I Believe

Echoes

I've been obsessed with this awesome song by Joe Satriani called "I Believe". Due to the sheer pwnage of the song, I just felt like sharing it with my fellow TRF'ers. 1022.gif

QUOTE (naturalsciences101 @ Apr 30 2009, 12:29 AM)
QUOTE (Xanadoood @ Apr 29 2009, 10:13 PM)
I just cant fathom why these guitar god shredders decide to sing

That just inspired me, dude.

I love joe and " Surfin" might just be the greatest shred album ever, but there was no reason for him to go this route..with all due respect for his talents of course

QUOTE (Xanadoood @ Apr 30 2009, 12:49 AM)

I love joe and " Surfin" might just be the greatest shred album ever, but there was no reason for him to go this route..with all due respect for his talents of course

Okay...you do realize that "this route" was taken in 1989. laugh.gif

In 12 studio albums, Joe has only written 10 SONGS total that feature him on vocals. He's certainly not the world's greatest singer, but I think his vocals are great on the tracks that he does sings on.

Obviously, I agree that he's at his best on the guitar, and I prefer to see his albums be fully instrumental, but his singing isn't THAT bad IMO.

BTW...yes, this song kicks ass. The whole album ('Flying In a Blue Dream') kicks ass. It was the first Satch album that I ever listened to. My uncle popped it in his car stereo, cranked up 'Back To Shalla-Bal', and just like that, I was hooked. Completely blown away.

Anyways...I'm a huge Satch fan, so it's nice to see some other fans around here! 1022.gif

QUOTE (EmotionDetector @ Apr 30 2009, 08:10 AM)

Okay...you do realize that "this route" was taken in 1989. laugh.gif

In 12 studio albums, Joe has only written 10 SONGS total that feature him on vocals. He's certainly not the world's greatest singer, but I think his vocals are great on the tracks that he does sings on.

Obviously, I agree that he's at his best on the guitar, and I prefer to see his albums be fully instrumental, but his singing isn't THAT bad IMO.

BTW...yes, this song kicks ass. The whole album ('Flying In a Blue Dream') kicks ass. It was the first Satch album that I ever listened to. My uncle popped it in his car stereo, cranked up 'Back To Shalla-Bal', and just like that, I was hooked. Completely blown away.

Anyways...I'm a huge Satch fan, so it's nice to see some other fans around here! 1022.gif

so my years are off by like 20...

laugh.gif

i remember this song and another one i think called " strange" or somethin..but you are right, his output was mostly all instumental.

ill never forget the first time i heard " Surfin with the Alien"...blew me away.

i saw him on a G3 tour once . he got blown away by VAI and J.P.

he really schla03.gif the hell out of me

1022.gif

The time I saw him in about 1989, probably the Surfing tour, when he had Jonathon Mover on drums and Stu Hamm on bass was sensational. Still one of my fav concerts.

The nicest thing I can say about I Believe is that it has the mighty Simon Phillips on drums.

QUOTE (EmotionDetector @ Apr 30 2009, 09:10 AM)

My uncle popped it in his car stereo, cranked up 'Back To Shalla-Bal', and just like that, I was hooked. Completely blown away.

Amazing tune.

As for I Believe, it's not a terrible song and I've heard it used many times on soundtracks for TV shows (usually reality shows).

I love old satch - surfin, dreaming #11 - thats it.

this is farking terrible. or as good as ah-ha.

Holy shit!!

I had to pull this one up!

I learned to play "I Believe" tonight on my Ovation!! Well the rhythm parts!! Incredible.

Brought tears to my eyes!! I'm a drummer for goodness sakes. I don't know shit about playing the guitar but I am playing everyday to my stereo!!

Not bad for a moron. trink39.gif

Archived