Always check your children's homework

Rolinda Bonz

http://i27.photobucket.com/albums/c167/RolindaBonz/pic12529.jpg

After the above picture was graded and the child brought it home,

the little girl returned to school the next day with the following note:

Dear Ms. Davis,

I want to be very clear on my child's illustration.

It is NOT of me on a dance pole on a stage in a strip joint.

I work at Home Depot and had commented to my daughter

how much money we made in the recent snowstorm.

This photo is of me selling a shovel.

Mrs. Harrington

thanks for this email, sundog! th1245.gif

it made my day! hug2.gif

QUOTE (Rolinda Bonz @ Apr 1 2009, 12:17 AM)

Dear Ms. Davis,
Mrs. Harrington

it made my day! hug2.gif

HILARIOUS!

QUOTE (Rolinda Bonz @ Apr 1 2009, 12:17 AM)

Dear Ms. Davis,
Mrs. Harrington

it made my day! hug2.gif

Funny to just find this thread now!

I remember sending this back out... Hysterical!

I laughed so hard when my Max brought home this work he had done at school. This was about 2 years ago so he was 6 or 7 when he did this.

When I asked him what he meant, he said well the first thing is a clock wink.gif sure Max tongue.gif the second was metal line, but he didn't remember what he meant by that.

Anyway I still like to give him trouble about it laugh.gif

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/0903/mindid/DCP11703.jpg

rofl3.gif hey really funny...

my piano student who is five years old came to his lesson last week insisting that if I talked he would give a weggie then tried !!!

I told the dad hey you know B***** threatens me with a weggie. He was joking but it was something going at school.

That was a first for me!

On a serious note, my daughter at age 5 drew a picture of a princess with scratches all over her body and they wanted to put her in therapy for it. Her teacher said the drawing was disturbing.(she was 5 !) I was so pissed off. I asked the teacher if she asked her to explain the picture ? She said no. I said why not ? Lets talk to her about it together. I asked my daughter in front of her teacher and she explained the princess was traveling through the Forrest and got scratched from sticks and branches. I asked the teacher if she was satisfied, and not to insult me like this again with out a real cause. Edited by tick

QUOTE (tick @ Jan 13 2010, 03:18 PM)
On a serious note, my daughter at age 5 drew a picture of a princess with scratches all over her body and they wanted to put her in therapy for it. Her teacher said the drawing was disturbing.(she was 5 !) I was so pissed off. I asked the teacher if she asked her to explain the picture ? She said no. I said why not ? Lets talk to her about it together. I asked my daughter in front of her teacher and she explained the princess was traveling through the Forrest and got scratched from sticks and branches. I asked the teacher if she was satisfied, and not to insult me like this again with out a real cause.

Whoa!

If she was 15...ok, yea, disturbing. 5? Please!!

On a serious note, my daughter at age 5 drew a picture of a princess with scratches all over her body and they wanted to put her in therapy for it. Her teacher said the drawing was disturbing.(she was 5 !) I was so pissed off. I asked the teacher if she asked her to explain the picture ? She said no. I said why not ? Lets talk to her about it together. I asked my daughter in front of her teacher and she explained the princess was traveling through the Forrest and got scratched from sticks and branches. I asked the teacher if she was satisfied, and not to insult me like this again with out a real cause.

That's the sad thing about the world we live in today, Tick. Teachers are so quick to escalate "issues" out of fear that they'll get fired, brought up on charges or even sued. They'd rather make an ass out of themselves and err on the side of caution or bad judgement...whatever you want to call it. In the end, they still have their job. From their perspective, it's the better outcome.

QUOTE (Natch @ Jan 13 2010, 04:35 PM)

That's the sad thing about the world we live in today, Tick. Teachers are so quick to escalate "issues" out of fear that they'll get fired, brought up on charges or even sued. They'd rather make an ass out of themselves and err on the side of caution or bad judgement...whatever you want to call it. In the end, they still have their job. From their perspective, it's the better outcome.

I am reasonable, and I do understand your point, but you have to trust me when I tell you this particular teacher was a nut job. This one only one of several ridiculous issues I had with this woman that year.

QUOTE (tick @ Jan 13 2010, 03:57 PM)
QUOTE (Natch @ Jan 13 2010, 04:35 PM)

I am reasonable, and I do understand your point, but you have to trust me when I tell you this particular teacher was a nut job. This one only one of several ridiculous issues I had with this woman that year.

Maybe so. My kids are teenagers now, and they've had lots of teachers. I do recall an odd teacher or two over the years.

QUOTE (Rolinda Bonz @ Mar 31 2009, 11:17 PM)

Dear Ms. Davis,
Mrs. Harrington

OH MY! z7shysterical.gif

I just saw this thread for the first time......this is hilarious.

QUOTE (flybynightgirl @ Jan 13 2010, 01:06 PM)
rofl3.gif hey really funny...

my piano student who is five years old came to his lesson last week insisting that if I talked he would give a weggie then tried !!!

I told the dad hey you know B***** threatens me with a  weggie.  He was joking but it was something going at school.

That was a first for me!

laugh.gif that musta freaked you out. bekloppt.gif great to see you here. new_thumbsupsmileyanim.gif