Britain's Got Talent

GhostGirl

I did a search and didn't find this posted yet. I saw it first on FaceBook yesterday, but didn't get to watch (and listen) till last night. I admit it made my cynical heart soften, and I cried. The lyrics are also pretty powerful.

Anyway, if you haven't seen Susan Boyle sing "I Dreamed a Dream" you need to see this:

• Replies 63
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE (GhostGirl @ Apr 16 2009, 10:46 AM)
I did a search and didn't find this posted yet. I saw it first on FaceBook yesterday, but didn't get to watch (and listen) till last night. I admit it made my cynical heart soften, and I cried. The lyrics are also pretty powerful.

Anyway, if you haven't seen Susan Boyle sing "I Dreamed a Dream" you need to see this:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RxPZh4AnWyk

Because I'm at work, I can't view the video. I'm assuming it's the woman who was considered "ugly" but wowed the crowd with her singing talent?

If so, yes I really enjoyed listening to her when I saw the segment on TV.

QUOTE (circumstantial tree @ Apr 16 2009, 08:53 AM)
I did a search and didn't find this posted yet.  I saw it first on FaceBook yesterday, but didn't get to watch (and listen) till last night.  I admit it made my cynical heart soften, and I cried.  The lyrics are also pretty powerful.

Because I'm at work, I can't view the video. I'm assuming it's the woman who was considered "ugly" but wowed the crowd with her singing talent?

Well, yes...not just ugly, but awkward and even simple. The female judge said something about this being a wake-up call, and she was right. The audience was laughing in this woman's face, and she just blew them all away.

It's a real lesson about judging people, and assuming someone can't do something just because of their appearance or mannerisms.

QUOTE (GhostGirl @ Apr 16 2009, 10:56 AM)
QUOTE (circumstantial tree @ Apr 16 2009, 08:53 AM)
I did a search and didn't find this posted yet.  I saw it first on FaceBook yesterday, but didn't get to watch (and listen) till last night.  I admit it made my cynical heart soften, and I cried.  The lyrics are also pretty powerful.

Well, yes...not just ugly, but awkward and even simple. The female judge said something about this being a wake-up call, and she was right. The audience was laughing in this woman's face, and she just blew them all away.

It's a real lesson about judging people, and assuming someone can't do something just because of their appearance or mannerisms.

I totally agree! yes.gif

I've been waiting for someone to post this. Thanks. I've watched it a number of times and it makes my smart-ass cynical self cry every damn time, as well. And I have to say I loved her attitude from the start.

How fitting that a song about dreams being crushed. . .has launched Susan Boyle's dream.

I saw her interviewed on Entertainment Tonight and I didn't think she looked awful. Somehow she looked better in the interview than she did on stage. I blame the makeup department on the British show.

She was on Good Morning America today...she is a "simple girl" and answered the interview questions in one word answers. Then she sang the song acapella...still blew me away!

That song was originally done by Patti Lupone, and they got her on the phone telling Susan Boyle that it made HER cry. Imagine.

An amazing gift Susan shared with us all. applaudit.gif

It's happened before on BGT. Paul Potts, a previous winner, was a pasty-faced, shy cell phone salesman from Wales. He actually had the female judge crying openly during his audition. The nerdy, unassuming fellow blew everyone away with his unbelievable tenor voice.

I love stories like these.

That's what you call vindication. smile.gif

Yay Susan, what a beautiful voice. Just goes to show us all how sometimes the most precious gifts are hidden in the most unusual places.

QUOTE (Mara @ Apr 16 2009, 11:40 AM)
It's happened before on BGT. Paul Potts, a previous winner, was a pasty-faced, shy cell phone salesman from Wales. He actually had the female judge crying openly during his audition. The nerdy, unassuming fellow blew everyone away with his unbelievable tenor voice.

I love stories like these.

Yes, I've seen that one too. Loved it.

Every year this happens. And every year i get goose bumps, and yes, a bit teary.

Last year a little lad opened his mouth, and the sound of an angel's choir came out of it.

And the year before a slightly crossed eye man with wonky teeth did the same thing.

Amazing.

We all have something special inside just waiting to get out.

Edited by Hatchetaxe&saw

Absolutely hate these type of programmes but I watched the clip earlier today and thought it was fantastic.

Loved the little aside from the Dec the presenter when he says" bet you weren't expecting that".

I hate those shows too, but I'm so glad this clip came across my path.

QUOTE (circumstantial tree @ Apr 16 2009, 04:23 PM)
I saw her interviewed on Entertainment Tonight and I didn't think she looked awful. Somehow she looked better in the interview than she did on stage. I blame the makeup department on the British show.

eyesre4.gif

The British know f**k all about makeup eh?

QUOTE (Mrs. Huck Rogers @ Apr 16 2009, 03:20 PM)
QUOTE (GhostGirl @ Apr 16 2009, 09:03 PM)

It was awesome!

So glad you put it on FB. smile.gif

QUOTE (GhostGirl @ Apr 16 2009, 09:23 PM)
QUOTE (Mrs. Huck Rogers @ Apr 16 2009, 03:20 PM)
QUOTE (GhostGirl @ Apr 16 2009, 09:03 PM)

It was awesome!

So glad you put it on FB. smile.gif

Glad Susan went on BGT!

QUOTE (Mrs. Huck Rogers @ Apr 16 2009, 05:19 PM)
QUOTE (circumstantial tree @ Apr 16 2009, 04:23 PM)

eyesre4.gif

The British know f**k all about makeup eh?

yeah, um, whatever that comment means. huh.gif

I hate these types of shows but had to checkout what all the fuss was about... she was great! I don't know how obvious it was to her that the audience and judges were ready to have a laugh at her expense but she seemed to take it well. Good for her to have the courage to get up on stage, hope she can make some decent cash off of this.