot it becomes the teapot. Water can flow or it can crash. Be water my friend."

Bruce Lee

QUOTE (barney_rebel @ Mar 7 2005, 04:05 PM)
What is your favourite film he stars in?

Game of Death or Enter The Dragon for me! ph34r.gif

Even though Bruce died halfway through filming the movie, I still think my favorite would have to be Game Of Death. I love mafia movies. Also his martial arts were the best in this one I think, IMO. What did you think of his replacement? I thought he was ok but not as good as Bruce. 2.gif Rules!

QUOTE (Ru5h F@n @ Apr 17 2005, 12:39 PM)

Even though Bruce died halfway through filming the movie, I still think my favorite would have to be Game Of Death. I love mafia movies. Also his martial arts were the best in this one I think, IMO. What did you think of his replacement? I thought he was ok but not as good as Bruce. 2.gif Rules!

From what I understand all the fight scenes were done by Bruce but the rest is a replacement. He filmed all the fight scenes before his death. (Thank garage he did this first and not the other way around). His fight scene with basketball great Kareem Abdul Jabbar was one of my first exposure to Bruce when I was a kid.

Edited by Test4VitalSigns

Game of Death was horrible, it had nothing to do with bruces orginal plan for the movie at all. The movie/documentry called Bruce Lee: a Warriors journey has all the footage/production notes that was filmed of lees orignal idea. Its not very long, but id rather watch that then that shamfull game of death(at on point, they use a picture of bruces head and past it on the film, that is a disgusting joke) It was just producers trying to milk bruce for everything he was worth, the movie is not honest at all. Retrun of the Dragon is the best on, Bruce had the most input on that one in terms of creativity. Bruce Lee kicks ass! cat.gif more milk please!

QUOTE (Test4VitalSigns @ Apr 17 2005, 02:45 PM)
QUOTE (Ru5h F@n @ Apr 17 2005, 12:39 PM)

From what I understand all the fight scenes were done by Bruce but the rest is a replacement. He filmed all the fight scenes before his death. (Thank garage he did this first and not the other way around). His fight scene with basketball great Kareem Abdul Jabbar was one of my first exposure to Bruce when I was a kid.

Yes I loved the scene with Billy Lo (Bruce Lee) and Hakim (Kareem Abdul Jabbar), it was scary. I also loved it when he fought Pasqual (Danny Inosanto). That was a pretty scary scene as well.

Game Of Death all the way! Even though he didn't live long enough to finish the movie, it still was his best overall.

Bruce Lee Videography:

1. Fists Of Fury

2. Chinese Connection

3. Enter The Dragon

4. Return Of The Dragon

5. Game Of Death

Edited by Ru5h F@n

QUOTE (barney_rebel @ Apr 15 2005, 10:32 PM)

All I can say is Bruce Lee is one of the coolest people out there...

tongue.gif

Return of the Dragon for me.