Most Disturbing Songs

ALifeson85

What are some songs you guy's have heard that just pretty much disturbed/bothered/made you feel uneasy after you heard them? Here's a short list I've came up with so far:

30K Ft. by Assemblage 23 - The song's lyrics are from the viewpoint of a man whose on a plane that is about to crash. He's leaving a voice message on his wife's answering machine - bascilly telling her to tell his family and friends (and her) how much he loves them. Pretty depressing/disturbing...esp. the FINAL moment of the song. You'll have to hear it to see what I mean... ph34r.gif

Jeremy by Pearl Jam - About a boy who shoots himself infront of his classmates. Apparently, it's based on a TRUE story, so I've read... unsure.gif

D.O.A. by Bloodrock - About a man slowly dying on the side of the road after being involved in a car crash. Pretty intense stuff, too

Edited by ALifeson85

Cannibal Corpse has some chilling lyrics. Graphic descriptions of necrophilia, etc.

Back in the day, the songs "Black Sabbath" and "NIB" gave me the creeps.

• Like 1

Frank Zappa wrote some pretty f***ed-up stuff.

QUOTE (goose @ Apr 12 2009, 11:15 PM)
Cannibal Corpse has some chilling lyrics. Graphic descriptions of necrophilia, etc.

Back in the day, the songs "Black Sabbath" and "NIB" gave me the creeps.

Yeah - Cannibal Corpse has some VERY graphic lyrics...but the songs that disturb ME the most, are the ones that are a bit more "suttle", and not obviously TRYING to be shocking/disturbing.

Another song for example...

A Cautionary Tale by The Decemberists - about a mother, who at night when her kids are in bed, goes out to the local harbor, and prostitutes herself to sailors, so she can feed her kids. Pretty creepy song, both lyricly AND musicly

Anything by Toby keith.

The worst song I've ever heard would have to be "Shredded Humans" by Cannibal Corpse.

Ugh, that song just makes me sick.

I think it's much more dificult, and sort of impressive to didturb by music itself rather than by lyrics (which is easy enough just write something gross). On several occasions I have been freaked out by the actual music - the intro of In The Flesh from The Wall. I remember putting it on for the first time on a remastered cd (v g quality - I guess it increases the impact) in a dark room. I had to turn it off after the first two chords. I was scared. Well I was 15 at the time.

Another song that gives me the creeps because of music and not lyrics is Walking on the Air from the Snowman cartoon (I don't know if it's known in the US - it's British). So creepy. Makes me think the composer's selling his soul to Satan when I hear it. Nobody has ever shared my emotions on this though so far...

rap.........that is all

1022.gif

As a kid I always thought "Seasons in the Sun" (Terry Jacks) was disturbing. unsure.gif