The Official My Chemical Romance thread

Xanadu93

QUOTE (English Muffin @ May 21 2009, 03:01 PM)
I once liked MCR but it was just a passing phase, one of my bad days.

eyesre4.gif

QUOTE (English Muffin @ May 22 2009, 07:01 AM)

That line reminds me of a song...yes I do believe I have it now, thanks for the memory test laugh.gif

QUOTE (naturalsciences101 @ May 21 2009, 10:44 PM)
I personally don't understand how a kid as musically astute as yourself can go in for such a goofy Pop outfit. Can you explain...by example. Like, give me the link to some IMEEM or MySpace track of theirs, that will make me go, "Oh, I get it now." Does such a track exist?

For starters, NEVER refer to MyChem as "goofy Pop", or emo. That's a huge insult. Pop is the JoBlos, Miley Cyrus, etc., and the use of dark imagery/wearing makeup does not make a band emo. I don't think there's one song from their debut you'd hear on radio; of course, their debut was on an indie label. There's a lot of storytelling in the songs, a lot more than singing about "Something in your Mouth" (well, that's not very hard to top laugh.gif ). If you're basing your opinion on two songs or a picture of the group (this is meant in general, not personally), then I can't take you seriously.

Check out "I Don't Love You" and "Headfirst for Halos" on YouTube. Completely different songs - I don't remember pop groups making different songs. laugh.gif

I'll give this band a serious go tomorrow. They sure look like yer average Pop Emo outfit though. I say a serious go, but if the first tune is full of that particular 'sound' that sends eerie feelings throughout me system, then off it goes. Don't ya have a link to their best one or two tracks?

QUOTE (naturalsciences101 @ May 21 2009, 11:46 PM)
I'll give this band a serious go tomorrow. They sure look like yer average Pop Emo outfit though. I say a serious go, but if the first tune is full of that particular 'sound' that sends eerie feelings throughout me system, then off it goes. Don't ya have a link to their best one or two tracks?

They have a dark tone to their music, but by no means are they "pop". Remember, looks aren't everything.

QUOTE (English Muffin @ May 22 2009, 04:32 PM)
QUOTE (Xanadu93 @ May 22 2009, 03:37 AM)

eyesre4.gif

nah, they're alright trink36.gif

Okay. (I wasn't sure if you were joking or not - glad to know there's another fan! laugh.gif )

QUOTE (Xanadu93 @ May 22 2009, 10:17 PM)

eyesre4.gif

Okay. (I wasn't sure if you were joking or not - glad to know there's another fan! laugh.gif )

dont push it lol

QUOTE (English Muffin @ May 24 2009, 02:16 PM)
QUOTE (Xanadu93 @ May 22 2009, 10:17 PM)

eyesre4.gif

dont push it lol

ohmy.gif

biggrin.gif

QUOTE (The Spirit of Radio @ May 24 2009, 05:01 PM)
My best friend is a huge fan of these guys, and she recommended The Ghost of You, which I absolutely love. The only other song I know, though, is Black Parade, I'd love to start to listen to more of them.
smile.gif

Yays! A new MCR fan! biggrin.gif biggrin.gif biggrin.gif

Let's see - here are a few from The Black Parade: "Dead!", "I Don't Love You", and "Cancer".

From Three Cheers For Sweet Revenge (this is the album that "The Ghost of You" is from): "Helena",

, and

Tell me how you like these, and I'll post some more.

Have fun listening!

-Xannydew

QUOTE (naturalsciences101 @ May 21 2009, 08:44 PM)
I personally don't understand how a kid as musically astute as yourself can go in for such a goofy Pop outfit. Can you explain...by example. Like, give me the link to some IMEEM or MySpace track of theirs, that will make me go, "Oh, I get it now." Does such a track exist?

laugh.gif

QUOTE (WCFIELDS @ May 24 2009, 08:02 PM)
QUOTE (naturalsciences101 @ May 21 2009, 08:44 PM)
I personally don't understand how a kid as musically astute as yourself can go in for such a goofy Pop outfit.  Can you explain...by example.  Like, give me the link to some IMEEM or MySpace track of theirs, that will make me go, "Oh, I get it now."  Does such a track exist?

laugh.gif

With all due respect to natsci - and his prediction that I would make myself "sick" of Yes, which I somewhat have - his post missed the mark by a couple of parsecs. wink.gif

Attention all posters!

The TRF Musical Taste Police have been informed of this thread.

You have five minutes to gather your belongings and vacate this thread before the Tac-Team is sent in.

As legislated* by Section 5, Paragraph 3 of the TRF Musical Taste Act of 2001 (hereby referred to as "The Act"), no person may start a thread about a musical act, group, sound or scene that is contrary to popular opinion of the posters of TRF.com. A first offense is punishable by, but not limited to, spamming of the thread with useless comments about how the band "sucks" or "is tEh l4me".

Repeat offenders will be apprehended, processed and placed into internment camps where they will be educated about proper musical taste. They will also receive training into how to keep their musical tastes to themselves so as not to offend other posters.

*The meeting in question was marred by one incident. Council Member Smith openly suggested that those looking at a thread where the band discussed was not to their liking simply "move along and not waste anybody's time with a useless post". Thankfully, he was later shot.

QUOTE (Slime @ May 26 2009, 01:46 AM)
Attention all posters!

The TRF Musical Taste Police have been informed of this thread.

You have five minutes to gather your belongings and vacate this thread before the Tac-Team is sent in.

As legislated* by Section 5, Paragraph 3 of the TRF Musical Taste Act of 2001 (hereby referred to as "The Act"), no person may start a thread about a musical act, group, sound or scene that is contrary to popular opinion of the posters of TRF.com. A first offense is punishable by, but not limited to, spamming of the thread with useless comments about how the band "sucks" or "is tEh l4me".

Repeat offenders will be apprehended, processed and placed into internment camps where they will be educated about proper musical taste. They will also receive training into how to keep their musical tastes to themselves so as not to offend other posters.

*The meeting in question was marred by one incident. Council Member Smith openly suggested that those looking at a thread where the band discussed was not to their liking simply "move along and not waste anybody's time with a useless post". Thankfully, he was later shot.

confused13.gif

unsure.gif

laugh.gif

QUOTE (VarianStar @ May 27 2009, 12:46 PM)
Personally I have loved MCR since hearing "The Ghost Of You".

Yays! Another MyChem fan! common001.gif

I actually got into MCR backwards - "Dead!" was the first MCR song I ever heard, and The Black Parade was the first album. I bought Three Cheers For Sweet Revenge on New Year's Eve, and I bought I Brought You My Bullets, You Brought Me Your Love a few weeks ago. All three are great albums! yes.gif

Oh, and Gerard Way and Lyn-Z are officially parents. biggrin.gif

Ray Toro posted an audio blog on the band's website. He said that the writing is over, and the band is ready to rehearse and tweak the songs. The release date is supposed to be end of 2009/beginning of 2010. Sounds good to me. new_thumbsupsmileyanim.gif

The band is preparing to head to the studio. Ray Toro posted this on the band's blog: "Slowly but surely, we are chipping away at each song and getting them really tight. I'm really proud of everyone in the band, we're playing better than we ever have and cannot wait to take that energy into the studio. Only a few more days till the studo! You guys will be excited when you hear the new stuff, trust me!!!"

I'm getting more and more excited that this is going to be yet another great My Chemical Romance album.

I haven't updated since the band entered the studio, which was a few weeks ago. This is the most recent update, courtesy of Ray Toro:

"Sorry for the lack of updates, but it actually is a good thing, because we've been crazy busy. I think we are almost finished with the greatest song we've ever written. Its coming along incredibly (is that even a word?) and I think it will be the standard for every other track on the record. In a way, this is really helpful, because now we can make each song the best it can be, in a sense taking each song as its own entity and reaching for the stars with each track.

"Weekend off, so getting some much needed rest and thinking about how to make what we have even better. You guys are in for a treat..."

So, the band are "almost finished with the greatest song we've ever written". Still no song titles, album name, or anything like that - but on these updates alone, I'm excited.

Haven't heard any updates so I assume they're hard at work on the record. Though I wish Ray would give us some kind of update, or at least some type of foreboding for songs, lyrics, etc.