98 members have voted

1. 1. Which statement is true?

• Rush is the greatest band in the world, LZ sucks moose balls
    • Rush is light years better than Led Zeppelin
    • Rush is modestly better than Led Zeppelin
    • Rush and Led Zeppelin are both great, just different
    • Led Zeppelin is modestly better than Rush
    • Led Zeppelin was legendary, Rush just very good
    • Led Zeppelin was awesome, Rush just.. eh....
    • Led Zeppelin is the greatest band to live, Rush... just good
    • Culture Clubs blows both of these bands away
    • Balls balls balls balls balls

They are different...Rush is my favourite, hands down, but Zeppelin really kicks ass, and I listen to them probably just as much as Rush.

Oh Yes, My fondness for Zep in unwavering yes.gif

Oh Yes, My fondness for RUSH is still expanding yes.gif

If they both ended their careers at the same time Zep would win, But as many have stated before, the fact that Rush has 20+ years on Zep makes this a no brainier .

2.gif WINS ! ! ! !

Oh my lord...this is such a tough one...why oh why did you start this Lerxt!!..damn you!!

Zep was a great kick ass rock band who had all the ingredients in place..guitar god..drum god...singer god..oh wait...SO DOES RUSH!...

Zep pretty much stuck with the blues throughout there career and Rush was more experimental..though Zep did mix it up quite often...they just both kick loads of ass...i cant decide

Zep is more a six pack and dimebag....Rush is more acid trip ..there..its settled

Oh wait wait..i got another analogy...

its like when people compare Rush with Dream theater....DT is more technichal , but Rush has the better songwriting...somethin like that

Considering this is posed on a Rush board, it does speak well of Zeppelin to have gotten such a high % vote on the "both great" choice. Or is that a cop out by the jellyfish among us?

Seriously - allow yourself to choose only one. Imagine you are banished to a desert island with a CD player and a lifetime supply of batteries.

I will choose the path that's clear -

I will choose MaryAnn.

QUOTE (TheRyde @ Apr 14 2009, 12:42 PM)
Rush is the better technical band anyway. In terms of their ability to play. I don't know that you can beat Zep for songs (obviously).

goodpost.gif

My thoughts exactly!

QUOTE (bigmoney2112 @ Apr 14 2009, 05:33 PM)
Lz sux moose balls lol

Well..............quite obviously you have curried the favor of all Moose everywhere.

laugh.gif

Zeppelin definitely rocked, but they never had that emotional feel to their music that Rush has. For me, personally, it's no comparison. I respect Bonham on the drums tremendously (Kashmir is a classic), and Page is an amazing guitarist, though everything I have heard live sucks. And Plant a great vocalist, but there is an emotion to Rush's music (not lyrics) that gets to me that Zeppelin doesn't have.

When Rush can master as many different styles like Zep could then it will be a closer call.

Zep could do Rock (Black Dog), Blues (Since I Been Lovin' You), Folk (Thank You), Epic (In My Time of Dying), Trippy (Dazed and Confused), Ballad (Stairway to Heaven), Rock n' roll (Sea of Love, i.e. as Honeydrippers), Prog (Kashmir), Metal (Immigrant Song)....

(both are fairly awful at reggae, admittedly)

Why do we judge who we like based on things like: Which one can do more genres, which one has a better keyboard player, which one has a better guitarist. I judge it on what I like to listen to. Both are great bands but to choose one I choose 2.gif . Why? Because I like them better, it doesn't go beyond that.

There is nothing to settle. The Crown of Canada is at the top. The rest of the music world is underneath. 2.gif

I think Zep are unquestionably a greater band than Rush.

But when it comes to music preference it is super close, but I have to give a nod to Zep.

:rush: are much better than those thieves of African American blues.

• Like 1

I think Zep are unquestionably a greater band than Rush.

But when it comes to music preference it is super close, but I have to give a nod to Zep.

:rush: are much better than those thieves of African American blues.

Well these two guys would disagree a lot with you!

I voted Rush is modestly better. If it wasn't for the fact that LZ plagiarized so much music I would say they were equal but LZ loses points for ripping off old blues guys and others. Still LZ were one of the first bands I really got into so I can't say I hate them. It's just that I lost some respect after I found out about some of the details concerning the songwriting and them not giving proper credit etc.
  • Like 1