Battlestar Gallactica

skyswing

I didn't see a thread about the show so I started one, especially for folks who followed the 2000s version pretty closely.

I have mixed feelings about the way they ended it. Though it was interesting and character-driven, I still think it left a lot of things unresolved. But hey, but not everything ends neatly in life either.

Any thoughts?

QUOTE (skyswing @ Mar 21 2009, 09:22 AM)
I didn't see a thread about the show so I started one, especially for folks who followed the 2000s version pretty closely.
I have mixed feelings about the way they ended it. Though it was interesting and character-driven, I still think it left a lot of things unresolved. But hey, but not everything ends neatly in life either.
Any thoughts?

Yeah, the ending was hugely unsatisfying.

QUOTE (Jack Aubrey @ Mar 21 2009, 11:48 AM)
Any thoughts?

Spoiler - for those who haven't seen the final episode yet

I was a little puzzled at the ending myself. It seemed to me that after all those people/cylons went thru together they would want to stay together to start over. Walking off into the sunset, flying off into the sunset, vanishing.. etc.. did they time travel to that planet? The only thing I was happy about is that Tori got what was coming to her, I hated her. The flashbacks gave some insight into the characters, but I also didn't see the point of some of them.. I had to watch the whole thing twice to really get it..

A lot of other series finale have been less satisfying, so I can't complain. I still think that it was pretty good t.v. and better than a lot of what is on t.v. right now. I'm sad it's over and I now have no Friday night shows.

F that...If these two aren't in it...It aint BSG!!!

http://i143.photobucket.com/albums/r153/melissadagr8/Battlestar%20Galactica%201978/StarbuckBoomer.jpg

QUOTE (MCM @ Mar 21 2009, 06:28 PM)
Any thoughts?

I was a little puzzled at the ending myself. It seemed to me that after all those people/cylons went thru together they would want to stay together to start over. Walking off into the sunset, flying off into the sunset, vanishing.. etc.. did they time travel to that planet? The only thing I was happy about is that Tori got what was coming to her, I hated her. The flashbacks gave some insight into the characters, but I also didn't see the point of some of them.. I had to watch the whole thing twice to really get it..

A lot of other series finale have been less satisfying, so I can't complain. I still think that it was pretty good t.v. and better than a lot of what is on t.v. right now. I'm sad it's over and I now have no Friday night shows.

goodpost.gif This pretty much says what I was thinking.

*SPOILER* However, that second Earth thing confuses me. Was the first "Earth" not this Earth? It sure looked like it, I'm sure I saw Florida and the Gulf of Mexico in the last shot of the second season were they show where Starbuck had returned from. So, did jumping that far somehow cause a temporal displacement? I know, I sound like a Trekkie (which I am, btw)... tongue.gif laugh.gif

QUOTE (CygXanTor @ Mar 23 2009, 09:32 AM)
QUOTE (MCM @ Mar 21 2009, 06:28 PM)
Any thoughts?

goodpost.gif This pretty much says what I was thinking.

*SPOILER* However, that second Earth thing confuses me. Was the first "Earth" not this Earth? It sure looked like it, I'm sure I saw Florida and the Gulf of Mexico in the last shot of the second season were they show where Starbuck had returned from. So, did jumping that far somehow cause a temporal displacement? I know, I sound like a Trekkie (which I am, btw)... tongue.gif laugh.gif

Exactly, and if the first earth was the real earth, in their actual time, then are we as earth dwellers, actually the thirteenth tribe thus making us all cylons?

I don't remember seeing the globe when Kara came back from "the dead", but I did see it in this episode and you could see north america.. or at least I was pretty sure I saw Florida.. I think it was either time travel or it's just to complicated for my pea brain.

I thought it was awesome and it answered all of the questions! If you don't understand something you can PM if you like. It's pretty mind-blowing when you think it over actually.

I have mixed feelings about the ending, but at least it was an ending; so many shows just keep you hanging on until they are canceled, then no story line is tied up. It ended, and I think it ended while the quality was still high.

And I must confess that I got a tear in my eye several times:

spoiler!

particularly when the fleet flew off into the sun with the original BSG theme from 1979 played beautifully.

My only real complaint is the lack of a concrete answer to all of the mysteries surrounding Starbuck; but any answer they provided probably would have been unsatisfying, so maybe it's best left to our imagination anyway.

perfect episode IMO. Starbuck was some kind of angel type thing. She was there for a purpose etc... well i like how there's some unanswered questions... and also it shook me a bit and made me kinda angry to see 150,000 years later- everything was the same. i hope Six was right, and that the cycle won't repeat itself.

Best series ever. Loved every moment of it smile.gif

QUOTE (wordsmith @ Mar 27 2009, 02:23 PM)

particularly when the fleet flew off into the sun with the original BSG theme from 1979 played beautifully.

laugh.gif Me too!

QUOTE (MrHands @ Apr 1 2009, 06:08 PM)
QUOTE (wordsmith @ Mar 27 2009, 02:23 PM)

laugh.gif Me too!

Me 3.

I'm looking forward to finding out about The Plan...They never really explained what it was all about from the Cylon's point of view, next fall we'll know. 1022.gif

Btw, I wonder what happened to the freed Centurians??? I mean, obviously they went their own way, and never bothered humanity again, but where did they wind up? What did they eventually evolve into, are they still out there, and would they pose a threat to humanity if we ever encountered them again??? confused13.gif

Edited by CygXanTor