The movie quote game.

Jack Aubrey

QUOTE (paganoman @ Nov 4 2004, 09:48 AM)
QUOTE (1-0-0-1-0-0-1 @ Nov 4 2004, 09:01 AM)
QUOTE (BSG @ Nov 4 2004, 07:10 AM)
Alright, as discussed with Jack, a new day in the movie quote game brings a new quote from the same movie...

So, the new rule is we have to provide a new quote every day until somebody solves it? Some movies don't have a lot of good quotes, but I think it's worth a try. I put up two quotes and a bunch of hints with that last one.

I like this new rule. BSG is correct and I'll wait for Jack's official note. One question.... If there are no guesses from one day to the next, is a new quote still necessary, or can we at least wait for a someone to take a shot at it?

Thanks,

GP

Yes, if no one takes a guess, that's exactly WHY we want a new quote, to get people playing.

Care to take a stab at this one?

Anyone? confused13.gif

• Replies 826
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE (BSG @ Nov 4 2004, 10:41 AM)
Alright, as discussed with Jack, a new day in the movie quote game brings a new quote from the same movie...

So, the new rule is we have to provide a new quote every day until somebody solves it? Some movies don't have a lot of good quotes, but I think it's worth a try. I put up two quotes and a bunch of hints with that last one.

Oh Jaaaack? Did you make the announcement?

I guess not. It just seemed like a good idea to keep the game moving along. Of course, I will wait for Jack's official public endorsement of this rule.

Well, yes. I was planning on making this a rule. It was BSG's suggestion, so all credit to him, etc.

QUOTE (Jack Aubrey @ Nov 4 2004, 04:32 PM)
QUOTE (BSG @ Nov 4 2004, 10:41 AM)

Oh Jaaaack? Did you make the announcement?

I guess not. It just seemed like a good idea to keep the game moving along. Of course, I will wait for Jack's official public endorsement of this rule.

Well, yes. I was planning on making this a rule. It was BSG's suggestion, so all credit to him, etc.

Ooops! Sorry, Jack. I jumped the gun there. <sheepish>

OK, see how you go with this one:

"I think I could turn and live with animals. They are so placid and self-contained. They do not lie awake in the dark and weep for their sins. They do not make me sick discussing their duty to God. Not one of them kneels to another or to his own kind that lived thousands of years ago. Not one of them is respectable or unhappy, all over the earth"

QUOTE (Slaine mac Roth @ Nov 7 2004, 06:34 PM)

"I think I could turn and live with animals. They are so placid and self-contained. They do not lie awake in the dark and weep for their sins. They do not make me sick discussing their duty to God. Not one of them kneels to another or to his own kind that lived thousands of years ago. Not one of them is respectable or unhappy, all over the earth"

Um, I could be wrong, but I think this a Cuba Gooding Jr line from Instinct.

QUOTE (Chasartymac @ Nov 7 2004, 10:55 PM)
QUOTE (Slaine mac Roth @ Nov 7 2004, 06:34 PM)

Um, I could be wrong, but I think this a Cuba Gooding Jr line from Instinct.

no.gif

QUOTE (Chasartymac @ Nov 8 2004, 12:00 AM)
Last minute thought. How about Dr Doolittle?

no.gif

Hint 1: This film was released pre-1980 and has gained a massive cult following since then. An edited version was re-released at the cinema in 1980

The Island of Dr. Meaurow (I know I completely hosed up the spelling)